@Jaywill

@Jaywill

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by jaywill
its with reference to Jesus, every sane individual knows it. Why are you still trying to portray elements that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text.

If you are refering to [b]ISAIAH 9:6
you are quite right. I definitely believe that it is a prophecy concerning JESUS. And it is also a prophecy concerning Jehovah who is the ...[text shortened]... /b].

It is a prophecy concerning the INCARNATION of God as a man. And He is WONDERFUL.[/b]
Now he will get off into the fact that the word "trinity" is not in the Holy Bible.
And eventually he will have amnesia and not remember anything you have
said and repeat this same question over again. Good luck if you want to
keep going around in circles with this futile effort. 😉

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11

its with reference to Jesus, every sane individual knows it. Why are you still trying to portray elements that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text.

If you are refering to [b]ISAIAH 9:6
you are quite right. I definitely believe that it is a prophecy concerning JESUS. And it is also a prophecy concerning Jehovah who is the ...[text shortened]... /b].

It is a prophecy concerning the INCARNATION of God as a man. And He is WONDERFUL.[/b]
more portrayal of elements that are simply not explicitly stated in the biblical text, why
do you do it Jaywill, that you do it, is without question, but why do you do it. The
incarnation of man is not explicitly stated in the text, you have once again made it up,
why do you need to do that? why are you constantly attempting to portray elements
that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text?

j

Moves
28 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
more portrayal of elements that are simply not explicitly stated in the biblical text, why
do you do it Jaywill, that you do it, is without question, but why do you do it. The
incarnation of man is not explicitly stated in the text, you have once again made it up,
why do you need to do that? why are you constantly attempting to portray elements
that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text?
more portrayal of elements that are simply not explicitly stated in the biblical text, why do you do it Jaywill, that you do it, is without question, but why do you do it. The incarnation of man is not explicitly stated in the text, you have once again made it up, why do you need to do that? why are you constantly attempting to portray elements that are not explicitly stated in the Biblical text?

No incarnation ?

That a human child is born unto us who is "Mighty God"
A son is given to us who is "Eternal Father" -

And you take on a phony intellectual posture that there is no incarnation mentioned in Isaiah 9:6 ?

I can only conclude that your problems are deeper than matters of biblical text interpretation.

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11

[quote] more portrayal of elements that are simply not explicitly stated in the biblical text, why do you do it Jaywill, that you do it, is without question, but why do you do it. The incarnation of man is not explicitly stated in the text, you have once again made it up, why do you need to do that? why are you constantly attempting to portray elements t ...[text shortened]... n only conclude that your problems are deeper than matters of biblical text interpretation.
And you take on a phony intellectual posture that there is no incarnation mentioned in Isaiah 9:6 ?

because you are making it up, that is why, incarnation is not explicitly stated in the
text, you have made it up, that Christ is Almighty God is not stated in the text you
have made it up, that the trinity is not even mentioned in scripture, by Christ, God
or Paul, you have made it up.

you continually are presenting elements not in the Biblical text because you are
religiously biased, that is why and the sooner you admit it, then you can simply stop
the silly charade.

AGAIN, WHY ARE YOU PORTRAYING ELEMENTS THAT ARE NOT EXPLICITLY STATED
IN THE BIBLICAL TEXT, now answer the question.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

Because they are distinct but not separate. Because co-inherance is true - One lives in the Other.

[b]"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

"WE ... will come to him and make an abode with him."

" ...[text shortened]... r come to make an abode with you ? The Triune God has come and made an abode with me.
"We" would be referring to more then two "individuals" not two in one. Where is the holy spirit here in "we" as it's not mentioned?
If they were the same being why is the word "we" is even used? Just say I or me.

Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

If the trinity were true why use this wording at all? To have this scripture according to the trinity make sense it should read:

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, I will love him and I will come to him and make my abode with him."

Plan and simple it would seem if the trinity were true. But that's not what Jesus said was it? He is speaking of his Father ALSO loving this person. If Jesus himself were God why add this statement about one of the other persons of the trinity?
And again will the holy spirit not love them also? Why is it left out here AGAIN as it is not mentioned in so many statements from Jesus when referring to his Father.
Apparently the holy spirit is not around much or isn't included in many things Jesus speaks about such as this scripture your quoting.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

because you are making it up, that is why, incarnation is not explicitly stated in the
text, you have made it up, that Christ is Almighty God is not stated in the text you
have made it up, that the trinity is not even mentioned in scripture, by ...[text shortened]... TRAYING ELEMENTS THAT ARE NOT EXPLICITLY STATED
There like evolutionist that are constantly making it up as they go. No truth at all but they sure think it's so.

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11
2 edits

The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Christian theology took the Neoplatonic
metaphysics [philosophy] of substance as well as its doctrine of hypostases
[essence, or nature] as the departure point for interpreting the relationship of the
‘Father’ to the ‘Son.’” Their problem was to make “God the Father,” “God the Son”
and “God the Holy Spirit” not three Gods but one.

For years, they quarreled over whether the persons of the Trinity were of similar
substance (Greek, homoiousia) or of the same substance (homoousia). This
controversy was settled in favor of homoousia at the Councils of Nicaea in 325 C.E.
and Constantinople in 381 C.E.

This is why they are continually attempting to portray something that is not explicitly
stated in the Biblical texts, because it has, as its basis, metaphysics!

The Britannica adds: “From the outset, the controversy between both parties [at
Nicaea] took place upon the common basis of the Neoplatonic concept of substance,
which was foreign to the New Testament itself. It is no wonder that the continuation
of the dispute on the basis of the metaphysics of substance likewise led to concepts
that have no foundation in the New Testament.
” Thus, the very concept of a God in
three persons of one substance is founded on theology or philosophy, but not on the
Scripture.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
They have been temporarily blinded to allow time for the fullness of the
gentiles to come into faith according to the Biblical texts.
I still haven't see any of your trinity dudes agree with you on this one yet....... Any takers out there to agree with RJH yet on this new revelation of his?

D

St. Peter's

Moves
28 Dec 11

have made it up, that the trinity is not even mentioned in scripture, by ...[text shortened]... TRAYING ELEMENTS THAT ARE NOT EXPLICITLY STATED
John 1:14 ..and the word became flesh

flesh is incarnation...game , set, match.

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Doward
John 1:14 ..and the word became flesh

flesh is incarnation...game , set, match.
well duh, it also states in v 18, that no one has seen God at any time, must be a real
embarrassment for you that many people saw Jesus, game set and match, id stick to
tennis if i were you, everyone knows the trinity is not a product of scripture but of
metaphysics, its getting you to honestly admit it that's the problem. here suck this up,

The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Christian theology took the Neoplatonic
metaphysics [philosophy] of substance as well as its doctrine of hypostases
[essence, or nature] as the departure point for interpreting the relationship of the
‘Father’ to the ‘Son.’” Their problem was to make “God the Father,” “God the Son”
and “God the Holy Spirit” not three Gods but one.

For years, they quarreled over whether the persons of the Trinity were of similar
substance (Greek, homoiousia) or of the same substance (homoousia). This
controversy was settled in favor of homoousia at the Councils of Nicaea in 325 C.E.
and Constantinople in 381 C.E.

The Britannica adds: “From the outset, the controversy between both parties [at
Nicaea] took place upon the common basis of the Neoplatonic concept of substance,
which was foreign to the New Testament itself. It is no wonder that the continuation
of the dispute on the basis of the metaphysics of substance likewise led to concepts
that have no foundation in the New Testament.” Thus, the very concept of a God in
three persons of one substance is founded on theology or philosophy, but not on the
Scripture.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
28 Dec 11

well duh, it also states in v 18, that no one has seen God at any time, must be a real
embarrassment for you that many people saw Jesus, game set and match, id stick to
tennis if i were you, everyone knows the trinity is not a product of scripture but of
metaphysics, its getting you to honestly admit it that's the problem. here suck this up, ...[text shortened]... three persons of one substance is founded on theology or philosophy, but not on the
Scripture.
trinity is a concept much like....wait for it...theocracy...Isn't the Watchtower a theocracy, why yes I believe it is...hee hee.

Dance monkey dance.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
trinity is a concept much like....wait for it...theocracy...Isn't the Watchtower a theocracy, why yes I believe it is...hee hee.

Dance monkey dance.
You must have missed this. I'll post it again. And by the way we didn't write this.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

Now you've learned something new today.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 11

metaphysics, its getting you to honestly admit it that's the problem. here suck this up, ...[text shortened]... three persons of one substance is founded on theology or philosophy, but not on the
Scripture.
Jesus also said, "If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father."
Game, set, & match, doofus. Hallelu Yah !!! 😏

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11

Are you people going to admit that your trinity is a product of metaphysics or are you
not?

rc

Moves
28 Dec 11
1 edit

he also gave no consideration to the idea that he was equal to god, ooops, how
embarrassing for you, now are you going to admit that your dogma is a product of
metaphysics, why indeed would the Encyclopaedia Britannica make it up, are they also
trinitarians?