1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:41
    Originally posted by sonship
    Are you afraid to put the quotation up?
    Not at all. I have it ready. I have posted it several times before, remember? It is one of the most disastrous bits of mean-spirited mumbo jumbo you've ever come out with. I am not the slightest bit "afraid" of posting it again. I am just interested in seeing how far down the road (of denying divegeester's characterization of what you meant) you are willing to go. It is, after all, you who is bluffing here, not him, and not me.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:42
    Good assertions. "You know full well, thus and such ..."
    Why have you put 'thus and such' in quotation marks? 😉
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:441 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Not at all. But i want you to deny it categorically before I do.
    You're spin on what I wrote I find a distortion of what I meant.
    And I did clarify that distortion before.

Now let's look at what sonship said by your quotation of what I wrote.
    What thread was that in ?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:46
    divegeester's characterization of what you wrote is spot on. In fact, your own words are probably more damning and grotesque than how he has put it.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:491 edit
    By the way Divegeester, on another thread I have to my recollection at least two other outstanding requests which you seem to want to ignore.

Did you ever give me, as I asked, your interpretation of Acts 20:28?

Did you ever explain why it is wrong for Christians to refer to the first day of the week as "the Lord's day"?

These, I think, were on the thread about Sin.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:50

Now let's [b]look at what sonship
    said by your quotation of what I wrote.
    What thread was that in ?[/b]
    No it is not a distortion. You were explaining how your knowledge of the awfulness of knowing the final outcome (eternal suffering in hell was the topic in hand) of those who mistreat you helps you forgive them.

I can find the thread and the post once you deny it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:52
    By the way Divegeester, on another thread I have to my recollection at least two other outstanding requests which you seem to want to ignore.

Did you ever give me, as I asked, your interpretation of [b]Acts 20:28
    ?

Did you ever explain why it is wrong for Christians to refer to the first day of the week as "the Lord's day"?

These, I think, were on the thread about Sin.[/b]
    I'm happy to address those questions. Please bump them in the threads they are in.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 03:54
    No it is not a distortion. You were explaining how your knowledge of the awfulness of knowing the final outcome (eternal suffering in hell was the topic in hand) of those who mistreat you helps you forgive them.

The simple point which I clarified was that God was the final Judge, is what empowered me to forgive.

God being the final Judge is NOT ONLY, NOT SOLELY condemning to eternal punishment the unreconciled.

Your spin which you want to hang on me is like this -

"I know you are going to hell, so I forgive you."

What I meant which you will not accept is -

"I know that God is the final judge of all moral behavior, including my own. Therefore I better forgive you in His name."

Now you can put the quote up.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:01
    Your spin which you want to hang on me is like this -

"I know you are going to hell, so I forgive you."
    What's with the quotation marks here? Why not just quote divegeester?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:04
    It seems he wants to deny something else. He's putting quotation marks around words and attributing them to you.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:05
    sonship is spinning giddily ~ and well he might.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:23

The simple point which I clarified was that God was the final Judge, is what empowered me to forgive.

God being the final ...[text shortened]... ng my own. Therefore I better forgive you in His name."

Now you can put the quote up.
    I'm not denying how you subsequently (and again now) tried to rationalise what you said; but you did say it as part of a long extrapolation of the doctrine of eternal suffering in hell. You explained that knowing their final destination through god's judgement helped you forgive those people who mistreated you.

If you deny saying this I will find the post so you can review it.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:353 edits
    You explained that knowing their final destination through god's judgement helped you forgive those people who mistreated you.

Everyone's final judgment is the consideration.

Now what's wrong with that ?
    Where's the immorality in being forgiving because you know "Vengeance is Mine, says the Lord, I will repay." (Rom. 12:19) ? If you want to consider it from the standpoint of perdition soley, what's the wrong that astounds you?

What's wrong with forgiving even empowered by the realization the any balancing of the scales, any vengence, is not mine? In fact it is not any of ours. God says He will repay.

You have not pointed out, even if I was restricting forgiveness to what the lost did to me, something wrong with that.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:41
    You explained that knowing their final destination through god's judgement helped you forgive those people who mistreated you.

Everyone's final judgment is the consideration.

Now what's wrong with that ?
    Where's the immorality in being forgiving because you know [b]"Vengence is Mine, says the Lord, I will repay."
    ? If you wan ...[text shortened]... was restricting forgiveness to what the lost did to me, something wrong with that.[/b]
    We did go over this several times at and around the time you posted it.

Yes I think there is "something wrong" with finding your ability to forgive fortified by the knowledge that the forgivee will be burning in eternal agony for all eternity. That you cannot see what is wrong with this mindset exposes the chasm between our perspectives.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 04:45
    What's wrong with forgiving even empowered by the realization the any balancing of the scales, any vengence, is not mine? In fact it is not any of ours. God says He will repay.
    Why do you feel there is a great benefit to your present day Christian walk from believing that those whom you see as your enemies and those you claim mistreat you will be tortured in burning agony for eternity?.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree