1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 00:22
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    As a non-believer I expect you to question things. But that's different from insisting that select others participate in your mental exercise, especially when as a premise they must reject something they already firmly believe.
    People can post what they want. If they don't like, don't want to join, or don't understand the thought experiment, that's their prerogative.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 08:45
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I think it is. God is revealed through The Word, which is why believers are encouraged to bear witness and evangelize. Of course, you already know that, since it's standard Christian doctrine. Yes, God is also introduced to (or in) us through The Spirit but that's something else.
    Ok let’s go with your premise that God only reveals himself to those he “intends” to reveal himself to.

Where ones that leave the rest?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 11:323 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You have not understood the OP. If you read it again and get what it's actually about, it would be interesting to hear your response to it. I haven't made any "unsupportable assertions" in the OP. I haven't said any "rumours" exist. That's got absolutely nothing to do with the OP. You've been hasty; you're gabbling. You've gone off half-cocked. Take a deep breath and read the OP again.
    Defending an OP you wrote to make people stay on topic, interesting.
    So you think God could have done a better job of convincing people about Him being real?
    You know what God is looking for inside of people, is it just enough to know God is real?
    What if God has something He wants and what He wants can only come through faith
    and that in the face of all the things that we see around us today?
    Exactly what is it you are looking for, what is this OP about if I have missed it so far?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 13:07
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    So you think God could have done a better job of convincing people about Him being real?
    Given my lack of belief in your god figure and the revelation story you believe in, it's an interesting thing to speculate about.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 13:08
    Exactly what is it you are looking for, what is this OP about if I have missed it so far?
    If you don't get the OP, don't worry about it.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 13:22
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you don't get the OP, don't worry about it.
    Not worried about it, I was just wondering why it was important to you to keep yours on
    topic, but not mine?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '18 13:24
    Not worried about it, I was just wondering why it was important to you to keep yours on
    topic, but not mine?
    Are you upset about one of the other threads?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree