1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 15:14
    Originally posted by @fmf
    So are Jews followers of "Satan"?
    Actually, many are. This is why Israel was destroyed. But God always has his remnant.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 15:28
    It's a question for Christians. 🙂
    Let's stir it up then😵
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 15:30
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So would you agree that from the Christian perspective a person is either a follower of God or a follower of Satan?
    No😵
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 16:00
    So would you agree that from the Christian perspective a person is either a follower of God or a follower of Satan?
    Why would you believe a child of Satan would know what it means to be a Child of God and if there would be a difference?

You are asking a blind person to be a guide. Foolish.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 16:362 edits
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Whatever one knows or ignores about Jesus, is depended on the sharpness of his evaluation alone. It is my knowledge that there are multiple levels of sensemaking as regards the Abrahamic religions and surely in the context of the Christian tradition too.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But sometimes help is needed. And help may or may not be available.
    For example, Apollos heard something of the gospel. He was quite capable mentally. And what he knew he could forcefully argue.

But his understanding was deficient. And Priscilla and Aquila had to take him aside and explain to him the gospel of Christ more accurately. (Interestingly the wife, the sister's name was placed first and her husband's second here).

"And this man [Apollos] began to speak boldly in the synagogue. And when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him to themselves and expounded the way of God to him more accurately." (Acts 18:26)

In this case the apostolic team of Priscilla and Aquila were available to help him understand the gospel more accurately. I think there were and are cases when available help is not around.

In order to accept or to discard anything (religious dogmas, theories of reality and everything else), methinks one has to conduct exhausting evaluation by means of deep study, concrete analysis and deep meditation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is often important to walk in obedience to the light that God has shown you.
    If God notices that you walk in what He has revealed He will know that He is not wasting His light, and will often grant you more illumination.

Today, the Holy Spirit says perhaps -

"Well you know that you have a sinful practice and should confess to God your sins."

The Holy Spirit is at this level just trying to get you to agree with God and confess you are in fornication / or stealing / or grudge keeping in unforgiveness / or something else your conscience bothers you about.

Some may respond, though they their understanding of the Bible is limited, they know enough to confess and ask for forgiveness. God does that and most likely grants them even more insight, more illumination to walk in.

What they HAD results in receiving more.
    But if they rationalize that they will NOT confess their sin because, after all, there is SO much about the Abrahamic faiths that they simply do not know yet without further study, maybe they will not receive any more illumination.

"Since you would not walk in the light that was given you, I will withhold from you further insight."

For this reason it is good to go to God and ask God if you are walking in the limited light which your conscience and spiritual wisdom HAS received. And if not confess this too and ask for His mercy.

You cannot trust that God will allow you to be heaped up with more and more knowledge just to satisfy your curiosity, if you will not walk in the baby steps that He requests you to walk in with some light He has granted you already.

The way of righteousness, the Scripture says, is like the increase of the rising sun shining.

" ... the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until the full day." (Proverbs 4:18)

As regards your own tradition sonship, this I know: once one knows he is balanced on faith, which is a must because it is the stepping stone that will enable him to make the first step in his chosen spiritual journey in the realm of his personal Special Knowledge, one starts to cultivate one's mind according to one's depth and he builds accordingly. You are there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe a comment latter.
    The last word here is yours.
  6. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 18:49
    You could be a follower of AC/DC.
    Are you, were you a follower of the Aussie lads?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 19:07
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 20:43
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b] Whatever one knows or ignores about Jesus, is depended on the sharpness of his evaluation alone. It is my knowledge that there are multiple levels of sensemaking as regards the Abrahamic religions and surely in the context of the Christian tradition too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...[text shortened]... -----------------------------------------
    Maybe a comment latter.
    The last word here is yours.[/b]
    Yes, sometimes help is needed. Yes, sometimes is available and sometimes not.

Yet, even when help is not available, one has to conduct once more pure confidence on one's belief and start again all over. Extreme ownership should be conducted regardless of the causes and the conditions that block one's way to the Bridge. If the Faith is strong, it boils down to one's sharpness and volition to conduct extreme ownership. If the Knowledge is strong, Faith drives one deeper and deeper. A single one step forward through Faith, then a single one step through Knowledge towards the Bridge. It is exhausting, one falls down easily and can hardly continue, so one has to become like a Daruma Doll, to cope with the pain and to stand strong repeatedly. There is no other way to the Bridge. It is my knowledge there is no other perspective than this for the Christian. To argue that a Christian has the choice to follow either Jesus or Satan, is not a Christian perspective. As I see it, a Christian's sole perspective is just to cross the Bridge. Preaching and all the help available, will just not do. To do one's chores, will do. Of course, last word is yours.
    😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 20:47
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Why would you believe a child of Satan would know what it means to be a Child of God and if there would be a difference?

You are asking a blind person to be a guide. Foolish.
    This child of Satan, as you call this atheist, stands here waiting for you to expand. Kindly please feel free to educate me as regards the way you conceive the perspection of your religion😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 20:49
    Originally posted by @velns
    Are you, were you a follower of the Aussie lads?
    From times to times I still am, particularly when I 'm thunderstruck😵
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 20:51
    [youtube Love At First Feel]DvPIWyJVsmA[/youtube]
    [youtube You Ain't Got a Hold on Me]bQVfw3yIU6k[/youtube]
    [youtube Up To My Neck In You]P_TBnDGKKnI[/youtube]
    [youtube Bad Boy Boogie]bKt5yZGjDbM[/youtube]
    [youtube Walk All Over You]mWNw2W_Mnxw[/youtube]
    Thank you so much FMF😵
  12. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    17 Oct '17 21:07
    From times to times I still am, particularly when I 'm thunderstruck😵
    Well Hells Bells!
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 08:47
    Originally posted by @velns
    Well Hells Bells!
    Strong beat indeed, but some of our Christian friends may come up with a complicated projection of their own mind and then raise fire and brimstone😵
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 10:05
    According to the Christian faith, if you are not a follower of Jesus, are you a follower of Satan? Or is there another option?
    What do you make of this verse?

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

Was Peter a follower of Satan?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 10:27
    This child of Satan, as you call this atheist, stands here waiting for you to expand. Kindly please feel free to educate me as regards the way you conceive the perspection of your religion😵
    1 John

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree