1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 18:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Perhaps you let me know privately then, whether or not you think I "deserve to burn in hell" for refusing to accept the doctrine of eternal suffering?
    John 3:36 New American Standard Bible "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey
    [believe in] the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 18:32
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    John 3:36 New American Standard Bible "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey
    [believe in] the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." Do you believe in Jesus Christ?
    So you disagree with RJHinds but lack the courage to state it publicly and forthrightly?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 18:32
    How convenient for you.
    Differences of understanding of the promises, doctrines, rationales and applications of God's Word among believers in Christ are a family matter, not to be used for argumentation and One Upsmanship purposes in a public online spirituality forum.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 18:35
    So you disagree with RJHinds but lack the courage to state it publicly and forthrightly?
    "RJHinds" is not the issue. God will judge him and you and me at the Judgment Seat of Christ: 1Corinthians 3:11-13
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 18:43
    Differences of understanding of the promises, doctrines, rationales and applications of God's Word among believers in Christ are a family matter, not to be used for argumentation and One Upsmanship purposes in a public online spirituality forum.
    Why does you having a clear stance on RJHinds being either right or wrong on a theological matter equate with one upmanship in your mind? Are you perhaps wrong ~ and him right?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 18:48
    This is a debate forum, that you feel debate, argument and contending for the truth is something of an embarrassment for you is incongruent with the plethora threads you start which are generally little more than passive aggressive jabs at other posters, including myself. Your silly insistence at feigned restraint is unconvincing and a little offensive to be honest.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 20:132 edits
    This is a debate forum, that you feel debate, argument and contending for the truth is something of an embarrassment for you is incongruent with the plethora threads you start which are generally little more than passive aggressive jabs at other posters, including myself. Your silly insistence at feigned restraint is unconvincing and a little offensive to be honest.
    Prov 17:27 "He who restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool [calm] spirit is a man of understanding."
    Prov 10:19, "When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise."

divegeester, if your long term, incessant public fixation on the Lake of Fire is motivated by a family member or close friend who has died without professing belief in Christ, please consider the possibility that he or she may have made an earlier point in time decision to believe in Christ for their salvation without telling you. Also, realize that God's attributes of Justice and Righteousness [Divine Integrity] and Immutability provide an ironclad guarantee that He will keep all of His redemption and condemnation promises to mankind. He cannot deny Himself. If He could our own salvation would be in jeopardy.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 21:011 edit
    Prov 17:27 "He who restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool [calm] spirit is a man of understanding."
    Prov 10:19, "When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise."

divegeester, if your long term, incessant public fixation on the Lake of Fire is motivated by a family member or close fri ...[text shortened]... promises to mankind. He cannot deny Himself. If He could our own salvation would be in jeopardy.
    Do you agree with RJHinds assertion that I "deserve to burn in hell" for rejecting the doctrine of eternal suffering?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 01:17
    Do you agree with RJHinds assertion that I "deserve to burn in hell" for rejecting the doctrine of eternal suffering?
    I note that Grampy Bobby has tried to belittle your pursuit of a straight and honest answer from him as being an "incessant public fixation". 😉
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 07:291 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I note that Grampy Bobby has tried to belittle your pursuit of a straight and honest answer from him as being an "incessant public fixation". 😉
    Grampy Bobby has himself started threads about ones ultimate place in eternity etc. Supposing such a thing as eternity exists, and supposing we are all to end up there one way or another, then I would say the question of what that eternity consists of and why are the most fundamentally profound questions a human being can ask.

The position held by Grampy bobby and most of the other Christians here is that eternity looks like either eternal paradise with Jesus, or eternal burning in hell with Jesus watching. I don't accept this polarised perspective and in fact reject the eternal burning with Jesus watching as being so horrible it is ridiculous.

For rejecting this doctrine I am told by RJHinds that I DESERVE to and will burn in hell for eternity. DESERVE! I deserve to be burnt for eternity in a hell because I reject this horrible notion. What a wonderful Christian RJHinds is.

Not one Christian in this entire forum has stood up to contend this vicious nonsense. Not one single Christian who has read what RJHinds said about another Christian in a public forum has had the conviction to speak out and defend the veracity of the gospel and the nature of the Christian God.

I find it absolutely astonishing.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 07:55
    Not one Christian in this entire forum has stood up to contend this vicious nonsense. Not one single Christian who has read what RJHinds said about another Christian in a public forum has had the conviction to speak out and defend the veracity of the gospel and the nature of the Christian God.

I don't believe Christianity is well represented here.
    Sad that moderate Christians don't often participate (why is that?)
    but its true .. only a handful of you.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 11:17
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I don't believe Christianity is well represented here.
    Sad that moderate Christians don't often participate (why is that?)
    but its true .. only a handful of you.
    Indeed, no it isn't.

I wonder if this passionate adherence to the burning in hell doctrine is actually driven by a need for it. What I mean is that if there is not a horrible eternal end place for the ungodly, does that somehow diminish the place of the righteous - a sort of - the more worse off you are, the better off I am mindset.

Look at sonship's statement about those who mistreat him being in hell helps him forgive them; where would his forgiveness be if they were just not in existence anymore?

I find this "roasty toasty" (robbie carrobie term) causal and sometimes smug acceptance of torture beyond a holocaust scale quite nauseating.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 18:181 edit
    Grampy Bobby has himself started threads about ones ultimate place in eternity etc. Supposing such a thing as eternity exists, and supposing we are all to end up there one way or another, then I would say the question of what that eternity consists of and why are the most fundamentally profound questions a human being can ask.

The position held by G ...[text shortened]... eracity of the gospel and the nature of the Christian God.

"Supposing such a thing as eternity exists..." If it doesn't exist, why would you believe in Christ for your eternal salvation?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 19:001 edit
    "Supposing such a thing as eternity exists..." If it doesn't exist, why would you believe in Christ for your eternal salvation?
    I do believe it exists but recognise that some of those I'm conversing with may not. Hence my prefix "suppose".
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 19:31
    I do believe it exists but recognise that some of those I'm conversing with may not. Hence my prefix "suppose".
    So you don't believe that there is a devil called Satan or a hell for those that are evil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree