1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 08:52
    Originally posted by @sonship
    In contemplating your OP I wish to include thoughts in my exercising about how God, in His revelation, spoke of the non-Israelite nations at times. For me its a fuller thought exercise.
    It's totally different from my OP as would befit someone who - like several other Christians on this thread so far with their groupist hair-trigger ideological-purity signalling - who fumbled what the OP was inviting. You should think of starting what you see as "a fuller thought exercise" - carefully calibrated to yield the answer you desire for your "preaching" purposes - on another thread.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 11:472 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I could really enjoy debating issues with you if didn’t use these lazy rhetorical mechanisms.
    Lazy rhetorical mechanisms? Like "chains!, screams!, burning flesh!, billions tortured, kept alive! ..."

lazy rhetorical mechanisms something like that ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 11:49
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It's totally different from my OP as would befit someone who - like several other Christians on this thread so far with their groupist hair-trigger ideological-purity signalling - who fumbled what the OP was inviting. You should think of starting what you see as "a fuller thought exercise" - carefully calibrated to yield the answer you desire for your "preaching" purposes - on another thread.
    What's a matter with preaching ?
    You're preach-a-phobic.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 11:50
    Lazy rhetorical mechanisms? Like "chains!, screams!, burning flesh!, billions tortured, kept alive! ..."

lazy rhetorical mechanisms something like that ?
    It's you ~ you sonship ~ who has been "teaching" everybody about non-believers being hung out burning on chains so that their agony "glorifies" your torturer god and acts as a deterrent to aliens from outer space, not divegeester.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 11:564 edits
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence?

Okay, I believe that the life of Jesus of Nazareth is an extremely hard act to follow. I don't think anyone was more effective to manifestation of the divine, before or after to as much of the world.

I think whoever you might propose comes in at second place in impact is pretty far off.

Could His testimony be improved upon or more effective? That is hard to imagine, as far as what Jesus Himself did and taught.

As perfect a revelation as is probably too good for this world.

You see the nature of the world is that the MORE effective the revelation of truth the GREATER the opposition against that revelation. It is a warfare.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 12:08
    Okay, I believe that the life of Jesus of Nazareth is an extremely hard act to follow. I don't think anyone was more effective to manifestation of the divine, before or after to as much of the world.
    I don't think anyone was more effective to manifestation of the divine, before or after to as much of the world.

Yiu still don't understand the OP.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 02:31
    You didn't understand the OP... just like SecondSon and Suzianne and leunammi.
    Clearly, this thread exists simply as a stroking of your vanity.

If you're not willing to engage answers, or you don't like those answers, perhaps you should stop asking questions which produce those answers.

I'm not so sure that you truly understand your own OP. You clearly want to make it something it isn't.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 02:39
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If you're not willing to engage answers, or you don't like those answers, perhaps you should stop asking questions which produce those answers.
    Once again, it's clear you simply don't understand the OP.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 02:40
    I'm not so sure that you truly understand your own OP.
    I do understand it.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 23:27
    Once again, it's clear you simply don't understand the OP.
    Dodging the answer, again.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '18 23:29
    I do understand it.
    Do you think your blatant answer-dodging you consistently display in this forum makes others more or less likely to engage with you?
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 00:081 edit
    I don't understand. Why aren't believers leaping at the opportunity to join in a "thought experiment" using the premise that Christianity is a mythical ideology, and portraying God as impotent and unable to provide His revelation to enough people thousands of years ago?

I suspect the reason for this "thought experiment" is to avoid the truth of the bible. The bible says God reveals Himself to everyone He intends to reveal Himself to. Obviously FMF struggles with the idea that for the time being, God has passed him up. Therefore the hope is that God is a miserable, impotent failure that is incapable of revealing Himself to certain individuals.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 00:35
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I don't understand. Why aren't believers leaping at the opportunity to join in a "thought experiment" using the premise that Christianity is a mythical ideology, and portraying God as impotent and unable to provide His revelation to enough people thousands of years ago?
    What's interesting is that Christians who don't understand the OP are choosing to join the thought exercise anyway and are then demonstrating that they don't understand it and instead chunter on about something else.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 00:391 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I suspect the reason for this "thought experiment" is to avoid the truth of the bible. The bible says God reveals Himself to everyone He intends to reveal Himself to. Obviously FMF struggles with the idea that for the time being, God has passed him up. Therefore the hope is that God is a miserable, impotent failure that is incapable of revealing Himself to certain individuals.
    Well, I am an agnostic atheist ~ you seem to understand that.

If you believe the revelation that you ~ as a Christian ~ believe in was as effective as it could possibly have been [see the OP] and was, therefore, a perfectly executed revelation then just say so and realize that the thought exercise is not for you.

Otherwise, you are casting yourself as yet another non-freethinking religionist who does not understand what the OP is inviting you to do.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '18 00:43
    Do you think your blatant answer-dodging you consistently display in this forum makes others more or less likely to engage with you?
    It would seem that this OP has happened upon yet another thread topic that you find yourself unable to address and which you treat as an opportunity to make off-topic nothing-to-do-with-the-thread remarks instead. Fancy that.

Are you willing to engage this OP's invitation?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree