A question of honesty

A question of honesty

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
It's a fact that truth is foreign to ignorance and at first stings. As Mal Pancoast succinctly observed: "The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off."
so...therefore... whatever pisses you off ...must be the truth...therefore the doctrine of eternal suffering is true.

🙄

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Nov 14

Joe, one additional biblical facet to add to your accurate delineation of the present scene which will eventually see the light of day in "God's person..." if and when it's able to continue: as human beings our point of contact with God is His Justice (Psalms 72:2; 1 Chronicles 16:14; Psalms 105:7). Justice and Righteousness [the Integrity of God] provi ...[text shortened]... Mal Pancoast succinctly observed: "The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off."
I hear you Bobby.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
He was obviously talking to divegeester. Don't you follow this forum at all, or not remember what you've read previously? He's taken dive to task for bashing Christians before.
And obviously not able to use the "reply & quote button.

Anyway - what are you doing talking to the grown-ups?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
And obviously not able to use the "reply & quote button.

Anyway - what are you doing talking to the grown-ups?
What grown ups?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
I hear you Bobby.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 Make it a great day.

Moves
09 Nov 14

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 Make it a great day.
It's so tough being challenged on what you believe isn't. People being forthright, upfront, sincere, lacking in guile, generating honest debate. Let's avoid that, let's close ranks with those of the hive-mind, defend through a bland obsequious pretense of unity. No wonder the lost turn away.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by divegeester
It's so tough being challenged on what you believe isn't. People being forthright, upfront, sincere, lacking in guile, generating honest debate. Let's avoid that, let's close ranks with those of the hive-mind, defend through a bland obsequious pretense of unity. No wonder the lost turn away.
"For the word of God is quick [alive], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner [a critic] of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)

Moves
09 Nov 14

"For the word of God is quick [alive], and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,
and is a discerner [a critic] of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
Do you realise how lame it is to lazily quote unreferenced scripture in a debate?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Nov 14
1 edit

Do you realise how lame it is to lazily quote unreferenced scripture in a debate?
Originally posted by divegeester (OP)
My question is to RJHinds.

You claim you are a Christian, can you answer this before God:

During your time at RHP have you ever been assisted in your chess games buy either a chess engine/computer or any other illegal mechanism?

"... debate" or "A question of honesty"? God's Word is the absolute authority for a believer in Christ!

Edit Note: "unreferenced scripture" is already given reference as Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)

Moves
09 Nov 14

God's Word is the absolute authority for a believer in Christ!
Do you have a point to make related to this exchange or are you just going to post meaningless platitudes which no doubt have a passive aggressive agenda?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Nov 14
1 edit

Do you have a point to make related to this exchange or are you just going to post meaningless platitudes which no doubt have a passive aggressive agenda?
In the unfortunate event that neither your parents nor your pastor/teacher nor your family friend Peter Newman have never informed you, the Word of God is not to be dismissed as a collection of "meaningless platitudes" by a believer in Christ.

Read a book!

Moves
09 Nov 14

Bobby wears scripture like a suit of armor.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
What grown ups?
The other folk on here.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 14

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Bobby wears scripture like a suit of armor.
Yes, medieval protection against laser-guided questioning.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 14
12 edits

I know you enjoying trying to come across as a theologist of sorts, but you lost all credibility with me when you stated:

"the lost will be hung in chains of eternal punishment as a warning to those on other worlds"

I suppose that Isaiah 66:23,24 must have caused the Bible to lose all credibility with you too.

"And from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath all flesh will come to bow down before Me, says Jehovah.

Then they will go forth and look on the carcases of the men that have transgressed against Me; For their worm will not die, Nor will their fire be quenched;

AND THEY SHALL BE AN ABHORRENCE TO ALL FLESH."

I suppose the Word of God lost all credibility with you too then.

And another passage in Daniel speaking of some being resurrected to everlasting shame -

"And many of those who are sleeping in the dust of the ground will awake, some to life eternal and some to reproach, to eternal contempt [everlasting shame]." (Daniel 12:2,3)

Before I lost all credibility by saying pretty much what these passages say, albeit with perhaps some poetic license with the use of "chains" from Jude 5:6 - "eternal bonds [or chains]" , the Bible lost credibility with you.

Both these passages convey:

1.) The punishment of these enemies of God is not tucked away in secret but can be observed by the saved.

2.) Their situation is non-escapable which is paramount to "eternal chains" or some equivalent.

The Bible lost credibility with you long before I did.

And compounded this fruit-loopery with your explanation that the suffering in eternal hell of those who mistreat you, empowers you to forgive them.

To me your clinging to this aspect of our exchange simply exposes your lack of good alternative explanation of some straightforward words of the Bible.

However, even if I did say that I was eager that those who mistreat me are damned [which is not what I meant], would I not have some ground based on the Apostle Paul's exhortation to the Thessalonians ? No fruit loopery here -

"A plain indication of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be accounted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which also you suffer.

Since it is just with God to repay with affliction those afflicting you.

And to you who are being afflicted, rest with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with the angels of His power, in flaming fire.

Rendering vengeance to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His strength

When He comes to be glorified in His saints ..." ( 2 Thess. 1:5-10a)

Looks to me like Paul telling the afflicted, because of mistreatment for being Christians, to rest with the apostles, because of the vengeance God will enact upon those who mistreat the believers.

Has Second Thessalonians also caused all credibility of the New Testament to be lost to you?

NOTE: The "mistreatment" appears not to be for ANY old reason, but rather "affliction" because of the saints' Christian testimony.

Having said all this, I simply said that knowing that the last Judge and the last judgment empower me to forgive knowing that personal offense is not as important as God's balancing all the scales infallibly at the end of age.