A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22

@FMF

No thanks. And asking me to do that does not have any bearing whatsoever on the fact that the lyrics to the Hendrix song do not resonate with me.

Maybe you have none that would represent anything sunnier.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
Anyone thinking "I don't need God. I don't need any kingdom of God, I don't need any new birth. And I don't need to worry about perishing. " you go follow FMF's lead.
No one is being asked to "follow [my] lead". You're rolling made-up stuff into little balls and flicking them at me.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
Maybe you have none that would represent anything sunnier.
You are trying too hard sonship. The Hendrix song did not resonate. As a debating point, his lyrics are a dud. Try them on someone else.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
2 edits

@FMF

The quality of the poetry was not the issue.

You're saying nothing there speaks to you?
I doubt a little bit.

But whether it does or not, living without fellowship with God is an incomplete human life.

You don't want to believe this. I understand that.
But you didn't design yourself or make yourself.
And it may not seem fair but that is the way it is.

If you're too busy for God, you're too busy.

And if you think offenses against the law of God, sins, iniquities are nothing to be concerned about or God's kingdom, you're setting yourtself up for a rude and disappointing awakening.

That is not threat. That is realism at its best.
You may try to use your little broom to sweep Christ neatly into the corner, under
the rug, away from you.

You're going to be like everybody else who has sinned, like MIck Jagger - "Gimmie Shelter!"

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
You're saying nothing there speaks to you?
In the Hendrix song? No. Not at all. It's a swing and a miss for you, sonship.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
But whether it does or not, living without fellowship with God is an incomplete human life. You don't want to believe this. I understand that.
I don't see myself as living "an incomplete human life".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22

@FMF
Like, I would expect you to say I hit on something?

A totally predictable and anticipated response.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
And if you think offenses against the law of God, sins, iniquities are nothing to be concerned about or God's kingdom, you're setting yourtself up for a rude and disappointing awakening.
How many people have you coerced anyone into believing in Jesus by using threats/warnings about divine punishment?

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
Like, I would expect you to say I hit on something?
You're still wishing that quoting the Hendrix song had been a good idea?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
3 edits

For others.

The human spirit is also the seat of the human conscience.
And the conscience is the place where repentatance starts and takes place.

For this reason I am reluctant to absolutely say nothing of the human spirit is functioning. The conscience may be the ONLY part of the human spirit that can sense something.

If one has no conscience about one's sins when reading the Bible that is not a good sign. It is a indication of spiritual darkness. And God does not want anyone to be either with real guilt or in darkness.

God is not interested in man groveling and feeling guilty.
God is interested in a man being justified, forgiven, and looked upon by Him as if he had never sinned. "There sins and their iniquities I will by no mean remember anymore."

Some skeptical people think Jesus and the Bible wants them to feel bad in the conscience. No, not for just feeling inferior or bad. He wants you to repent that He and you can have fellowship.
No, Jesus wants you to believe.

God is not interested in your groveling, or feeling bad about your past.
God is interested in you BELIEVING that Christ sacrificed Himself to take away the sins of the world and justify you PAYING your debt for you.

I say again - God doesn't want people to feel bad for feeling bad's sake.
IF you feel bad the blood of Christ cleanses you from every and all sin.

He is interested in you believing in Him and Him who He sent, the Son, Jesus Christ.

(This may be your thread FMF, But now I am not addressing you.)

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
This may be your thread FMF, But now I am not addressing you.
I thought your line: "The human spirit is the seat of the human conscience" was alright. One could also say: The human conscience is the seat of the human spirit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
1 edit

Folks,

In the bible the human spirit is of three functions.

Intuition
Consience
Fellowship.

Intuition here means a kind of situtation where You know that you know that you know. It is knowledge of the truth which is impossible to deny.

Conscience here means a sense that there is something right or something wrong with one.

Fellowship here means intimate commuion with God. He is not just "Oh, He exists". it is more than an objective agreement or assent. Fellowship is a loving personal, intimate, affair of companionship.

The human spirit is the seat of these three functions.

Okay look at it this way. Man is of "spirit and soul and body"
Each part is for the substantiating of a certain reality.

The body substantiates and senses the physical world.

The soul sunbstantiates the existence of other minds, the real of the psychological.

The spirit of man is for the sunstantiating of God in the spiritual realm.

Three realms of reality need three sunstantiating "organs".

The human spirit of the descendents of Adam is dead in trespasses and sins.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
3 edits

"And you, though DEAD in your offenses and sins, in which you once walked according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, of the spirit that is now operating in the sons of disobedience; Among whom we also all conducted ourselve opnce in the lists of our flesh, doing the desires of the flesh and of the thoughts and were by nature the children of wrath, as the rest." (Eph. 2:1,2)

PHYSICALLY man was not dead.
Psychologically man neither was dead.
Then WHAT was dead?
The human spirit was dead, comatose, rendered non-functioning.

"And you, though DEAD in your offenses and sins."

Then because the audience here was born again, Paul says God made them ALIVE.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were DEAD in offenses, made us alive togbether with Christ (by grace you have been saved.) (v.4,5)

Born again is not something we can do of ourselves.
We can look to the willing and eager God to become our Father and beget us in the forgiveness of offenses and the being born again with Christ.

The unbelievers were dead. The unbelievers receiving God's mercy who is rich became alive in their innermost spiritual being. They are made alive through the resurrected and living Son of God.

"Yet a little while and the world beholds Me no longer, but you behold Me; because I live you also shall live." (John 14:19)

This means His resurrection is the KEY to our receiving the new birth.
We are made alive with Him.

We are regenerated through the resurrection of Jesus Chrisr from the dead.
So you must believe that the Lord Jesus was raised from the dead.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Chrisrt, who according to Huis great mercy has regenerated us into a living hope through the resurrection of JEsus Christ from the dead." (1 Pet. 1:3)

Did you get that?
REGENERATED (born again, born anew, born of the Spirit) "through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
Intuition here means a kind of situtation where You know that you know that you know. It is knowledge of the truth which is impossible to deny.
"Knowledge of the truth"?

A feeling or aspiration about the truth, maybe.

But the idea that intuition necessarily generates "knowledge" of the truth sounds very mistaken, sonship.

It most certainly is not "impossible to deny" countless "truths" that people claim their intuition has made them "know".

F

Moves
19 Feb 22