A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

A "dead human spirit":

What is it exactly?

How can one recognize one?

Is subscribing to one of the religions the antidote?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
A "dead human spirit":

What is it exactly?

Thats just sonship hitting out at everybody. the mans doctrine is not going down well with Christians and atheists alike.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
A "dead human spirit":

What is it exactly?

These are interesting and legitimate questions - except the last one. Your mention of an antidote suggests there is an illness. All I can contribute to that is a quote from Tony Soprano: "There's no cure for life"

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@mchill said
These are interesting and legitimate questions - except the last one. Your mention of an antidote suggests there is an illness.
Illness. Dead. Cure. Antidote. It's just figurative language.

Does subscribing to one of the religions address the problem of a "dead human spirit", to your way of thinking?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
Illness. Dead. Cure. Antidote. It's just figurative language.

Does subscribing to one of the religions address the problem of a "dead human spirit", to your way of thinking?

I don't look upon the spirit of a dead person as a "problem" As to your question of subscribing to one of the religions, I think I've made my feelings on that rather clear.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@mchill said
As to your question of subscribing to one of the religions, I think I've made my feelings on that rather clear.
What were the feelings [that you made clear]?

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@mchill said
I don't look upon the spirit of a dead person as a "problem".
Do you not understand what the OP means?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
What were the feelings [that you made clear]?
Please go back and read my post entitled Setting Yourself Up. Perhaps that will refresh your memory.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
Do you not understand what the OP means?
I understand exactly what the OP means but get a different message from it than you.

Any other questions?

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@mchill said
I understand exactly what the OP means but get a different message from it than you.

Any other questions?
So you think the OP is about dead people?

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@mchill said
Please go back and read my post entitled Setting Yourself Up. Perhaps that will refresh your memory.
Nope. There's no answer [to the question on this thread] there.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
So you think the OP is about dead people?
No, I think the OP is about the spirit(s) of dead people.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
A "dead human spirit":

What is it exactly?
Well, in the context in which it was brandished recently, it's just an attempt to insult triggered by disagreement.

But, as for a definition of "human spirit", I'd go with it being the mental functions of awareness and insight, as well as understanding, judgement and other reasoning powers.

More broadly, when talking about all of us [we humans], I'd say the "human spirit" is the energy and capacities [for abstraction] that animate and inform the human experience.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
As for the accusation of having a "dead human spirit" levelled recently on the "In Christ is not metaphorical" thread, I think it translates to 'You are not a Christian!', in which case, seen in this narrow way, I think - for the accuser anyway - subscribing to Christianity would be the antidote.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
As for the accusation of having a "dead human spirit" levelled recently on the "In Christ is not metaphorical" thread, I think it translates to 'You are not a Christian!', in which case, seen in this narrow way, I think - for the accuser anyway - subscribing to Christianity would be the antidote.
If you cut a branch off of a tree, there is life in the branch at first, but its death is sure. We apart of God are cut off the branch of life which is God our death is sure. Jesus Christ grafted us back into God by the grace of God through faith.