A real life dilemma - tonight!

A real life dilemma - tonight!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
I don't think you have told us us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you in terms of this topic.
Correct. I said that I was in the process of answering it and that my answer depended on you understanding some concepts first. But since you seem totally resistant to discussing certain concepts, I think its time to give up. For some reason you simply don't want to really and honestly discuss morality and I can only speculate as to why.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
13 Feb 12

Originally posted by divegeester
This is not another 'academic' JW blood transfusion argument thread, this is real life. I honestly state that this is absolutely genuine - happening to me tonight.

My wife is quite ill and has been taken into hospital suddenly today as she has been diagnosed today as being acutely anaemic, to the point of struggling to climb a flight of stairs, dizzi ...[text shortened]... erious question to JWs and anyone else with a view on blood transfusions is, what should I do?
What you're going to do. Transfuse.

F

Moves
13 Feb 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
Correct. I said that I was in the process of answering it and that my answer depended on you understanding some concepts first. But since you seem totally resistant to discussing certain concepts, I think its time to give up. For some reason you simply don't want to really and honestly discuss morality and I can only speculate as to why.
It seems to me that you have stated this opinion over and over again in different ways. I don't think you have told us us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you in terms of blood transfusions. We will just have to agree to disagree, I suppose.

Cape Town

Moves
13 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
It seems to me that you have stated this opinion over and over again in different ways. I don't think you have told us us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you in terms of blood transfusions. We will just have to agree to disagree, I suppose.
Yes, I haven't told you. That is exactly what I say in the post you responded to. I am in the process of telling you, but you have no interest in listening.
It is not about agreeing to disagree, we don't disagree on most things.
You are just not willing to be honest about the issues involved.

F

Moves
13 Feb 12

You are just not willing to be honest about the issues involved.
You keep saying this over and over and over again, twhitehead. I really don't know why. People can read what you posted and decide for themselves. As far as I am concerned we are on page 18 of this thread and you still haven't offered anything of substance about blood transfusions and superstition and needless deaths. If others think you have, then that is fine by me. 😵

F

Moves
13 Feb 12
1 edit

And no, I am not being incoherent, that is just you trying to avoid answering difficult questions.
10 Feb '11...
Originally posted by FMF
Why not just tell us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you?

I have to some extent.

11 Feb '11...
Originally posted by FMF
Why not just tell us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you?

I have answered several times but you are not listening.

12 Feb '11...
Originally posted by FMF
Meanwhile you don't want to tell us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you,

I have answered that challenge several times now. Go back and read the thread over.

12 Feb '11...
Originally posted by FMF
I don't think you have told us us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you in terms of this topic. You have been too busy talking about Ethiopia. But if you believe that you have answered my "challenge", then that's fine by me.

Correct. I said that I was in the process of answering it and that my answer depended on you understanding some concepts first.

13 Feb '11...
Originally posted by FMF
I don't think you have told us us where moral responsibility starts and ends for you in terms of blood transfusions.

Yes, I haven't told you. That is exactly what I say in the post you responded to.

I think you are being incoherent.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I think you are being incoherent.
That is because you refuse to read.

I have clearly said several times that I am in the process of giving an answer, but I cannot give a full answer unless and until you understand some basic concepts. However you show such strong resistance to those basic concepts that I have lost hope of you ever understanding it at all. You don't want to know. What I don't yet know is why this is. Is it guilt about something? Is is fear that your claims regarding the OP will be shown to be false? I don't know. What is absolutely clear is that you have no real interest in getting to the bottom of it and you have consistently and deliberately blocked every attempt to do so.

Cape Town

Moves
14 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
You keep saying this over and over and over again, twhitehead. I really don't know why. People can read what you posted and decide for themselves. As far as I am concerned we are on page 18 of this thread and you still haven't offered anything of substance about blood transfusions and superstition and needless deaths. If others think you have, then that is fine by me. 😵
And here on page 18 you still cannot answer one simple question: do you or do you not accept that there is at least one person in Africa who is dying, whose life you could save, but will not save, and that you do not consider yourself morally wrong despite not saving that person.

F

Moves
14 Feb 12
1 edit

And here on page 18 you still cannot answer one simple question: do you or do you not accept that there is at least one person in Africa who is dying, whose life you could save, but will not save, and that you do not consider yourself morally wrong despite not saving that person.
Which person are you referring to?

F

Moves
14 Feb 12

I have clearly said several times that I am in the process of giving an answer, but I cannot give a full answer unless and until you understand some basic concepts.
As I have said before, you are fully entitled to believe this if you want to.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Which person are you referring to?
As I thought. You cant answer it honestly and straight forwardly, you would rather derail the discussion with stupid questions.

PS.
1. There was nothing hypothetical in the question.
2. I did not use the word "neglect".
3. What you do and where you live is irrelevant.
4. I have not specified a particular person.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
As I have said before, you are fully entitled to believe this if you want to.
Believe what? There in no belief involved.

F

Moves
15 Feb 12

As I thought. You cant answer it honestly and straight forwardly, you would rather derail the discussion with stupid questions.

PS.
1. There was nothing hypothetical in the question.
2. I did not use the word "neglect".
3. What you do and where you live is irrelevant.
4. I have not specified a particular person.
Say the question was 'if an uttended pram is rolling down the platform in Jakarta and the baby is going to fall under a train would it be wrong to let the baby die?' What relevance would a pram rolling down the platform in Addis Ababa have to the discussion?

Meanwhile, you still haven't stated where moral responsibility starts and ends for you with regard to donating blood to save a life.

F

Moves
15 Feb 12

Believe what? There in no belief involved.
You are entitled to believe whatever you want.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
Say the question was 'if an uttended pram is rolling down the platform in Jakarta and the baby is going to fall under a train would it be wrong to let the baby die?' What relevance would a pram rolling down the platform in Addis Ababa have to the discussion?
None as far as I can tell. Whats the point? Is this just another of your ridiculous attempts to derail the discussion?

Meanwhile, you still haven't stated where moral responsibility starts and ends for you with regard to donating blood to save a life.
Correct.