1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 02:26
    Darfius: "It's because their (referring to the Jewish people. IvanH) perpetual existence through persecution is a testament to the Living God who made a promise to them long ago."

IvanH: I don't always agree with you Darfius, but this is one I agree with.

The existence of the Jewish people is a reference to, or almost a proof for, the fact that God exists. That's why so many anti-religious lunatics, many times disguised as devout believers, tried to destroy the Jewish people in the past . These dangerous fanatics have always failed in the past, are failing now and they will always fail in the future.

God made a Covenant with the Jewish people that cannot be broken, not by trying to kill and destroy one party or trying to deny, kill or crucify the other Party.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 02:41
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Darfius: "It's because their (referring to the Jewish people. IvanH) perpetual existence through persecution is a testament to the Living God who made a promise to them long ago."

IvanH: I don't always agree with you Darfius, but this is one I agree with.

The existence of the Jewish people is a reference to, or almost a proof for, the fact that G ...[text shortened]... not by trying to kill and destroy one party or trying to deny, kill or crucify the other Party.
    And everybody else is a mere Midianite is his eye, right Ivanhoe?
  3. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 02:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How would you know? Did you get your decoder ring before me? If so, how do I get mine overnighted? I'll pay the extra costs. 😉
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:00
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    How would you know? Did you get your decoder ring before me? If so, how do I get mine overnighted? I'll pay the extra costs. 😉
    I don't but since Ivanhoe "knows" about this covenant thingy I figured he could straighten out the role of the rest of humanity for me. So, are we all Midianites in His mighty Eye except his Chosen People?
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:04
    I don't but since Ivanhoe "knows" about this covenant thingy I figured he could straighten out the role of the rest of humanity for me. So, are we all Midianites in His mighty Eye except his Chosen People?
    Please show me where God commanded or the Jews said they would rape them, no1.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:12
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Please show me where God commanded or the Jews said they would rape them, no1.
    That's addressed in my last post in the "Sickening Bible Stories" thread. Go there if you want to discuss it. BTW, you never answered my question: Would you kill an infant child if your God commanded you to, Darfius?
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:14

The Medianites have vanished from the face of the earth, haven't they ? In these days Christians usually emphasise God's loving and forgiving side, and rightfully so, but don't let anyone fool you into believing that He has lost his other side that will punish those who persist in mocking Him and taking Him for a fool.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:191 edit

The Medianites have vanished from the face of the earth, haven't they ? In these days Christians usually emphasise God's loving and forgiving side, and rightfully so, but don't let anyone fool you into believing that He has lost his o ...[text shortened]... punish those who persist in mocking Him and taking Him for a fool.
    I think you and the Darfiuses of the world have a habit of confusing yourselves with God and equating the mocking of you with the mocking of God. I think they used to call that blasphemy; I prefer the term hubris, however.
  9. Not Kansas
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:24

The Medianites have vanished from the face of the earth, haven't they ? In these days Christians usually emphasise God's loving and forgiving side, and rightfully so, but don't let anyone fool you into believing that He has lost his other side that will punish those who persist in mocking Him and taking Him for a fool.
    More veiled threats.
    "Question everything" -some Buddist
    Give me *that* old-time religion, if it's good enough for Budda, it's good enough for me.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:27
    I think you and the Darfiuses of the world have a habit of confusing yourselves with God and equating the mocking of you with the mocking of God. I think they used to call that blasphemy; I prefer the term hubris, however.

Again you get things all mixed up, No1. You are indeed confused. I'm talking about your stance towards Him not your stance towards me.

Don't you remember what names you called God in these forums, what you attributed to Him, your accusations ? I wonder when the trial will be ?

11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:34
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    More veiled threats.
    "Question everything" -some Buddist
    Give me *that* old-time religion, if it's good enough for Budda, it's good enough for me.

A veiled threat ? It is a clear and not to be overlooked warning that is constantly repeated in the Bible. Don't take Him for a fool. If you do you are mistaken and if you are persistent in this you'll be very sorry. These Biblical words are directed at everybody ....... also to me. One has to make a choice.

12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:35

Again you get things all mixed up, No1. You are indeed confused. I'm talking about your stance towards Him not your stance towards me.

Don't you remember what names you called God in these forums, what you attributed to Him, your accusations ? I wonder when the trial will be ?

Never. There is no God like the one in the Old Testament; that was the product of the imagination of a group of semi-savages with buckets of blood on their hands who wanted to justify their crimes because "God told me to do it". Those type of people are unfortunately still with us, including you.

Whether there is some other God, I don't have enough information to say.
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:393 edits
    Never. There is no God like the one in the Old Testament; that was the product of the imagination of a group of semi-savages with buckets of blood on their hands who wanted to justify their crimes because "God told me to do it" ...[text shortened]... there is some other God, I don't have enough information to say.
    Don't you realise that the trial is ALWAYS on, No1. The execution is always happening ...... Who is spitting Him in the face ? Who is whipping His Back ? ....... Who is hammering the nails through His hands and feet ?

WE ARE, No1 ! You never understood anything from what the Gospel is trying to communicate. You just have a very big mouth, No1 !
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:42

A veiled threat ? It is a clear and not to be overlooked warning that is constantly repeated in the Bible. Don't take Him for a fool. If you do you are mistaken and if you are persistent in this you'll be very sorry. These Biblical words are directed at everybody ....... also to me. One has to make a choice.

Nonsense. We don't need to live our lives or think the way any selected writings of any ancient peoples demands.
    You may do so, that's your choice.
    Times change, we don't have stocks and pillories anymore and we don't crucify thieves.
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Feb '05 03:43
    Don't take Him for a fool. If you do you are mistaken and if you are persistent in this you'll be very sorry.

Isn't that really a non-credible threat? If I am mistaken I'm screwed for eternity anyway right? Will he just turn the oven up on me a little more for this particular transgression?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree