1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '14 20:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you don't believe that there is a devil called Satan or a hell for those that are evil.
    Wut?

How has me explaining that I believe in eternity, related to the devil and hell?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 02:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Indeed, no it isn't.

I wonder if this passionate adherence to the burning in hell doctrine is actually driven by a need for it. What I mean is that if there is not a horrible eternal end place for the ungodly, does that somehow diminish the place of the righteous - a sort of - the more worse off you are, the better off I am mindset.

Look ...[text shortened]... term) causal and sometimes smug acceptance of torture beyond a holocaust scale quite nauseating.
    Look at sonship's statement about those who mistreat him being in hell helps him forgive them; where would his forgiveness be if they were just not in existence anymore?

Quote me.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 02:41
    Originally posted by sonship
    Quote me.
    You're being ridiculous. You were hoisted by your own petard with your comments about how your Christian life was made easier by the 'knowledge' that those who you saw as your enemies would face torture for eternity, administered by your wrathful and vengeful God figure. Your subsequent damage limitation posts were just convoluted attempts to airbrush what you'd actually and clearly said. 🙂
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:031 edit
    Divegeester,

Look at sonship's statement about those who mistreat him being in hell helps him forgive them;

To "look at" the statement, the best way is to quote it.
    Go find it. Quote me.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:06
    Look at sonship's statement about those who mistreat him being in hell helps him forgive them;

Go find it. Quote me.
    I, for one, reposted it several times ~ uneditted, verbatim ~ and you wriggled and squirmed and generally Went Hairdryer. So, you know full well what you said.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:08
    Divegeester,

Go find it. Quote me.
    Are you saying that you never said it?

(that the fact those who mistreat you will end up in eternal hell helps you forgive them)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:13
    Are you saying that you never said it?

(that the fact those who mistreat you will end up in eternal hell helps you forgive them)
    quote me. Point out the words "end up in eternal hell". But if not simply quote to "look at" it.

I believe I wrote two different posts saying and clarifying against distortions of what I meant.

Go find it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:17
    I believe I wrote two different posts saying and clarifying against distortions of what I meant.
    You wriggled and you squirmed in your efforts to "restate" what you'd said so that it would then be different from what it was that you'd said.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:21
    quote me. Point out the words "end up in eternal hell". But if not simply quote to "look at" it.

Go find it.
    Before I do, are you saying you never said it?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:321 edit
    Before I do, are you saying you never said it?
    You said we should "look at" it.
    All you need to do is quote me so we can "look at" it.

Quote me so we can look at what I wrote.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:341 edit

Go find it.
    You wrote a number of posts wriggling out of what you said. Which in essence was, that your knowledge that those who mistreat you will end up internal hell - (which was the topic we were discussing) helps you forgive them. You can try to wriggle now by using quotation marks around "my actual words" here today - but the essence of what you were saying at that time was exactly that, even if the "words" are different. Let me know if you decide to deny it and I'll look it up.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:35
    You said we should [b]"look at" it.

Quote me so we can look at what I wrote.[/b]
    You know full well what you wrote. I'd venture to bet ~ seeing as it was such a heart-stoppingly ghastly thing to say, and you clearly knew it at the time ~ that you know exactly where it is and on what thread.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:36
    You said we should [b]"look at" it.

Quote me so we can look at what I wrote.[/b]
    Do you deny saying that your knowledge of where those who mistreat you will end up, helps you to forgive them? yes or no?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    You know full well what you wrote. I'd venture to bet ~ seeing as it was such a heart-stoppingly ghastly thing to say, and you clearly knew it at the time ~ that you know exactly where it is and on what thread.
    Good assertions. "You know full well, thus and such ..."

Are you afraid to put the quotation up?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:40
    Good assertions. "You know full well, thus and such ..."

Are you afraid to put the quotation up?
    Not at all. But i want you to deny it categorically before I do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree