1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:16
    Originally posted by @sonship
    If so then that expectation is not supported in the Bible.
    If you think that this OP is asking for an expectation or expectations that are "supported in the Bible" then you have not understood the OP. T

his inability by a procession of Christians on this thread to comprehend the simple and succinctly set up thought exercise of the OP is fascinating.

If you don't want to tackle the OP, then don't. Wearing your unwillingness/inability to comprehend it on your sleeves is not interesting.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:25
    I'm happy just to contribute that God in the Bible referred to other ethnic groups as having a special relation to Himself.

"Blessed be Egypt My people and Assyria the work of My hands and Israel My inheritance." (Isaiah 19:20b)

This is in reference to -

what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents,

If that is not a full answer to your layered OP, so be it.
    Its my contribution at the moment, which I think shows the wider scope of the Bible's revelation.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:34
    I'm happy just to contribute that God in the Bible referred to other ethnic groups as having a special relation to Himself.

[b] "Blessed be Egypt My people and Assyria the work of My hands and Israel My inheritance." (Isaiah 19:20b)

This is in reference to -

[quote] what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen Peopl ...[text shortened]... ts my contribution at the moment, which I think shows the wider scope of the Bible's revelation.[/b]
    You haven't understood the OP, sonship. Deliberately quoting a fragment of one of the sentences in the OP ~ and carefully stopping at a comma so that the sentence's meaning is obscured so that you can pretend you have an on-topic point ~ is disingenuous.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:391 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your thread asks a question -

"A perfectly executed revelation?"

Then you proceed to give what you think is a good brief review that revelation in question -

Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence?

I simply pointed out that your "purported revelation" was limited in your description. And what might be "more effective" for Him to do I mentioned He DID do.

God sometimes said other peoples had a special relationship with Him.

At least you got some "fascination" from reading my post.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:401 edit
    You haven't understood the OP, sonship. Deliberately quoting a fragment of one of the sentences in the OP ~ and carefully stopping at a comma so that the sentence's meaning is obscured so that you can pretend you have an on-topic point ~ is disingenuous.
    Just focus on the pertinent part (to me).
    I noticed the other parts.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:43
    Your thread asks a question -

"A perfectly executed revelation?"
    If your answer is "yes", then this thought exercise is not for you, obviously.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:43
    Just focus on the pertinent part.
    I noticed the other parts.
    You didn't understand the OP... just like SecondSon and Suzianne and leunammi.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:45
    I simply pointed out that your "purported revelation" was limited in your description. And what might be "more effective" for Him to do I mentioned He DID do.
    This is utter nonsense. Look, you didn't understand the OP. Stop toking on the tummy gasses of your vanity.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:47
    If your answer is "yes", then this thought exercise is not for you, obviously.
    I was not answering Yes or No.
    I was looking more realistically at the revelation of the Bible, which I thought you under estimated.

I think the "thought exercise" should include some more than superficial thought on what the Bible's revelation really IS.

"I don't read it well. But I have this great thought exercise about it" is not ALL that impressive to me.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:491 edit
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:521 edit
    FMF's - "I'm as ignorant as a bucket of nails on the revelation of the Bible. But I have this great thought exercise, you see, on my caricature. "

I think he is saying - "Please thought exercise over my strawman".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:54
    FMF's - "I'm as ignorant as a bucket of nails on the revelation of the Bible. But I have this great thought exercise, you see, on my caricature. "

I think he is saying - "Please thought exercise over my strawman".
    If you believe it was a perfectly executed revelation then just say so. There endeth the thought exercise for you.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:55
    [b]I was not answering Yes or No.
    I was looking more realistically at the revelation of the Bible, which I thought you under estimated. /b]
    You haven't understood the OP.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:57
    I think the "thought exercise" should include some more than superficial thought on what the Bible's revelation really IS
    It's fine as it is. If one thinks the Bible's revelation was not a perfectly executed revelation then they can speculate about what would have been more effective as was the invitation in my OP.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:581 edit
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence?

This is a funny kind of question. It is actually his statement.

It is his way of blaming the God that he does not believe the revelation of the Bible. He didn't communicated to FMF effectively.

Let's see how the Christian God might have improved His methods.

It kind of reminds me of Adam saying "The woman that you gave me, she's the reason I didn't follow to listen to You."

It an excuse in a question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree