A Question for Christians

A Question for Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
16 Sep 07

I'm curious how many Christians have a genuine (close) friendship with a non-Christian and still believe s/he will be condemned to Hell.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Sep 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
I'm curious how many Christians have a genuine (close) friendship with a non-Christian and still believe s/he will be condemned to Hell.
I wouldn't know who is going where. It's not my place to judge nor could I judge. All one can do is make sure of one's own path and encourage others. I'm sure there will be lots of last minute conversions at the end of time.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Sep 07

All of my non-Christian friends are running that risk and yes i have
more than a few.
Kelly

s

Moves
16 Sep 07

How could any 'genuine' Christian believe otherwise? Key part of belief is to have gone across the peak and be firmly sliding down the slope on the other side... when you have started you might as well go the whole hog, or there is little point.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
16 Sep 07

Originally posted by snowinscotland
How could any 'genuine' Christian believe otherwise? Key part of belief is to have gone across the peak and be firmly sliding down the slope on the other side... when you have started you might as well go the whole hog, or there is little point.
Catholics officially can believe otherwise.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
16 Sep 07

Originally posted by snowinscotland
A lot depends on how you read the question. If someone is not a christian right now how do I know what will happen in the future? They may or may not receive christ in the future.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
16 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by knightmeister
A lot depends on how you read the question. If someone is not a christian right now how do I know what will happen in the future? They may or may not receive christ in the future.
Sorry about the lack of clarification.

Specifically, they would remain non-Christian for their entire lives.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
16 Sep 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
All of my non-Christian friends are running that risk and yes i have
more than a few.
Kelly
Out of curiousity, does the fact that they are non-Christian affect your friendship with them?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
17 Sep 07

Out of curiousity, does the fact that they are non-Christian affect your friendship with them?
Don't get into an intimate relationship with them. Unequally yoked and all that.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Sep 07
4 edits

Don't let them in your house or bid them Godspeed.

2 John 10

If they are Jews or Moslems, stop up their mouths.

Titus 1:10-11

If they are Gentiles, avoid them, lest you be friends with devils.

1 Corinthians 10:20

Anyway, why do you have non-Christian friends? You're not supposed to.

Romans 16:17-18

After all, we're all enemies of God.

Matthew 12:30

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
17 Sep 07

I just don't understand the concept of choosing friends according to their religion or lack thereof.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
17 Sep 07

I’ll pose the counter (and piggy-back off KJ in my answer):

“How many non-Christians have a genuine, close friendship with a Christian, and still believe s/he is living an illusion?”

All* of my Christian friends are living an illusion, and yes, I have more than a few.

* Well, there are a few heretics...

f

Moves
17 Sep 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Don't let them in your house or bid them Godspeed.

2 John 10

If they are Jews or Moslems, stop up their mouths.

Titus 1:10-11

If they are Gentiles, avoid them, lest you be friends with devils.

1 Corinthians 10:20

Anyway, why do you have non-Christian friends? You're not supposed to.

Romans 16:17-18

After all, we're all enemies of God.

Matthew 12:30
Your quote in 2 John 10 should actually be 2 John 1:10.

All of your quotes are taken out of context. None of these deal with friends that are nonbelievers. I have many friends that are nonbelievers. Because they don't chose to believe in what Christ has done for each one of us in love and compassion is understandable. I can remember a time when I couldn't understand any of it either.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Sep 07

I have a Muslim friend who said that according to his religion there were limits to how strong a friendship he was allowed to form with non-Muslims.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Sep 07

No, should it? I care a great deal about my friends, I don't count
someone a friend lightly.
Kelly