1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '14 15:272 edits
    RJHinds, you have infamously said to me (a fellow Christian) that "I deserve to burn for eternity in hell" - simply because I reject the doctrine of eternal suffering. This is a horrendous thing to say; a far worse hate crime than anything an Islamic extremist could do to me.

You explained your rational (if that is not an oxymoron) of this callous comment by claiming I had refused to accept the teaching of Christ on the doctrine of eternal suffering. In order words because I disagree with you.

I asked you in sonhouse's thread if another Christian poster "deserved to burn for eternity in hell" for rejecting what you claim is the biblical teaching of the 6,000 years of creation; you said no, but have refused to explain why.

Here is your opportunity to defend your position.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 14:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    RJHinds, you have infamously said to me (a fellow Christian) that "I deserve to burn for eternity in hell" - simply because I reject the doctrine of eternal suffering. This is a horrendous thing to say; a far worse hate crime than anything an Islamic extremist could do to me.

You explained your rational (if that is not an oxymoron) of this callous co ...[text shortened]... u said no, but have refused to explain why.

Here is your opportunity to defend your position.
    It is not a prerequisite. 😏

HaileluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 19:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is not a prerequisite.
    How can rejecting one truth in scripture be awarded with eternal burning in hell even if you are a Christian, and rejecting another truth not be punishable at all? Are you just making up your own rules of Jesus' behalf?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 21:47
    How can rejecting one truth in scripture be awarded with eternal burning in hell even if you are a Christian, and rejecting another truth not be punishable at all? Are you just making up your own rules of Jesus' behalf?
    It is my opinion.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 22:38
    It is my opinion.
    The bottom line is it is ok to cherry pick the bible, otherwise you would be also obeying the commands of the OT as well, awarding women 35 shekels while a man doing the same job gets 50. But that is your MO so what else is new.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '14 23:59
    It is my opinion.
    So, to be clear, you are claiming that I "deserve to burn in hell" because it's "you're opinion"?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 08:25
    Well, I guess that's as deep as it goes folks. I don't think I'll be too concerned about being "roasty toasty"** based on what RJHinds has to say.

**robbie carrobie adjective for burning in hell.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 09:01
    Well, I guess that's as deep as it goes folks. I don't think I'll be too concerned about being "roasty toasty"** based on what RJHinds has to say.

**robbie carrobie adjective for burning in hell.
    In matters pertaining to spirituality related questions neither you, nor anyone else should be "concerned" with anything said by anyone if it's not in alignment with what is actually taught in the Word of God [epignosis: doctrine built upon doctrine].
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 09:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    In matters pertaining to spirituality related questions neither you, nor anyone else should be "concerned" with anything said by anyone if it's not in alignment with what is actually taught in the Word of God [epignosis: doctrine built upon doctrine].
    So is RJHinds' interpretation and assertion wrong or right?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 09:171 edit
    Are you aware that virtually every difference of opinion between Christians in this forum is over interpretation of the word of God?

Edit: I too would appreciate your (direct and specific) answer to FMF's question please.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 16:16
    Are you aware that virtually every difference of opinion between Christians in this forum is over interpretation of the word of God?

Edit: I too would appreciate your (direct and specific) answer to FMF's question please.
    Matthew 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Christ is condemning hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others. I leave judgment in God's hands.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 16:27
    Matthew 7:2-5 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in ...[text shortened]... is condemning hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others. I leave judgment in God's hands.
    So, are you saying RJHinds interpretation is correct or not?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 16:352 edits
    So, are you saying RJHinds interpretation is correct or not?
    All significant differences of understanding I may have with other believers in Christ are resolved privately or kept to myself.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 17:50
    All significant differences of understanding I may have with other believers in Christ are resolved privately or kept to myself.
    How convenient for you.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Dec '14 17:52
    Perhaps you let me know privately then, whether or not you think I "deserve to burn in hell" for refusing to accept the doctrine of eternal suffering?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree