1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 06:202 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm not "down-playing" it, and it may very well be worse in the debates forum. I'm sure it is. I'm just correcting your comment "this forum (spirituality) is full of anti-Muslim bigotry" as it is simply not true. I think there is more bigotry in this forum toward Christians than there is towards Muslims. That is not to say that the relatively isolated and completely off the scale comments by dasa and Hinds do not stand alone as the worse examples of hatred and bigotry in here, because they do. But in terms of "fullness" this forum is not full of bigotry against Muslims.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 06:241 edit
    The point you're missing is that the incessant anti-Muslim invective here comes from a relatively small number of posters. The most ignorant (i.e. generalizing) and vitriolic stuff emanates from just two or three of the Christian posters. There are dozens of Christian posters and non-Christians who are more interested in talking about other stuff.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 06:29
    [Bump] If it's not a quotation of him, why did you deliberately place the words in quotation marks?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 06:431 edit
    The only hope for a Muslim is to convert to Christianity. Beheading Christians for Allah is the wrong way to gain seventy virgins in heaven.

Former Muslim Terrorist Converts to Christianity

YouTube
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 06:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:01
    It was a mistake for you to put the text in quotation marks. And don't be silly; I did not for one moment "confuse the paraphrased text with a direct quotation". The issue is that it was an error on your part. Summarizing his "apparent position" is one thing, but putting it in actual quotation marks rather than inverted commas or italicizing it ~ as you well know ~ is something different and incorrect. But then again, as you yourself said: " Few people in this forum ever seem to admit they are wrong."
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:01

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:04

9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:06
    To give you the chance to demonstrate to me that you had used the quotation marks correctly. But you hadn't. And you have been squirming indignantly ever since. 😉
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:101 edit
    Thanks.

Perhaps FMF, who has violated the Terms of Service, can find how that violates the TOS.

What does me having two other accounts ~ Nick Bourbaki and John W. Booth, which I used when I had 'retired' as FMF, and with which I never played chess or posted with multiple accounts at the same time ~ what does that have to do with your reaction to be being called on your poor punctuation?

Who has suggested that your poor writing has "violated the Terms of Service"? Don't be so silly. 😀
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:26
    In one hundred years no one will care less about M.........(actually make that 5 minutes)

M fought for the false religion called Islam and he is a sentimental fool.

Why is fighting for Islam foolish and a wasted life.

Because Islam was fabricated by a pedophile meat eating murderer of men women and children..

Who ever fights for Islam fights for teachings like this in the Quaran.................Quote: ( Strike terror in their hearts and slay them where you find them.....End Quote

Islam has been murdering and torturing and raping and plundering and pillaging for 1400 centuries, whilst it subdues the people with the sword whilst it forces those people to convert to Islam or die.

The murdering and torture and rape of men women and children is going on as we speak by Muslims.

So M has certainly wasted his life and is absolutely NO hero.................and therefore RJHinds is right when he said there is not such thing as a righteous Muslim.

Whoever fails to know the TRUE violent history of Islam is and ignoramus to the fullest extent.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:36
    Originally posted by Dasa
    M fought for the false religion called Islam and he is a sentimental fool.
    Having read the OP story about M, and presumably purporting to understand it, on what basis are you asserting that he was "fighting for Islam" during Portugal's war in Guinea-Bissau?
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having read the OP story about M, and presumably purporting to understand it, on what basis are you asserting that he was "fighting for Islam" during Portugal's war in Guinea-Bissau?
    Surely you gist........

M was a devout Muslim who fought for Islam in Portugal because he thought Portugal would be communist and ban religion .....(his religion)

He was not fighting a brave fight at all because he wanted to die and be Martyred and finally get those 77 virgins and have sex and more sex and more sex.

Why are you coming to the defense of Islam again?

Don,t you know the true disgusting violent history of Islam.

I say disgusting because there is no other word to describe the slaughter and torture and rape and plundering and pillaging by Islam in the last 1400 years of the Indigenous people of the world.................................which saw over 250 million men women and children slaughtered.

Stop defending that which is not worthy of defending.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 08:041 edit
    M was a devout Muslim who fought for Islam in Portugal because he thought Portugal would be communist and ban religion .....(his religion)
    So doesn't that in fact mean that he was fighting for freedom of religion?

edit: presumably, by the second mention of Portugal, you meant Guinea-Bissau, yes?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 08:09
    Why are you coming to the defense of Islam again?
    Actually what I'm doing is asking you about your understanding of the anecdote in the OP; you strike me as being confused and rather overeager.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree