1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:112 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    who says the bible is wholly inspired by God? if it is, then who says god spoke the truth when he inspired it? after all, god seems to have placed a lot of "proofs" around the world to confuse man into thinking the earth is older than 6000 years like isotope decay and dinosaurs. why is he telling the truth in noah's story?

if it is not wholly inspired by watch cartoons. it will take another month or so until we attempt another evolution thread
    Perhaps your bias is too deeply entrenched in your mind for you to see objectively enough to sort through the lies.

The Bible is the most maligned book in the world, and the most misunderstood.

And no wonder!

Why do you think it unusual and out of character for God to destroy all living things with a flood?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How much time do you think passed before the flood from the day
    of creation?

It wasn't a lot, and in the text before the flood do you see any
    thing at all suggesting that God killed off the dinosaurs?
    Kelly
    it didn't say anything about there being dinosaurs. in fact anywhere in the bible it doesn't say about killing the dinosaurs.

what are we suppose to conclude from this? that a thing didn't happen if it doesn't say so in the bible? that somewhere there are raptors making kebab out of people? that T-rex only come out at night and become invisible when people try to photograph them?

bear in mind that when the first dinosaur bones were first discovered, people thought that god wouldn't wipe one of it's own creations so the huge reptilian skeletons must have belonged to living yet to be discovered animals. but then they stopped using the bible as a universal repository of knowledge and realized god might have forgot to mention the dinos or better still, he deemed it unnecessary to tell mankind something it will discover on it's own once they realized the bible is not an encyclopaedia.

tell me if it is a different point you are trying to make.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:161 edit
    it didn't say anything about there being dinosaurs. in fact anywhere in the bible it doesn't say about killing the dinosaurs.

what are we suppose to conclude from this? that a thing didn't happen if it doesn't say so in the bible? that somewhere there are raptors making kebab out of people? that T-rex only come out at night and become invisible when peo is not an encyclopaedia.

The Bible would have issues if it did on that point since the
    word dinosaur wasn't coined until just a little while back.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:18

what are we suppose to conclude from this? that a thing didn't happen if it doesn't say so in the bible? that somewhere there are raptors making kebab out of people? that T-rex only come out at night and become invisible when peo ...[text shortened]... is not an encyclopaedia.

Early on there were no meat eaters, every animal and human too ate
    plants! After the flood that changed, so during the flood, no big deal
    riding in the Ark with the animals.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:23
    Early on there were no meat eaters, every animal and human too ate
    plants! After the flood that changed, so during the flood, no big deal
    riding in the Ark with the animals.
    Kelly
    hey i only said the people who created the noah story were either ignorant or god was telling a fairy tale. i never said (if i did i apologize) that they were stupid.

all loose ends that an ancient man would have asked were taken care of.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:26
    The Bible would have issues if it did on that point since the
    word dinosaur wasn't coined until just a little while back.
    Kelly
    sure, though a massive t-rex could have shown on the egyptian temples or in some stories. the sumerians created gilgamesh, the indians ramayana, you would think they could make several stories where a person kills a T-rex or is eaten by one.

the closest thing to a dinosaur is the hercules story killing the hydra i think.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:50
    sure, though a massive t-rex could have shown on the egyptian temples or in some stories. the sumerians created gilgamesh, the indians ramayana, you would think they could make several stories where a person kills a T-rex or is eaten by one.

the closest thing to a dinosaur is the hercules story killing the hydra i think.
    The earth was not very old right before the flood, so the dino's that
    were large were more than likely those from the dawn of time. If you
    were Noah, would you have taken an older dino that could have sunk
    the ark with its size or a young one? If I'm not mistaken and I could
    be, I believe the largest dino egg ever found was the size of an
    American football, which meant the younger ones would have been
    small and Noah would not have needed to take a large one on board.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 16:53

There are stories of dragons world wide, the stories would not have
    included the name T-Rex or something along those lines, but some
    other name since T-Rex is also a new name as well. Difficult to say,
    and how many made it even after the flood too, don't know.
    Kelly
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 17:15
    All Your Threads Are Belong To Kelly.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 19:201 edit
    American foot ...[text shortened]... nes would have been
    Kelly
    Is the suggestion here that dinosaurs existed at the same time as primates? Really? No, really??

Monkeys are flying out of my butt as I type this. Really. Monkeys - plural.

No, really. With God all things are possible. It feels worse than the worse imaginable case of hemmeroids. Monkeys, real live monkeys. They're very small...ok, maybe they're lemurs, butt still.....
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 23:10
    Originally posted by josephw
    Perhaps your bias is too deeply entrenched in your mind for you to see objectively enough to sort through the lies.

The Bible is the most maligned book in the world, and the most misunderstood.

And no wonder!

Why do you think it unusual and out of character for God to destroy all living things with a flood?
    perhaps religion is so entrenched in your mind that you think any attempt at reason and independent thought is a sin, a blasphemy, an abomination against god. why did we receive a mind then? to let it to rot and not question the world around us? and it would not be any blasphemy anyway, how do we know that the bible is god's word?

how do you know that.

kind of pointless for god to destroy all mankind. why did he created in the first place if he knew that at a certain point he will destroy it. why did he save just noah? did he not find a single other good human being besides him? how about the children, they were without sin, why didn't he save the children as well? sure, god CAN do the flood. but if we find there is no evidence left about the flood except the bible and we know a lot of people contributed to the text, some might not have been inspired by god, and we know science contradicts the idea of a flood, then why assume it really happened?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 23:15
    American foot ...[text shortened]... nes would have been
    Kelly
    why take one at all? since god would wipe them anyway? since we never find a t-rex in any egyptian or sumerian drawing, then it is safe to assume they were wiped before somewhere after 6000 years and 5000 ago.

so god creates an entire ecosystem of animals just to have it destroyed during the course of roughly 1000 years. intelligent design? not so intelligent by my opinion. of course, you and the rest of the yecs are calling god a blundering idiot. i hold him to be quite smart comming up with the brilliant idea that is evolution.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '08 23:17
    There are stories of dragons world wide, the stories would not have
    included the name T-Rex or something along those lines, but some
    other name since T-Rex is also a new name as well. Difficult to say,
    and how many made it even after the flood too, don't know.
    Kelly
    sure, so by your argument, because of the stories of dragons, we are still to find skeletons of unicorns, and pegasi. and don't forget to say "i do believe in faeries" else tinkerbell's grandchildren will die.

do you listen to yourself, common.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Nov '08 18:14
    perhaps religion is so entrenched in your mind that you think any attempt at reason and independent thought is a sin, a blasphemy, an abomination against god. why did we receive a mind then? to let it to rot and not question the world around us? and it would not be any blasphemy anyway, how do we know that the bible is god's word?

how do you know that.
    ...[text shortened]... god, and we know science contradicts the idea of a flood, then why assume it really happened?
    "perhaps religion is so entrenched in your mind..."

On the contrary. I have no "religious" thoughts at all.

What I believe is "truth". That is, objective truth that has it's origin in the person of Jesus Christ.

"...how do we know that the bible is god's word?"

It begins with the realization of who Jesus is. Untill you know and believe that Jesus is the son of God, and that He died for your sins, and trust in the fact that He died for you personally, and then have the Holy Spirit in you, you won't know at all.
  15. Joined
    24 Mar '07
    Moves
    29 Nov '08 20:00
    sure, so by your argument, because of the stories of dragons, we are still to find skeletons of unicorns, and pegasi. and don't forget to say "i do believe in faeries" else tinkerbell's grandchildren will die.

do you listen to yourself, common.
    The whole thing sounded a little silly to me until I really started to search for myself. The more I searched the more I believed. This happens a lot with many PhD scientists. They are converted to a faith because of what they discover.

To relate to your quote. There are pictographs of dinosaurs in caves. To expand on Kelly's point of what happened to the dinosaurs after the flood. The fewer numbers would have made it more difficult to reproduce. It is already difficult for larger animals to reproduce as is. This is one of the reasons for Wholly Mammoths extinctions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree