A Covenant That Can't Be Broken.

A Covenant That Can't Be Broken.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Don't you realise that the trial is ALWAYS on, No1. Who is spitting Him in the face, who is whipping His Back, who is hammering the nails through his lims
If there is a real God, you and Darfius are mocking him by worshipping the murderous lunatic creation that is the Old Testament God.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
23 Feb 05

Don't you realise that the trial is ALWAYS on, No1. The execution is always happening ...... Who is spitting Him in the face ? Who is whipping His Back ? ....... Who is hammering the nails through his hands and feet ?

WE ARE, No1 ! You never understood anything from what the Gospel is trying to communicate. You just have a very big mouth, No1 !
Yeah, wasn't it Mel Gibson that nailed his hands?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by telerion
[b]Don't take Him for a fool. If you do you are mistaken and if you are persistent in this you'll be very sorry.

Isn't that really a non-credible threat? If I am mistaken I'm screwed for eternity anyway right? Will he just turn the oven up on me a little more for this particular transgression?

[/b]

Why are you asking me those rhetorical superfluous questions ? You know the answer, don't you ?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
If there is a real God, you and Darfius are mocking him by worshipping the murderous lunatic creation that is the Old Testament God.

Your knowledge of serious theology is as messed up, confused and troubled as is your knowledge of foreign politics. You should shut up your big mouth and learn how to listen, No1.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05

Your knowledge of serious theology is as messed up, confused and troubled as is your knowledge of foreign politics. You should shut up your big mouth and learn how to listen, No1.
If by "serious theology" you mean the laughable attempts by people like you and Darfius to condone the Old Testament God ordered mass killings then I guess I don't understand it. And I don't care to. You guys worship a monster, Ivanhoe.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
23 Feb 05

Why are you asking me those rhetorical superfluous questions ? You know the answer, don't you ?
Try this on for size then.

This is a non-credible threat. If I am mistaken, I'm screwed for eternity anyway. You're simply saying that I'm just a tad more eternally screwed. Not a big deal. Consider.

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." Rev. 3:15-16 NKJV

If you're gonna go, go all the way. I'll go dipped in liquid nitrogen.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 05

If by "serious theology" you mean the laughable attempts by people like you and Darfius to condone the Old Testament God ordered mass killings then I guess I don't understand it. And I don't care to. You guys worship a monster, Ivanhoe.

I NEVER had a discussion with you about the Old Testament, No1.

So, stop your ridiculous accusations and stop shoving people on one big heap for your own convenience.

.... go and read a good book.

The Apologist

Moves
23 Feb 05

This is a non-credible threat. If I am mistaken, I'm screwed for eternity anyway. You're simply saying that I'm just a tad more eternally screwed. Not a big deal. Consider.

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold no ...[text shortened]... ev. 3:15-16 NKJV

I'm not sure if this will mean anything to you, telerion, but I just heard what you quoted on TV a few seconds before reading it.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 05

"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold no ...[text shortened]... ev. 3:15-16 NKJV

See .... you know the answers. No need asking me.

The Apologist

Moves
23 Feb 05

You know, I rather hate being blunt, but since you won't consider the true excuse for the actions in the OT, let me lay this out for you:

If He made you, He has the right to destroy you.

Can you argue against that? You love to argue about us not knowing who He really is. If I didn't know the true God, that statement would still make sense to me. If you can make something, it's your right to destroy it when you wish. Does that make you evil? People don't call me evil when I ball up my first draft and start on my next.

Keep in mind, that's not the real excuse for what happened, but it should suffice for those who aren't willing to listen.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Darfius
You know, I rather hate being blunt, but since you won't consider the true excuse for the actions in the OT, let me lay this out for you:

Can you argue against that? You love to argue ...[text shortened]... ed, but it should suffice for those who aren't willing to listen.
Human beings aren't first drafts of whatever rubbish you're writing; they're flesh and blood who think and feel. You are a mindless, heartless robot to condone mass murder and you still support it against people NOW. I thank AThousandYoung for that Biblical passage as every time I hear a parrot like you droning on about the love and mercy of the Old Testament God I will always think about the horror and suffering those innocent Midianite girls had to go through to satisfy the blood lust of your God. Go worship your monster, Darfius; but before you do answer the question I put to you: would you kill an infant male child if your God commanded you to?

The Apologist

Moves
23 Feb 05

Human beings aren't first drafts of whatever rubbish you're writing; they're flesh and blood who think and feel. You are a mindless, heartless robot to condone mass murder and you still support it against people NOW. I thank AThousandYoung for that Biblical passage as every time I hear a parrot like you droning on about the love and mercy of t ...[text shortened]... wer the question I put to you: would you kill an infant male child if your God commanded you to?
I'm done with you, no1. I will ignore all of your posts from now on. I will continue to pray for you, but interaction with you proves impossible, because you have selective hearing. You are stubbornly denying God for obviously emotional issues and that's between you and Him.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Feb 05

I'm done with you, no1. I will ignore all of your posts from now on. I will continue to pray for you, but interaction with you proves impossible, because you have selective hearing. You are stubbornly denying God for obviously emotional issues and that's between you and Him.
Would you kill an infant male child if your God commanded you to, Darfius?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
23 Feb 05

Can you argue against that? You love to argue about us not knowing who He really is. If I didn't know the true God, that statement would still make sense to me. I ...[text shortened]... he real excuse for what happened, but it should suffice for those who aren't willing to listen.

Is this a universal truth? I mean is it the case that the creator of something has the right to destroy its creation?

If so, then it should be true whether or not your god exists. Assume for a moment that you are wrong; you believe in a being that is not real. The above quote would be an excellent case for abortion. It would extend even further to cover the execution of your child at any point. No1's question then is even more valid in light of your statement.

Now if it is not a universal truth and your God does exist, then your statement does not justify your god's actions. It simply means that your god can do what he wants because it is in his power. If your god is all powerful then everything is right for him, in which case your statement boils down to he can do what he wants. Notice however that this allows us to judge God's behavior.

The Apologist

Moves
23 Feb 05

[b]If He made you, He has the right to destroy you.

Is this a universal truth? I mean is it the case that the creator of something has the right to destroy its creation?

If so, then it should be true whether or not your god exists. Assume for a moment that you are wrong; you believe in a being that is not real. The above quote would be an excel ...[text shortened]... wn to he can do what he wants. Notice however that this allows us to judge God's behavior. [/b]
Atheists love to point out His justice as cruelty. He is infinite love, yes. He is infinite wisdom, yes. BUT HE IS ALSO INFINITE JUSTICE.

I guarantee you, any people that God took judgement on, they deserved it and probably more. Keep in mind, they were almost always trying to kill the Jews.