1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your question has no relevance to me, ignores the principle of self determination
    entirely and is therefore rather silly, what other people do with their own bodies is their
    affair, not mine, end of.
    How can the question "Would you provide blood by way of a transfusion if necessary?" be deemed "irrelevant to [you]"? I am asking you if you would provide someone with blood if there was no other solution. I am asking you if you would provide blood if you had to. Totally relevant. Totally on topic. Totally point blank. Again.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:302 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    How can the question "Would you provide blood by way of a transfusion if necessary?" be deemed "irrelevant to [you]"? I am asking you if you would provide someone with blood if there was no other solution. I am asking you if you would provide blood if you had to. Totally relevant. Totally on topic. Totally point blank. Again.
    your question has no relevance to me, ignores the principle of self determination
    entirely and is therefore rather silly, what other people do with their own bodies is their
    affair, not mine
    , end of.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:32
    affair, not mine, end of.
    I am not asking you about "what other people do with their own bodies", robbie. I am asking if you would provide blood to save someone's life? Not "rather silly". Serious.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:332 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not asking you about "what other people do with their own bodies", robbie. I am asking if you would provide blood to save someone's life? Not "rather silly". Serious.
    I am in no position to discuss any form of medical treatment that concerns other
    people, what other people wish to do with their own bodies is their concern, not
    mine.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:35
    I am in no position to discuss any form, of medical treatment that concerns other
    people, what other people to with their own bodies is their concern, not mine.
    The topic - my question - is not about "what other people [do] to with their own bodies [being] their concern". Would you - not someone else - provide blood to save someone's life?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:351 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The topic - my question - is not about "what other people [do] to with their own bodies [being] their concern". Would you - not someone else - provide blood to save someone's life?
    I am in no position to discuss any form of medical treatment that concerns other
    people, what other people wish to do with their own bodies is their concern, not
    mine. I respect their right of self determination.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:361 edit
    mine.
    "What other people wish to do with their own bodies" is not the subject of my question here, nor is other people's "right of self determination". I am asking you if you would provide blood to save another person's life.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    "What other people wish to do with their own bodies" is not the subject of my question here. I am asking you if you would provide blood to save another person's life.
    Again,

9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:37
    Again,

Would you provide blood to save another person's life?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you provide blood to save another person's life?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:39
    Surely you are "in a position to discuss" whether you would provide blood if it were needed to save a human life?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely you are "in a position to discuss" whether you would provide blood if it were needed to save a human life?
    nope, I am in no position to discuss any form of medical treatment that concerns other
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:41
    I wonder if anyone else here is finding robbie's evasion rather peculiar.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wonder if anyone else here is finding robbie's evasion rather peculiar.
    I wonder if anyone finds your aversion to the right of self determination rather puzzling.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 11:43
    I wonder if anyone finds your aversion to the right of self determination rather puzzling.
    I do believe you have the "the right of self determination", robbie, of course, but you seem to be using it to avoid answering a point blank question about whether or not your principles would allow you to donate blood if it were necessary for you to do so to save a human life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree