1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 12:401 edit
    Please answer I'd really like to know.
    When you pray do you imiagine God lsitening or an angel ready to take your prayer up to God, maybe the stamp on the envelope being 'In Jesus Christ Amen' Or do you pray to thin air?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 21:28
    Originally posted by yo its me
    When you pray do you imiagine God lsitening or an angel ready to take your prayer up to God, maybe the stamp on the envelope being 'In Jesus Christ Amen' Or do you pray to thin air?
    I pray as if God was there, He is but you just can't see Him.
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 23:54
    Originally posted by daniel58
    There's an invisible dragon sitting in the corner of my room.
    Prove it isn't there ...
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Aug '09 23:55
    Originally posted by amannion
    There's an invisible dragon sitting in the corner of my room.
    Prove it isn't there ...
    There's no such thing as dragons.
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 00:05
    How do you know this?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 00:06
    what about the Loch Ness monster? is he not the last living dragon.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 00:13
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I pray and then hear how he responds.
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 00:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I pray and then hear how he responds.
    How would you characterise the response? What is it like?
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 00:291 edit
    How would you characterise the response? What is it like?
    Well for example. Are Church together does a thing called a S.H.A.P.E. Journal. S is for scripture what verse stood out to you today. H is for hearing from God. A is for applying what you heard from God. and P is for praying to God. and E is for exalting God.

Hear is a sample entry:
    S "Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mountains would quake in your presence! As fire causes wood to burn and water to boil, your coming would make the nations tremble. Then your enemies would learn the reason for your fame!" Isaiah 64:1-2

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:9

H My child whom I love, today I want to tell you: “What would happen if I came down and walked in that kind of power? Your heart would be laid wide open, your sins would be exposed, your life would be an open book.” God says, “I am here. If I came down in my power how would you, or anyone else, sustain my presence? My glory outshines the sun, all would melt before me.”

There is a great need in your life for this type of power and visitation, for revival of this kind. Then all would know that I’m alive and powerful to do all that I have said. You have a choice to follow and obey or to walk away empty. I am coming to satisfy your thirst and remove your hunger, filling you with good things.

A There is a continual hunger and thirst for more of God. God is here in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit. The idea of bursting forth from heaven seems so much bigger than what I am experiencing now. It is a wind in my hair, blown back, overcoming experience. I am ready to deal with any sin, any resistence in my life, anything that I am holding back that doesn’t allow God to burst forth into my life in this way. I release my pride, my self-centered living in how I use my time and my money. I commit to put myself in a place where you can burst into my life. I commit to read my Bible and pray each day. I commit to be in a small group, I commit to tithe on my income. I commit to be in church each Sunday. I want to make God the complete leader of my whole life, putting all into God’s control and into his hands.

P Father God, you are my Savior and I want to make you the center of everything about me, the true leader of my life. I commit everything to you and ask you to defeat my pride, to take control of my life, to show me anything that is hindering that from occurring. I ask you to burst forth from the heavens and come down in my life, in my family, in our church, in every moment of my day to day life. Lord, come from the glory of heaven, come in your power, strength and mountain-melting glory. I open up to you and say come, fill me, satisfy my hungry and thirsty soul with your presence. Burst forth from heaven upon me right now.

E Today I’m thankful for my wife, kids and your provisions for a comfortable home.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 00:36
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well for example. Are Church together does a thing called a S.H.A.P.E. Journal. S is for scripture what verse stood out to you today. H is for hearing from God. A is for applying what you heard from God. and P is for praying to God. and E is for exalting God.

Hear is a sample entry:
    S "Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mount ...[text shortened]... now.

E Today I’m thankful for my wife, kids and your provisions for a comfortable home.
    No, you misunderstood my question.
    I'm interested in the physicality - or otherwise - of the response you get from prayer.
    How does god manifest to you during, or after, your prayer sessions?
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:34
    How do you know this?
    find supported info that's reliable, that says so.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about the Loch Ness monster? is he not the last living dragon.
    He is not a living dragon, if he is alive at all, but a dinosaur that swims; http://www.search4dinosaurs.com/
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Aug '09 22:532 edits
    No, you misunderstood my question.
    I'm interested in the physicality - or otherwise - of the response you get from prayer.
    How does god manifest to you during, or after, your prayer sessions?
    Run the straight race with God's good grace,
    Lift up thine eyes and seek his face:
    Life with its ways before us lies,
    Christ is the path and Christ the prize.

now stop asking questions and go seek for yourself, and keep seeking until you find,.dont give up to easy.
    If you lose something of material possession do you give up hope of finding it before you looked everywhere? or do you act positivily and believe you will find it? Dont be like the one who says I have looked everywhere but did not find, it is gone.....how could this person have possibly looked everywhere when it has to be somewhere?
    read corinthians 9:24-27
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 02:22
    I dont pray . The last time I did i was 8 and God for a motorbike. Of course I did not get a motorbike and I know why. Everything I need is here already. Praying is just saying to God that you are unsatisfied with what is around you .
    If you want to pray for less violence,for example, just go out there offer up some peaceful solutions or something. This will go a long way furthur toward getting what you want, rather then praying.
    Now chanting Gods name. Thats a whole different story.
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:241 edit
    I really want to know how people imiagine Him, so please answer. Do you imiagine Him siting beside you, interested in every word you say or more listening a bit. Slightly aloof, judging your prayer a little?
    As an old man who looks a tiny bit like your earthly farther maybe? Or like a face with no shape opposite you? Do you close your eyes to help you imiagine?

I know how He is described I'm not asking that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree