1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 00:46
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I must be tired becasue I can not work out what you're intensions are here. I truelly have no idea! PLease this question is put to people who do pray. Is that you? If so can you please tell me what you imiagine when you talk to God; is He sitting next to you in all His fineary or dose He send His angles to act as post makers and only reading the prayer aft ...[text shortened]... e welcomes you with open arms and you rest in Him and it's like a listening and talking time?
    I think you are tired because I don't understand your question..Sorry.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 00:53
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Outside help- like using a computer.
    He will help you, but not always in chess, that's like saying that I can't wear a certain shirt while making my move because I play better with it.
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 01:55
    Please answer I'd really like to know.
    When you pray do you imiagine God lsitening or an angel ready to take your prayer up to God, maybe the stamp on the envelope being 'In Jesus Christ Amen' Or do you pray to thin air?
    Romans *: 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 17:29
    Originally posted by duecer
    Romans *: 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will
    In the book I last read (chasing the dragon) Opium addicts have been freed from their addiction painlessly when they prayed in toungues. Fasinating book you might like it.

Duecer do you imiagine God when you pray to Him?
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 17:36
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I pray directly to God,and He hears my prayers, your prayers, and everyone's prayers.
    I agree. I just wondered if you see, in your head, an imiage of Him as you talk to Him?
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 21:32
    I agree. I just wondered if you see, in your head, an imiage of Him as you talk to Him?
    No, I do not.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 23:24
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    No, I do not.
    Do you ever wonder or speculate as to His apperence or personality? I mean other then what the Bible says. If He has ever spoken directally to you, did that let you know Him better, as Rene asked in the other thread?
  8. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 23:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Cool! Jesus prayed to God. So what? Its just one way to go.
    I dont believe its pointless from one perspective but ultimately...yes I do think its pointless.
    What,in your popinion, would be a good thing to pray for?
    So ultimatly you can't really make up your mind? its either pointless or it isn't
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 23:50
    An Emo Philips quote springs to mind.

'When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.'
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 23:562 edits
    So how do you imiagine God? Perhaps I ask to much to ask how you imiagine Him? Is it too private?
    I imiagine God for how he is described in all areas of the Bible.
  11. Joined
    18 Apr '09
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 01:14
    It's about a higher power, not imagery. Faith and belief, living a life that is worthy of Him. In closing one's eyes, it's about feeling closer to that power.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 01:22
    Originally posted by barstudd
    So ultimatly you can't really make up your mind? its either pointless or it isn't
    Like I said it depends on your perspective. Why cant it be both? The universe is a paradox after all. Is it not?
  13. weedhopper
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 04:46
    Do you ever wonder or speculate as to His apperence or personality? I mean other then what the Bible says. If He has ever spoken directally to you, did that let you know Him better, as Rene asked in the other thread?
    No I haven't. Since God is spirit, and I've never seen a spirit, I have no frame of reference to use for trying to guess what He might look like. Spirits being invisible would make the point moot anyway, I believe.
    No, I can't say the God has ever spoken to me. I generally do all the talking 🙂
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 12:27
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I imiagine God for how he is described in all areas of the Bible.
    Here is an extract of description from the Bible;
    “As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.” (Is. 62.5b NIV)

To take that in, that's God looking aprovingly and rejocingly over you/ I. I find that hard to imiagine and so except, I mean it's logical. -Are you saying you can truelly picture that? I'm not doubting you and I can see that it's black and white; that's how God's personality is, He is the sorce of love and no human can give more then He dose. But actually taking that in, imiagining it happening. Do you get what I'm asking?
  15. Joined
    18 Apr '09
    Moves
    17 Aug '09 18:211 edit
    Thanks for asking again.

It was God's breath that created the world. Prayer is appealing to the Essence, the Spirit of God. Do you get what I mean? When I meditate, there are images, when I pray, it's focused. I know where I'm going w/ it. When you meditate you let go, and images arise. When you pray, the images are already there. Your images. Which begs your question - what do you see 🙄 ... it's so personal...but that's mine. I can imagine Jesus, flowing hair and robes, God, not so much.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree