1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 03:101 edit
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence?

For instance, what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents, with visions and dreams and prophets afforded to them all, and with "God" or His "Son" at some point walking among them in order to "save" them and to make the revelation convince more of the people He had supposedly created?

Would this, for example, have been more effective than what Christians believe actually happened?
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 12:01
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you believe the purported revelation of the Christian God was a perfectly executed revelation which could not possibly have been more effective in convincing people of His existence?

For instance, what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or ...[text shortened]... ould this, for example, have been more effective than what Christians believe actually happened?
    what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents, with visions and dreams and prophets afforded to them all

What other tribes designated as 'chosen people' are you referring to? I didn't know there were others.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 12:03
    Gosh.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 12:17

For instance, what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or ...[text shortened]... ould this, for example, have been more effective than what Christians believe actually happened?
    The biblical account of the genesis of life, its creator, historic and prophetic accuracy has no equal.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 12:19
    Gosh.
    Doing good FMF. You made a whole syllable word. 😉
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 12:40
    Originally posted by @secondson
    The biblical account of the genesis of life, its creator, historic and prophetic accuracy has no equal.
    What about the OP? It's a thought exercise rather than an opportunity for Christians to reaffirm their religious beliefs. There are other threads for that. This thought exercise is not about the "accuracy" of any account.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 12:54
    Gosh.
    Nice. Do understand why the Jews were the chosen people? They were entrusted with the oracles of God.

Sheesh.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 13:02
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    Nice. Do understand why the Jews were the chosen people? They were entrusted with the oracles of God.

Sheesh.
    With your "What other tribes designated as 'chosen people' are you referring to?" question, you clearly do not understand the OP.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 16:41
    What about the OP? It's a thought exercise rather than an opportunity for Christians to reaffirm their religious beliefs. There are other threads for that. This thought exercise is not about the "accuracy" of any account.
    My post above speaks directly to the OP, but apparently you don't like it so you're going to play the "thought exercise" card to dissimulate the fact that my post answered the whole question.

The Word of God trumps your silly, meaningless and otherwise unsupportable assertion that there are any other viable "tribes", "Chosen People", "located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents, with visions and dreams and prophets afforded to them all,..", none of which you have provided a single reference for that even remotely resembles the biblical account, nor do these rumors of such that you are saying exist have any corresponding or parallel similarities to what is taught in the scriptures of God's Word.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 01:09
    The Word of God trumps your silly, meaningless and otherwise unsupportable assertion that there are any other viable "tribes", "Chosen People", "located in dozens of places around the world, or even hundreds or thousands, across all continents, with visions and dreams and prophets afforded to them all,..", none of which you have provided a single referenc ...[text shortened]... ve any corresponding or parallel similarities to what is taught in the scriptures of God's Word.
    You have not understood the OP. If you read it again and get what it's actually about, it would be interesting to hear your response to it. I haven't made any "unsupportable assertions" in the OP. I haven't said any "rumours" exist. That's got absolutely nothing to do with the OP. You've been hasty; you're gabbling. You've gone off half-cocked. Take a deep breath and read the OP again.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 01:32

All truth can be crossed referenced.
    Those who say jc is the only true way are narrowing the way to 'heaven'
    and miss something

I'm happy to talk Christianity all day as long as those ideas are in sync with other spiritual ways n customs
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 01:34
    You misunderstood Genesis
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 02:51
    You have not understood the OP. If you read it again and get what it's actually about, it would be interesting to hear your response to it. I haven't made any "unsupportable assertions" in the OP. I haven't said any "rumours" exist. That's got absolutely nothing to do with the OP. You've been hasty; you're gabbling. You've gone off half-cocked. Take a deep breath and read the OP again.
    You constantly bitch about people "dodging the question", but here you are dodging the answer.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 03:01
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You constantly bitch about people "dodging the question", but here you are dodging the answer.
    SecondSon has not understood the OP.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '18 06:512 edits
    Does the premise of the OP imply that God never called other nations as His special possession ?

For instance, what about other tribes also being designated "Chosen People", aside from the ancient Hebrews, located in dozens of places around the world, ...

If so then that expectation is not supported in the Bible.

For instance God refers to Egypt as His people and Assyria as the work of His hands very much on par with Israel being His inheritance.

"Blessed be Egypt My people and Assyria the work of My hands and Israel My inheritance." (Isaiah 19:20b)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree