1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 09:381 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If you want to call me a wife murderer, just come out and say it, i
    dont mind.
    It is you who has introduced the words "wife murderer" into this conversation, not me, robbie.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 09:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you would provide the transfusion if it was necessary, to either woman or indeed to divegeester or to me, for instance? You should have just said so at the outset rather than getting nasty, robbie.
    If i was a doctor i would be under duress to comply with your medical wishes, as it is,
    my right of self determination has no relevance to anyone but me personally, why this
    fact should have escaped your notice, i cannot say, making all insinuations on the basis
    of what others do with their own bodies, look rather silly, dont you think. I was not
    getting nasty i am merely questioning the relevance of me or my family to this scenario
    and as you have provided no valid basis i must sadly assume its simply another stab
    in the back, thanks, its what i have come to expect.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 09:581 edit
    If i was a doctor i would be under duress to comply with your medical wishes, as it is,
    my right of self determination has no relevance to anyone but me personally, why this
    fact should have escaped your notice, i cannot say, making all insinuations on the basis
    of what others do with their own bodies, look rather silly, dont you think. I was ...[text shortened]... ust sadly assume its simply another stab
    in the back, thanks, its what i have come to expect.
    Now you've become kind of unclear. You would provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary or you wouldn't?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 10:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Now you've become kind of unclear. You would provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary or you wouldn't?
    I wouldn't take a blood transfusion, my right of self determination has relevance only to
    me, what other people do with their own bodies is for them to decide, why are you
    asking me what they should do with their own bodies if it has nothing to do with me?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 10:38
    I wouldn't take a blood transfusion, my right of self determination has relevance only to
    me, what other people do with their own bodies is for them to decide, why are you
    asking me what they should do with their own bodies if it has nothing to do with me?
    I am not asking you about what you think people "should do with their own bodies", robbie, as you well know. And I am not asking you whether you would "take a blood transfusion" - again - as you well know. I am asking you if you would provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary or whether you would not?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 10:412 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not asking you about what you think people "should do with their own bodies", robbie, as you well know. And I am not asking you whether you would "take a blood transfusion" - again - as you well know. I am asking you if you would provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary or whether you would not?
    its irrelevant what i think they should do with their own bodies, that's for them to
    decide. why is it irrelevant? because i have no jurisdiction over what a person does or
    does not wish to happen to their own bodies, this is the very essence of the right of self
    determination, your questions are ignoring this rather fundamental premise and are
    looking rather silly as a consequence.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 10:53
    its irrelevant what i think they should do with their own bodies, that's for them to
    decide. why is it irrelevant? because i have no jurisdiction over what a person does or
    does not wish to happen to their own bodies, this is the very essence of the right of self
    determination, your questions are ignoring this rather fundamental premise and are
    looking rather silly as a consequence.
    As I made quite clear in the previous post, the question I am asking you is not about "what [you] think other people should do with their own bodies", nor is it about whether you have "jurisdiction over what a person does" or what "happens to [other people's] bodies".

The question I am asking you is, would you - or would you not - provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary? There it is, point blank, again.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    As I made quite clear in the previous post, the question I am asking you is not about "what [you] think other people should do with their own bodies", nor is it about whether you have "jurisdiction over what a person does" or what "happens to [other people's] bodies".

The question I am asking you is, would you - or would you not - provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary? There it is, point blank, again.
    you are asking me what medical treatment other people should seek? that's up to
    them. If i was a doctor, which i am not, i am under duress to comply with the patients
    wishes, if they wished a blood transfusion, i would be under duress to administer it, if
    they did not, i would also be under duress to support their wishes and seek alternative
    treatment, thankfully i am not a doctor.

I repeat, what other people wish to do with their own bodies is their business, not
    mine. There is it, point blank, AGAIN.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:08
    you are asking me what medical treatment other people should seek?
    No, robbie. I'm not asking you that. I am asking you, point blank, yet again, would you - or would you not - provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:10
    I repeat, what other people wish to do with their own bodies is their business, not
    mine. There is it, point blank, AGAIN.
    You are repeating an answer to a question I am not asking. Here, for the fourth or fifth time, is the question you are avoiding: would you provide a blood transfusion if it were necessary to do so?
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This is not another 'academic' JW blood transfusion argument thread, this is real life. I honestly state that this is absolutely genuine - happening to me tonight.

My wife is quite ill and has been taken into hospital suddenly today as she has been diagnosed today as being acutely anaemic, to the point of struggling to climb a flight of stairs, dizzi ...[text shortened]... erious question to JWs and anyone else with a view on blood transfusions is, what should I do?
    hope you and your good wife are doing well. im sure whatever peoples beliefs are on this forum we have all at some point spent time sat in hospital waiting rooms, nerves jangling and that horrible sickening feeling in the pit of our stomach and can empathize with you. your post certainly brought back some memories for me.

id go for the transfusion in a blink of an eye. its just a liquid that transports oxygen around the body. i thought jw's had moved on and now accepted blood, or so i was told by a jw i used to work with.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, robbie. I'm not asking you that. I am asking you, point blank, yet again, would you - or would you not - provide blood by way of a transfusion if it was necessary?
    your question has no relevance to me, ignores the principle of self determination
    entirely and is therefore rather silly, what other people do with their own bodies is their
    affair, not mine, end of.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:262 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    hope you and your good wife are doing well. im sure whatever peoples beliefs are on this forum we have all at some point spent time sat in hospital waiting rooms, nerves jangling and that horrible sickening feeling in the pit of our stomach and can empathize with you. your post certainly brought back some memories for me.

id go for the transfus ...[text shortened]... thought jw's had moved on and now accepted blood, or so i was told by a jw i used to work with.
    actually the medical profession has moved on and there are now lots of alternative
    treatments, but you never knew that, clearly you need to check your sources, once
    again, they prove to be inaccurate. Do you people ever get anything right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree