1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont pray . The last time I did i was 8 and God for a motorbike. Of course I did not get a motorbike and I know why. Everything I need is here already. Praying is just saying to God that you are unsatisfied with what is around you .
    If you want to pray for less violence,for example, just go out there offer up some peaceful solutions or something. Th ...[text shortened]... ing what you want, rather then praying.
    Now chanting Gods name. Thats a whole different story.
    Jesus prayed to God.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:40
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Jesus prayed to God.
    So what? Am I supposed to be in awe or something?
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well for example. Are Church together does a thing called a S.H.A.P.E. Journal. S is for scripture what verse stood out to you today. H is for hearing from God. A is for applying what you heard from God. and P is for praying to God. and E is for exalting God.

Hear is a sample entry:
    S "Oh, that you would burst from the heavens and come down! How the mount ...[text shortened]... now.

E Today I’m thankful for my wife, kids and your provisions for a comfortable home.
    So how do you imiagine God? Perhaps I ask to much to ask how you imiagine Him? Is it too private?
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:46
    So what? Am I supposed to be in awe or something?
    You puzzle me totally. You don't pray to God becasue it's pointless- right? I'm saying if Jesus prayed to God then it's not pointless.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:56
    You puzzle me totally. You don't pray to God becasue it's pointless- right? I'm saying if Jesus prayed to God then it's not pointless.
    Cool! Jesus prayed to God. So what? Its just one way to go.
    I dont believe its pointless from one perspective but ultimately...yes I do think its pointless.
    What,in your popinion, would be a good thing to pray for?
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 08:17
    Cool! Jesus prayed to God. So what? Its just one way to go.
    I dont believe its pointless from one perspective but ultimately...yes I do think its pointless.
    What,in your popinion, would be a good thing to pray for?
    I pray my children will be safe, that the Holy Spirt will comfort me and others when we hurt, that God will break curses and heal.
    We are not so powerful that we can go and solve world problems without prayer.
  7. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 13:36
    I believe God is actually listening.
  8. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 13:43
    Is it within the rules of RHP to ask god for guidence before making my chess moves?It is common to ask him to bless your food before you eat, ect.It seems to me that if god does exist and answers prayers it shouldn´t be allowed for him to help with my chess moves.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:42
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Is it within the rules of RHP to ask god for guidence before making my chess moves?It is common to ask him to bless your food before you eat, ect.It seems to me that if god does exist and answers prayers it shouldn´t be allowed for him to help with my chess moves.
    Why not?
  10. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:17
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Why not?
    Outside help- like using a computer.
  11. Joined
    29 May '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:27
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    As far as I know, it is against the rules to ask for outside guidance before making a move.
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 22:48
    Originally posted by whiteknight26
    I believe God is actually listening.
    What do you think he looks like?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 23:04
    Please answer I'd really like to know.
    When you pray do you imiagine God lsitening or an angel ready to take your prayer up to God, maybe the stamp on the envelope being 'In Jesus Christ Amen' Or do you pray to thin air?
    The only way God will hear your prayer is thru Jesus. John 14:6,14. 1Tim 2:5. John 15:16 & 16:23,24. 1Cor 1:2. Eph 2:18.

"This kind of throws that Trinity thing out the window too."
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 23:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The only way God will hear your prayer is thru Jesus. John 14:6,14. 1Tim 2:5. John 15:16 & 16:23,24. 1Cor 1:2. Eph 2:18.

"This kind of throws that Trinity thing out the window too."
    I must be tired becasue I can not work out what you're intensions are here. I truelly have no idea! PLease this question is put to people who do pray. Is that you? If so can you please tell me what you imiagine when you talk to God; is He sitting next to you in all His fineary or dose He send His angles to act as post makers and only reading the prayer after you've sealed it with your stamp; your methord of getting the prayer accepted. Maybe He welcomes you with open arms and you rest in Him and it's like a listening and talking time?
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 00:00
    Please answer I'd really like to know.
    When you pray do you imiagine God lsitening or an angel ready to take your prayer up to God, maybe the stamp on the envelope being 'In Jesus Christ Amen' Or do you pray to thin air?
    I pray directly to God,and He hears my prayers, your prayers, and everyone's prayers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree