1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 11:40
    Originally posted by @eladar
    1 John

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is ...[text shortened]... d does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
    I have the impression John 7 does not say that the person who practices righteousness according to G-d's law is as righteous as G-d. The righteousness of G-d is unconceivable.
    John uses a metaphor in order to describe what is the exact nature of righteousness a person has to conduct in order to become a Christian.

It seems to me John 8 does not say "He who sins is of the devil, for the devil was sinned from the beginning" because he believes that Satan is really the Father of man. John knows that the Father of Man is under any circumstances G-d and only G-d.
    I believe John uses a metaphor in order to demonstrate that whoever does not practice righteousness is acting like the devil, who sinned in the beginning and for this specific reason fell like lightning from heaven. The sin nature of the man is initiated by the Snake. For this specific purpose the Son of G-d was manifested: that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Methinks John 9 states that whoever lives as demonstrated at John 7, and thus accepts G-d's righteousness through Jesus, is so radically transformed that he is really born again. How a person could ever be born again literally?
    John uses a metaphor in order to point out the shifting of one's nature from the sinful state to the state of G-d's righteousness. The born again by G-d person cannot sin when it remains constantly in unison with G-d. Therefore, the person must keep up cultivating continuously by G-d the strength of the bond of this unison.
    How one can stay in unison with G-d in this World of Lies, which is ruled by the fell like lightning in the ground devil who provides endless fuel to the sinful nature of the man?
    One can stay in unison with G-d by practicing righteousness as shown at John 7. Such a person simply cannot sin, because G-d's righteousness is not lawlessness, and sin takes place strictly in separation to G-d's righteousness; in the realm of G-d's righteousness, sin is non-existent. All in all, a Christian has under any circumstances to conduct G-d's righteousness.
    😡
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 12:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    [youtube Love At First Feel]DvPIWyJVsmA[/youtube]
    [youtube You Ain't Got a Hold on Me]bQVfw3yIU6k[/youtube]
    [youtube Up To My Neck In You]P_TBnDGKKnI[/youtube]
    [youtube Bad Boy Boogie]bKt5yZGjDbM[/youtube]
    [youtube Walk All Over You]mWNw2W_Mnxw[/youtube]
    Nice tunes. Can't always make out the words.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 12:171 edit
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    I have the impression John 7 does not say that the person who practices righteousness according to G-d's law is as righteous as G-d. The righteousness of G-d is unconceivable.
    John uses a metaphor in order to describe what is the exact nature of righteousness a person has to conduct in order to become a Christian.

It seems to me John 8 does not say ...[text shortened]... xistent. All in all, a Christian has under any circumstances to conduct G-d's righteousness.
    😡
    You seemed to have tried this think it through.

Do you mean devil as the father of fallen or sinful man or he was the father of created man, period ?

Comment also that Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to everyone who believes.

"For Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to everyone who believes." (Rom 10:4)
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 13:04
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You seemed to have tried this think it through.

Do you mean devil as the father of fallen or sinful man or he was the father of created man, period ?

Comment also that Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to everyone who believes.

[b] "For Christ is the end of the law unto righteousness to everyone who believes." (Rom 10:4)
    [/b]
    I said what I said: Devil is nobody's Father. Father of Kosmos and of every sentient being is only G-d, according to the Christian dogma.

"Father of sinful or fallen men" is just a metaphor. Everything came into being by G-d's will. Sinful or fallen men are not born by devil; they are merely deceived by the devil and they can change this condition by accepting to cross the Bridge.

Rom. 10:4 has the meaning you offered.
    😡
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 13:12
    I said what I said: Devil is nobody's Father. Father of Kosmos and of every sentient being is only G-d, according to the Christian dogma.

"Father of sinful or fallen men" is just a metaphor. Everything came into being by G-d's will. Sinful or fallen men are not born by devil; they are merely deceived by the devil and they can change this condition by accepting to cross the Bridge.

😡
    Time is limited for me today.
    Sounds a bit like Christian Science.

We'll talk latter.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 15:13

It seems to me John 8 does not say ...[text shortened]... xistent. All in all, a Christian has under any circumstances to conduct G-d's righteousness.
    😡
    Ok
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 16:13
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Time is limited for me today.
    Sounds a bit like Christian Science.

We'll talk latter.
    Sounds like the Orthodox Christian approach, probably because this is the Orthodox Christian approach. Devil has no power when one is protected by the Armor of G-d.
    😡
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Oct '17 17:49

😡
    John 8:43-45
    Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Oct '17 11:571 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!
    Of course your god NEVER murders does it? What was that story, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Oh yeah

NOAH.

So how many people did you god kill THAT time?

To say nothing of murdering all the land life on Earth. Such a show of grace.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Oct '17 12:15
    I found a book which said.
    "Eat pizza and despise all Christians, but because
    I speak the truth, you do not believe Me"

Dominoes2 verse 7
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '17 12:33
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Of course your god NEVER murders does it? What was that story, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Oh yeah

NOAH.

So how many people did you god kill THAT time?

To say nothing of murdering all the land life on Earth. Such a show of grace.
    God is not a human being, so yes God does not murder. He gives life and takes life.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 06:28
    Why do you come with John 8:43-45, dj2becker?
    😡
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 09:49
    Why do you come with John 8:43-45, dj2becker?
    😡
    Because you said the Devil is nobody's father. 😡
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 10:12
    Because you said the Devil is nobody's father. 😡
    Sure thing, this is what I say. devil is nobody's father. It is a metaphor😡
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '17 10:201 edit
    Sounds like the Orthodox Christian approach, probably because this is the Orthodox Christian approach. Devil has no power when one is protected by the Armor of G-d.
    😡
    The comment I made about what you wrote sounding like Christian Science, I retract.
    I realized that I was wrong, after reading it more carefully.

Bad call.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree