A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
What do you think about Hendrix saying "I DON'T LIVE TODAY?"
I am not a fan of Hendrix. And I don't know the song. I don't see how what a dead pop star sang has any bearing on my two assertions: I am not "lacking life". And I "feel alive today".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
1 edit

@FMF

I am not "lacking life" and I "feel alive today".

I would say that you don't want to know God.
The best thing to do in that regard is to say you have no need for God.
The best way to say that is to believe there is no God.

This is a conscience matter.
This is a matter of not wanting any such '"kingdom" as an administration
over you.

I think in your case the word 'kingdom of God" raises red flags for you.
Ie "Any kingdom of any God is NOT what I am interested in. I have my kingdom of myself."

I think your suspicion that any "kingdom of God" cannot possibly have your interests in mind causes you to be cynical about being reborn, born anew.

"My first birth is all I need thank you."

Nevertheless, your deadened human spirit renders you not fully human in all dimensions that your Creator intended.

So when Jesus told Nicodemus that unless a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God, your ill-advozed reaction may be relief, like " Oh, well I didn't want to see or enter any kingdom of God ANYWAY. "

To reinforce that need that no administrstion of God is for you, rationalizing that rebirth is some kind of nonsense is advantageous to you. Given that you don't want a kingdom of God, why should you be interested in being born again to see it or to enter into it?

That is your perogative to not seek to be born of the Spirit in your spirit.
But it is not a good decision imo.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
I would say that you don't want to know God.
The best thing to do in that regard is to say you have no need for God.
The best way to say that is to believe there is no God.

This is a conscience matter.
This is a matter of not wanting any such '"kingdom" as an administration
over you.

I think in your case the word 'kingdom of God" raises red ...[text shortened]... ative to not seek to be born of the Spirit in your spirit.
But it is not a good decision imo.
The most accurate thing to say would be that I am an agnostic atheist and I find the God figure that you describe not credible. The "best thing" to say is almost invariably the most accurate thing to say.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
This is a conscience matter. This is a matter of not wanting any such "kingdom" as an administration over you.
In all good conscience, I cannot pretend to believe any of the things you say about a "kingdom" having "administration over" humans.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
Nevertheless, your deadened human spirit renders you not fully human in all dimensions that your Creator intended.
I am "not fully human". Got it. I'll write that one down.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
3 edits

@FMF

I am not a fan of Hendrix. And I don't know the song. I don't see how what a dead pop star sang has any bearing on my two assertions: I am not "lacking life". And I "feel alive today".

Okay, you don''t have to be his fan.

And people who lived BEFORE have important things to say.
Where do you get off thinking like - "He's dead and has nothing relevant to say?"

You cannot dismiss everything spoken before by people who NOW are not on the scene, has nothing to do with you. That is too proud.

If I give you another example, you can say "I don't like that person EITHER."

People you were not a fan of can have something to speak relevant to life today.
This is selective cyncicism.
Things you like, you don't care that the speaker is long dead.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
And people who lived BEFORE have important things to say.
Where do you get off thinking - "He's dead and has nothing relevant to say?"
Copy-paste the lyrics to the song here if you want.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22

@FMF Copy and paste it? Good idea.

copied without permission from https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jimihendrix/idontlivetoday.html
---------------------------------
The Jimi Hendrix Experience Lyrics
"I Don't Live Today"

Will I live tomorrow?
Well I just can't say
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say

But I know for sure
I Don't Live Today

No sun coming through my windows
Feel like I'm sitting at the bottom of a grave

I wish you'd hurry up 'n' rescue me
So I can be on my mis'rable way

I Don't Live Today
It's such a shame to waste you time away like this

Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say

But I know for sure
I Don't Live Today

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
Jimi Hendrix wrote a song called "I Don't Live Today" . Paraphrasing it, the lyrics said this in essence. And this is not verbatim but general recollection.

"Will I live tomorrow. I just don't know. All I know is that I don;t live today. I feel like I'm living at the bottom of a grave."
Is this it?

"Will I live tomorrow. I just don't know. All I know is that I don;t live today. I feel like I'm living at the bottom of a grave."

This does not resonate with me at all.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
The Jimi Hendrix Experience Lyrics
"I Don't Live Today"

Will I live tomorrow?
Well I just can't say
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say

But I know for sure
I Don't Live Today

I wi ...[text shortened]... can't say
Will I live tomorrow?
Well, I just can't say

But I know for sure
I Don't Live Today
Nope. This is pretty meaningless navel-gazing to me.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

On the sonship-wields-Hendrix front, it's a swing and a miss.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
3 edits

@FMF

How about you copy and paste in the happiest lyrics you have written from one of your songs?

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
How about you copy and paste in the happiest lyrics you have written from one of your songs?
No thanks. And asking me to do that does not have any bearing whatsoever on the fact that the lyrics to the Hendrix song do not resonate with me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
2 edits

Folks FMF is a satisfied man.
This he puts forth as evidence Christ didn'ty know what HE was talking about when He said to the world.

"Do not marvel that I said to you, You ,must be born again." (JOhn 3:7)

FMF assures everyone that that is not necessary because, hey, he's quite fine as he is (an agnostic atheist for whom "sin" doesn't exist, leaning sometimes toward deism?) , Thankyou.

You can lean toward listening to Jesus Christ or you can place your trust in FMF.
You decide. I made my decision awhile ago.

YOU decide who is more likely to have more wisdom about the human situation before God.

Anyone thinking "I don't need God. I don't need any kingdom of God, I don't need any new birth. And I don't need to worry about perishing. " you go follow FMF's lead.

Go ahead.
But my advice is that you are better off listening to Jesus.

" Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Your best bet is to listen to the Son of God.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
FMF assures everyone that that is not necessary because, hey, he's quite fine as he is (an agnostic atheist leaning spmetimes toward deism?) , Thankyou.
Me sharing my perspectives here does not involve me "assuring everyone" about anything, and I have never made any such claim.