@Jaywill

@Jaywill

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
They have been temporarily blinded to allow time for the fullness of the
gentiles to come into faith according to the Biblical texts.
Oh I see. The Isrealites were blinded. That's the all time dumbest statement on this so far I've ever heard. Awesome dude.
So now I'm curious as to wether the other trinitarians here would agree with this statement of yours????????????

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Oh I see. The Isrealites were blinded. That's the all time dumbest statement on this so far I've ever heard. Awesome dude.
So now I'm curious as to wether the other trinitarians here would agree with this statement of yours????????????
If you give him enough rope. . . .

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its not explicitly stated in any text is it, no one mentions it do they, not Paul, not Christ,
not God, not even Satan, therefore its an element (of your faith) not explicitly stated
in the Biblical text, isn't it. why do you do it?
Why do the Watchtower use the term "theocracy" when it is not explicitly
stated in the Biblical text. Why?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 11

why, because its simply another instance of you asserting that there is an element, in
this instance the trinity, that exists yet it is not explicitly stated in the biblical text, why
do you do it? why are you constantly portraying elements that are not explicitly stated
in the Biblical text? why did Jesus not mention it? why did Paul not me ...[text shortened]... traying elements that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical
text? why do you do it? why?
Robbie don't you know anything? The meaning of the word element is like the words or terms "maybe" "could be" "we believe" "we think" "it appears" "our opinion" "sounds like" "alludes too" etc, etc.
You need to learn the facts here brother or I mean the vagueness on this doctrine and don't believe in what the Bible actually teaches.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11
1 edit

It is in the biblical text. Maybe you should actually read the text sometime
instead of the "Awake" magazine.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

It's a term, not a belif in some false paganistic doctrine.

Next fuzzy thought?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 11

It is in the biblical text. Maybe you should actually read the text sometime
instead of the "Awake" magazine.
Show me..............

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11

Robbie don't you know anything? The meaning of the word element is like the words or terms "maybe" "could be" "we believe" "we think" "it appears" "our opinion" "sounds like" "alludes too" etc, etc.
You need to learn the facts here brother or I mean the vagueness on this doctrine and don't believe in what the Bible actually teaches.
Hahaha. Praise the Lord. Hallelu Yah !!! 😀

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11

because i am biased, that is why!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11

because i am biased, that is why!
I figured that, but did not expect you to admit it. Got to go eat, now.

j

Moves
27 Dec 11
3 edits

Please answer the question, why are you portraying elements that are not explicit in
the biblical text. I have already demonstrated that God himself terms mere human
judges as gods, this does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it,
in the same respect, when we state that Christ is a god, it does not mean that there is
mor ...[text shortened]... estion,

why are you portraying elements that are not explicitly stated in the biblical text.
I have already demonstrated that God himself terms mere human
judges as gods, this does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it, in the same respect, when we state that Christ is a god, it does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it, your argument therefore on this basis is just stupid, the prophecy in Isaiah is a prophetic utterance about Jesus Christ, not Jehovah the Almighty,

So you go to Psalm 89 in a hope to justify your polytheism ?

So when you say Christ is "a god" you mean that there is more than one "Mighty God" ?

This reasoning will not work because the "Mighty God" in Isaiah 9:6 is paralleled with the Eternal Father.

In other words the "Mighty God" who identifies as the child ... born is the same God as the "Eternal Father".

Is there MORE than ONE Eternal Father in the Bible ? To convince me that the "Mighty God" of Isaiah 9:6 is only one of an assortment of various and sundry mighty gods (as implied by Psalm 89) you have to first convince me that "Mighty God" is someone OTHER than "Eternal Father".

You have to convince me that TWO different Ones are being refered to RATHER than the SAME One by TWO different designations.

It should be understood that the parallelism means to convey that ONE in the same God is being spoken concerning - "Mighty God" and "Eternal Father".

Now JEHOVAH is the Divine Father who is eternal in the Bible -

ISAIAH 63:16 - For You are our Father, Since Abraham does not know us, And Israel does not acknowledge us. You, JEHOVAH, are our Father; Our Redeemer from of old is Your name."

Who is the divine Father of Israel ? JEHOVAH - "You, JEHOVAH, are our Father" He is the Father from of old, or as some versions say "from everlasting".

Who is the Divine Father who is of eternity in the Bible? He is Jehovah God.

ISAIAH 64:8 - "But now, Jehovah, You are our Father; We are the clay; and You are the Potter."

Exodus 4:22 - "Then you shall say to Pharoah, Thus says JEHOVAH, Israel is My son, My firstborn. And I said to you, Let My son go that he may serve Me ..."

Because God is the Creator, the Potter, of Israel He is the divine Father. There is only one divine and eternal Father in the whole Bible.

Deuteronomy 32:6 - "Do you repay Jehovah with this, Foolish and unwise people ? Is He not your Father who bought you ? Was it not He who made you and established you ? "

The Divine and Eternal Father is Jehovah. He is the buying Redeemer - "Is He not your FATHER who bought you?" .

How can you hope to twist Isaiah 9:6 to teach that "Eternal Father" is not Jehovah the "Mighty God" ?

First Chronicles 29:10 - "And David blessed JEHOVAH in the sight of all the assembly. And David said, You are blessed, O Jehovah, God of Israel our Father from eternity to eternity."

Jehovah is the Eternal Father from eternity to eternity. This is the same Eternal Father in Isaiah 9:6 Who is the "Son ... given", who is the "Mighty God" as a "CHILD ... BORN".

This One is the Father from eternity to eternity.

Jeremiah 3:19 - "How I will put you among the sons, And give you a pleasant land, An inheritance of the most ornate of the nations! And I said, You will call Me, My Father, and will not turn away from Me."

The one Divine and Eternal Father redeems and establishes Israel and gives them the inheritance of the pleasant land.

Malachi 1:6 - "A son honors his father, and a servant his lord. Therefore if I am a Father, where is My honor ? And if I am the Lord, where is My fear? says JEHOVAH of hosts to you, O priests who despise My name."

There is no possibility of teaching that in Isaiah 9:6 the "Eternal Father" is OTHER than JEHOVAH. And since that is the case, "Mighty God" CANNOT refer to one of various and sundry other miscellaneous "gods".

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[quote] I have already demonstrated that God himself terms mere human
judges as gods, this does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it, in the same respect, when we state that Christ is a god, it does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it, your argument therefore on this basis is just stupid, the prophecy in Isa ...[text shortened]... us and sundry other miscellaneous "gods".
its with reference to Jesus, every sane individual knows it. Why are you still trying to portray elements that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[quote] I have already demonstrated that God himself terms mere human
judges as gods, this does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it, in the same respect, when we state that Christ is a god, it does not mean that there is more than one Almighty God, does it, your argument therefore on this basis is just stupid, the prophecy in Isa ...[text shortened]... us and sundry other miscellaneous "gods".
Why are the terms Father and Son used in the Bible in speaking of Jehovah and Jesus? Just a simple answer will do.

j

Moves
27 Dec 11
1 edit

Why are the terms Father and Son used in the Bible in speaking of Jehovah and Jesus? Just a simple answer will do.
Because they are distinct but not separate. Because co-inherance is true - One lives in the Other.

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

"WE ... will come to him and make an abode with him."

"WE ..." the Father and the Son.

"WE ... will make an abode with him"

Galveston, has the Divine "WE" of Christ and His Father come to make an abode with you ? The Triune God has come and made an abode with me.

j

Moves
27 Dec 11

its with reference to Jesus, every sane individual knows it. Why are you still trying to portray elements that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text.

If you are refering to ISAIAH 9:6 you are quite right. I definitely believe that it is a prophecy concerning JESUS. And it is also a prophecy concerning Jehovah who is the "Mighty God" and Jehovah who is the "Eternal Father".

It is a prophecy concerning the INCARNATION of God as a man. And He is WONDERFUL.