1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 07:58
    Originally posted by @sonship
    FMF "I don't read it well. But I have this great thought exercise about it" is not ALL that impressive to me.
    Start a thread propagating the Bible's revelation then and do so in a way that is "impressive" to you. This is a thought exercise about how the revelation might have been different.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:00
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence?

This is a funny kind of question. It is actually his statement.

It is his way of blaming the God that he does not believe the revelation of the Bible. ...[text shortened]... you gave me, she's the reason I didn't follow to listen to You."

It an excuse in a question.
    If you think it was a perfectly executed revelation, just say so. This OP is for conjecture about how it could have been different.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:01
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Start a thread propagating the Bible's revelation then and do so in a way that is "impressive" to you. This is a thought exercise about how the revelation might have been different.
    The "thought exercise" is lacking in thought about the contents OF the revelation.

And you trail after me on my threads with inane comments. Take a little reciprocal treatment. Feel it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:04
    It is his way of blaming the God that he does not believe the revelation of the Bible. He didn't communicated to FMF effectively.
    I am an agnostic atheist; I am not a Christian. I have never disguised this, sonship. The OP is about speculating with regard to a revelation that might have reached and affected some of the 70% or so of the world's population that are not Christian. I am not "blaming" anyone's god figure. The exercise is about the effectiveness of a mythology-ideology as far as I am concerned.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:06
    The "thought exercise" is lacking in thought about the contents OF the revelation.
    You can declare your notion of revelation to be a perfectly executed revelation if you so wish and render the exercise moot for you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:07
    And you trail after me on my threads with inane comments. Take a little reciprocal treatment. Feel it.
    I have no objection to you behaving in this way: it is revealing I think.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:101 edit
    You may be making "inane comments" deliberately in order to reciprocate [to your way of thinking] - and that is your prerogative - but I think you have simply grabbed the wrong end of the stick. Start a thread about how the revelation you believe in was perfectly executed, by all means. This OP invites conjecture about how the ideology could have been spread differently.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:15

10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:16

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:211 edit
    How it could have been different?

But the difference is there. You just didn't pay attention to it.

"Egypt my people" .

The Gentiles had prophets - Balaam in the book of Numbers - a Gentile prophet.

Job - a Gentile holy man of God.

Jethro the priest of Midian - not of Israel.

God rebukes Israel by telling them they should not be over uppity that He delivered them from captivity. He also delivered OTHER nations from captivity. He once executed a deliverance to the Philistines of all people.

" Are you not like the children of the Cush to Me, O children of Israel? Declares Jehovah.

Have I not brought up Israel out from the land of Egypt, And the Philistines out from Caphtor, And Aram out from Kir? (Amos 9:7)

In contemplating your OP I wish to include thoughts in my exercising about how God, in His revelation, spoke of the non-Israelite nations at times.

For me its a fuller thought exercise. And the book of Amos is a good place in the revelation where God lets Israel know that they are in many ways, like other loved nations to Him.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:24
    As a gentlemen then I'll leave your thread now.
    Wait until I clear the threshold before you slam the door shut.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:281 edit
    I was not answering Yes or No.
    You never do because it’s a tactic that allows you to hide.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:46
    If you have an answer other than "yes" to the question 'Was it a perfectly executed revelation?" then feel free to speculate.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:49
    I could really enjoy debating issues with you if didn’t use these lazy rhetorical mechanisms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree