1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Is it perhaps these?

Rom 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
    Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
    Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O ...[text shortened]... and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    erm, do you have them in a -well- "normal" bible?...😛

EDIT:removed the edit from my earlier post and fitted it in here...

just remebered, Matthew 25 31-46 says that "whatever you do the the least of men you do to me", or something like it. on judgement day we shant be asked "do you believe in the virgin birth?" or "is creationism true?". instead we shall be asked "i was naked, did you clothe me? i was hungry, did you feed me?".

http://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html i think this artice is going along the right lines, but i disagree with them when they say that everyone has rejected what they have seen. persoanlly, i do not feel that this is true, rather that people reject different amounts. some, those who have the word of God is written on their hearts, reject little, while others reject most if not all. for God is love incarnate, and how can you love if you ignore God fully? the devil, i beleive, cannot love. much like Lord Voldemort (sp?)...

what i beleive, personally, is that non-Christains who strive to do good and are trully sorry for their sin shall be saved. those who ignore God shall not. where the line is drawn i do not know...
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:09
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Originally posted by Blindfaith101:
    [b]"Everyone has the chance, to accept the love and Sacrifice that JESUS CHRIST gave. Therefore we all have the power to prevent the sufferring of going to Hell."

This is a large point of contention with me, as I've mentioned before. Evangelical Christians in these forums have stated several times that [ ...[text shortened]... a like most of you rich white folk. Is this an unfair geographic advantage that God has set up?[/b]
    You have to remember that God is in control and that he is sending Christiaqn out there to witness about Jesus.

A just God yes that's what he is and if you don't accept Christt he will give you the justice that you desurve.
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:15
    [b]"Everyone has the chance, to accept the love and Sacrifice that JESUS CHRIST gave. Therefore we all have the power to prevent the sufferring of going to Hell."

This is a large point of contention with me, as I've mentioned before. Evangelical Christians in these forums have stated several times that [ ...[text shortened]... a like most of you rich white folk. Is this an unfair geographic advantage that God has set up?[/b]
    There are those that never had the opportunity to accept or reject JESUS CHRIST. They will be judged by their knowledge of right and wrong. ROMANS 2:9-16
    GOD in being fair and just does not want anyone to go to everlasting punishment. So HE gives each of us a choice. If we look into our own lives, we make decisions on right and wrong every day. Those decisions prepare the road that we travel.
  4. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:21
    Originally posted by wib
    [b]I believe God will view us by the amount of light we have recieved.

That's just more gray area piled on top of gray area. So a person who has never heard a single word of God (the Christian version) gets a free pass into heaven when they die? Then someone like myself, who's surrounded with a church on every corner, has a higher standard to meet to get into heaven?[/b]
    There is no "so called" grey area. GOD has always said do or don't. Yes or no. Right or wrong. HE has always stated quite clearly the rewards for doing what HE says. HE has clearly stated the Price for not doing what HE says.
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:31
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    There is no "so called" grey area. GOD has always said do or don't. Yes or no. Right or wrong. HE has always stated quite clearly the rewards for doing what HE says. HE has clearly stated the Price for not doing what HE says.
    So, if my son disrespects me and my wife, can we kill him? 'Cause I've been reading Leviticus...
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:41
    Originally posted by bbarr
    So, if my son disrespects me and my wife, can we kill him? 'Cause I've been reading Leviticus...
    do what you want just remember that Jesus is the only way to heaven.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    do what you want just remember that Jesus is the only way to heaven.
    That's the sort of moral guidance I've been waiting for. Thanks, RBHILL!
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 22:53
    Then you must have read that those laws were given to the nation of Israel. Not to the Gentile nations.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 23:00
    Then you must have read that those laws were given to the nation of Israel. Not to the Gentile nations.
    So you're saying bbarr has to move his entire family to Isreal then its ok?
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 23:01
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    So you're saying bbarr has to move his entire family to Isreal then its ok?
    never said or thought that
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 23:04
    never said or thought that
    "....those laws were given to the nation of Israel...."

methinks you did.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 23:08
    I'm descended from the tribe of Dan, does that count?
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    23 Sep '05 23:111 edit
    I'm descended from the tribe of Dan, does that count?
    Only apparently in Israel, somebody ought to inform the Israelis that they ain't following God law when they imprison murderers.

I think there a good job for bf101
    sounds like a ww2 german fighter , don't it?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 01:57

I for one, disagree with BF101.
    Not all have heard, nor all will hear the gospel.
    Those who have not heard will be judged according to their works, like in the OT.
    I do not believe that God can be placed in a test tube, so to speak.
    One cannot say, if you do this, that will happen, and so on.
    God, by His own definition is righteous, holy, just, loving, full of wisdom, etc.
    By this definition, I trust He will do the right thing.

BTW...I also do not believe the bible is interpreted correctly, when speaking of eternal torment.
  15. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    24 Sep '05 02:21
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I for one, disagree with BF101.
    Not all have heard, nor all will hear the gospel.
    Those who have not heard will be judged according to their works, like in the OT.
    I do not believe that God can be placed in a test tube, so to speak.
    One cannot say, if you do this, that will happen, and so on.
    God, by His own definition is righteous, holy, just, lov ...[text shortened]... TW...I also do not believe the bible is interpreted correctly, when speaking of eternal torment.
    I totally respect your opinion, checkbaiter but I hate to tell you that you are wrong....

You are far from the only one who disagrees with BF101 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree