02 Jun '15 22:593 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 05:38
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    A moving story. I'm always struck with a sense of awe at the ability of one human being to sacrifice thier life for another, especially when the other may not have been deserving of it. Heroism indeed, although not necessarily righteousness.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 08:34
    christians forming a circle around muslims so they could pray.
    muslims gathering outside churches so that christians could have a christmas mass without fear of terrorists

good people are everywhere, regardless of faith and everyone claiming all the members of a whole religion are evil is a hateful prick.
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 09:17
    Dutchess64. I agree with the vast majority of your views and posts. It's too bad that your hypersensitive nature, and disagreeable personality gets in the way of you making more friends here. 😲
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 21:151 edit

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 21:32
    **butt in
    If you are looking for a fight with Bill718 then this is the right way to entertain us. Alternatively you are probably allowing your interesting OP to be hijacked by throwing fuel on his fire.
    **butt out
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 21:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    **butt in
    If you are looking for a fight with Bill718 then this is the right way to entertain us. Alternatively you are probably allowing your interesting OP to be hijacked by throwing fuel on his fire.
    **butt out
    If she's quoting RJHinds, she's screwed. No advice anyone may give can possibly save her.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 22:22
    It is clear Black and white or racist or not or religious or not, none of that would have gone through the mind of M, he saw a danger and reacted instinctively.

Someone asked Mother Teresa why she did what she did. Her answer: Because it would (paraphrasing here) raise the opinion of god as to the value of the Catholic Church.

So her deeds were with this religious goal in mind, god will like me better kind of thing.
    That is just what we don't need, in my opinion. We need more people like M who does the right thing regardless of some religious calculus.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 22:56

10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 23:37
    Maybe that proves the only good Black Muslim is a dead Black Muslim. 😏
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 23:57

12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 00:152 edits
    Bill718 said: " I agree with the vast majority of your views and posts. It's too bad that your hypersensitive nature, and disagreeable personality gets in the way of you making more friends here."

And you replied thusly...

Does Bill718 have any comment about 'a Muslim who became a hero to Christians'? Apparently not. The troll Bill718 has jumped in to attack me personally again in a thread that has nothing to do with him. In at least several earlier threads (in the Debates forum), I have cited evidence of Bill718's persistent dishonesty, stupidity, and unwillingness to admit his errors. I have written nothing *recently* about or to BIll718, but evidently Bill718 obsessively hates me enough that he wishes to resume a 'flame war' against me. Again, it's Bill718 who started it here. And Bill718 a self-styled 'liberal' American, apparently wants me *to ignore all the evidence of his dishonesty* in arguments because he claims to agree with me 'the vast majority' of the time. (Bill718's an extremely partisan Democrat who, in 'knee-jerk' fashion, likes to act as though the Democrats must always be right and the Republicans must always be wrong in US politics.) But I refuse to show the blind political favoritism that Bill718 demands. I criticize dishonesty in argument when I perceive it, regardless of that person's claimed political associations. In several posts over the years, Bill718 has taken the apparent position, "Duchess64 should never criticize Bill718 because he's a 'liberal' American and Duchess64 ought to show blind support for all 'liberals'." On the contrary, I have criticized Bill718 for being dishonest and wrong just as I have criticized 'conservative' Americans for being dishonest and wrong. 'Liberal' Americans (as Bill718 has shown) are capable of being dishonest and wrong too.

Bill718's criticism of and advice to you seems far more reasonable, measured and kindly put than your criticism of him. You have illustrated his point better than he could have.

Thanks for the thought provoking anecdote about the Muslim guy whose name you forgot.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 00:381 edit
    You don't seem to be making any particular incisive point about his Islamic faith or the impact of his particular religious beliefs ~ as opposed to the different religious beliefs of others who did and do similar things to him ~ and you even concede that atheists do the same kinds of things.

Your efforts to make some sort of pro-Muslim point to a poster with views like those of RJHinds by using a heroism-in-war anecdote of this kind is never going tackle the prejudice that is espoused on this forum regarding ordinary, virtuous, God fearing Muslim families going about their lives in their hundreds and hundreds of millions.

This is especially so when your slightly tabloid anecdote simply has generic religious labels tacked onto it which mean little or nothing about the beliefs and deeds of the people involved.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 03:431 edit

15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 03:442 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't seem to be making any particular incisive point about his Islamic faith or the impact of his particular religious beliefs ~ as opposed to the different religious beliefs of others who did and do similar things to him ~ and you even concede that atheists do the same kinds of things.

Your efforts to make some sort of pro-Muslim point to a poster with ...[text shortened]... tacked onto it which mean little or nothing about the beliefs and deeds of the people involved.
    I am skeptical of her story and especially the part about being able to know the mind of this so-called Muslim mystery man. Who knows if he was looking forward to 70 virgins in Heaven? 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree