1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 02:37
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    1 raised to the power of 3 is still one, mate.
    That's a neo-cubist way of looking at it. 😉
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 05:45
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    This just in. The Bible contains metaphors.
    riddles and parables stories to keep the plebs enslaved a bucket of godwash.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 14:05
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    That's a neo-cubist way of looking at it. 😉
    But it IS mathematically correct and theologically right, as well.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 14:06
    Originally posted by @badradger
    The devil calls truth a lie also.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:38
    Originally posted by @badradger
    He's right though. When coupled with an understanding of the spirit within you, the bible does speak to us on many levels. The key is finding the right interpretation.
    Jesus is NOT here to save us. We need more than faith to understand eternal life. Nothing is set in stone... etc.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:451 edit
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    Please explain to me if you can the 1st chapter of John's Gospel where it states. "In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God"

"The Word became flesh and dwelt among us"

If the Word was God, then who is it talking about when it states, the Word became flesh and dwelt among us?
    I know what this ,means. Its a literal burden. Those who go against my word end up in strife. They suffer needlessly. They do not recognize me and just come for scraps (of teaching) . Then they attempt to imitate my way and fall hard. Life is so simple. Listen: Those who do not adhere to the word of the Lord and seek to 'go it alone' and not 'get with the program' shall face hardships and peril. Those who keep the word-those who abide in the commandments and seek the spirit of Christ shall have a fulfilled life that are overrun with riches.

Did anyone get that?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 22:532 edits
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    He's right though. When coupled with an understanding of the spirit within you, the bible does speak to us on many levels. The key is finding the right interpretation.
    Jesus is NOT here to save us. We need more than faith to understand eternal life. Nothing is set in stone... etc.
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He provided the "way and the truth" to living in the Kingdom of God. To do so, people must take responsibility for understanding, believing, following, keeping and most importantly actually ABIDE[ing] in His words - they must actually LIVE it. Ultimately it's about transformation. Transformation into a truly righteous being.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 08:11
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    There is and only has been one God.
    The bible talks about other gods.
    Why?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 14:41
    You have made a career here of entirely missing the point, and here you do so, again.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 14:43
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He provided the "way and the truth" to living in the Kingdom of God. To do so, people must take responsibility for understanding, believing, following, keeping and most importantly actually ABIDE[ing] in His words - they must actually LIVE it. Ultimately it's about transformation. Transformation into a truly righteous being.
    Pretty good mouth worship, considering you don't actually believe.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 14:44
    I know what this ,means. Its a literal burden. Those who go against my word end up in strife. They suffer needlessly. They do not recognize me and just come for scraps (of teaching) . Then they attempt to imitate my way and fall hard. Life is so simple. Listen: Those who do not adhere to the word of the Lord and seek to 'go it alone' and not 'get with ...[text shortened]... rit of Christ shall have a fulfilled life that are overrun with riches.

Did anyone get that?
    Get what?

All I'm getting here is someone speaking as a hypocrite.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 15:084 edits
    You left out that He said He was also the life.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; ..." (John 14:6a RcV)

Why didn't you include with -"way and the truth" ... "the life" ?

Another thing. Transformation is BY the Lord Spirit. And the Spirit IS the Lord Jesus.

"And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unvield face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory,

EVEN AS FROM THE LORD SPIRIT." (2 Cor. 3:17,18 RcV [my bolding] )

The Spirit who is the Lord Jesus is the One doing the transforming.

The Lord there in verse 17 and 18 is Jesus Christ. The next chapter says -

"For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, ... " (2 Cor. 4:5a)

Jesus Christ is the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE. You ommitted the transforming LIFE of Jesus the life giving Spirit.

In the chapter on resurrection Paul writes -

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 15:133 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Pretty good mouth worship, considering you don't actually believe.
    Actually it's Christians who don't believe what I wrote. They don't believe that Jesus calls them to transform themselves into a TRULY righteous beings.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 15:22
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You left out that He said He was also [b] the life.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way and the reality and the life; ..." (John 14:6a RcV)

Another thing. Transformation is BY the Lord Spirit. And the Spirit IS the Lord Jesus.

[ ...[text shortened]... tes -

[quote] "the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)
    [/b]

It's in there. Reread what I wrote. Pay attention to the use of the word "live" and its variants.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 15:351 edit
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry, He provided the "way and the truth" to living in the Kingdom of God. ...
    This is still Humanism's resurrection rejecting spin on the New Testament.

Today ... I mean TODAY Jesus has His heavenly ministry of interceding for His believers that they may be saved to the UTTERMOST into righteousness.

He resurrected and ascended and ALWAYS LIVES on forever to be the High Priest minister of the new covenant.

"Having therefore a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast the confession." (Heb. 4:14)

And such a sympathetic and understanding living High Priest He iS !

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all respects like us, yet without sin.

Let us there fore come forward with boldness to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace for timely help." (Heb 4:15,16)

Now here's the good part !! The tremendous part! He ALWAYS LIVES to intercede for our uttermost salvation !

Hebrews 7:25 !
    "Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to intercede for them. "

So we HAVE to receive the resurrected Jesus Christ into our very being in His AVAILABLE form as the Holy Spirit.

Then He both is IN the believers and is also at the right hand of God in heaven carrying our His ministry of interceding for the believers.

In the receiveers -

"But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the [human] spirit is life because of righteousness." (Rom. 8:10)

Christ located ALSO in Heaven interceding -

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Jesus who died and, rather, who was raised,

who is also at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us." (Rom 8:34)

Readers of this post should read it twice before commenting too quickly.

Or they can also just call with an fully opened heart -

"Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus, Thank You Lord for dying and rising AGAIN for me, to enter INTO me and to live forever before the Father to intercede for me.

Lord Jesus, thank You that you live always and forever that I would be saved to the UTTERMOST. Amen Lord Jesus. ThankYou. "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree