1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 06:43
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    What about Christians who became atheists? Presumably they have had similar experiences with other Christians and so would be able to discount the possibility that other Christians have a unique access to truth.
    People who say they are Christian and people who are Christian are two different things.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:03
    Originally posted by chappy1
    My point is, why can't you just let it be? Have you ever considered that maybe theists and people of faith have possibly experienced something that you haven't? Why is that stupidity? Just because people who are Christian proudly proclaim their faith does not make them stupid or low level thinkers it means they have had a different experience than you hav ...[text shortened]... g you say here is going to change anyone who has genuine faith in Jesus to change their minds.
    As soon as you guys provide me with any reasonable evidence to think it's not a huge load I'll happily let you explore it all you want.

If you want someone to blame for the way I am, blame the theists here. I started off here just looking at the evolution threads, and was shocked by the blatant lies that were being posted by the theistic community. The Dover trial made me aware of the issue that conservative "Christians" are trying to dismantle both science and world governments - they won't rest until they have done it. The more and more I have looked at religion the less and less redeeming features i have seen of it, the more disgraceful the behaviours have been. Nothing I have ever seen has given me even the slightest pause for thought about the veracity of these barbaric, bronze age superstitions. We can send a man to the moon, yet we continue to indoctrinate innocent children with unsupported nonsense.

I used to not give a hoot about religion - I didn't care.

You want to know who created me? People like you.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:04
    People who say they are Christian and people who are Christian are two different things.
    Yes, the former exists, the latter doesn't.

Give me $100.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:07
    See that's just the thing, faith cannot be lumped in with everything else because faith is essentially something believed and not seen. I cannot prove to you that I believe God exists so that you believe it nor can you prove to me that He doesn't. Faith is a conviction inside an individual brought upon by the Holy Spirit.

For you to call people of fai ...[text shortened]... t wouldn't matter what you said or tried to prove to me because I know what real Truth is.
    There is no evidence either for or against invisible anal monkeys either. That doesn't mean we should believe in them.

Faith is a conviction within people brought about by people. If you are going to posit a Holy Spirit, you'd better dam-well prove it. Otherwise, you have exactly the same amount of evidence as the Scientologists.

I just called most of the world stupid? Fine. Most of the world's population ARE stupid.
  5. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:16
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    There is no evidence either for or against invisible anal monkeys either. That doesn't mean we should believe in them.

Faith is a conviction within people brought about by people. If you are going to posit a Holy Spirit, you'd better dam-well prove it. Otherwise, you have exactly the same amount of evidence as the Scientologists.

I just called most of the world stupid? Fine. Most of the world's population ARE stupid.
    Please go to this website.
    http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:21
    As soon as you guys provide me with any reasonable evidence to think it's not a huge load I'll happily let you explore it all you want.

If you want someone to blame for the way I am, blame the theists here. I started off here just looking at the evolution threads, and was shocked by the blatant lies that were being posted by the theistic community. ...[text shortened]... hoot about religion - I didn't care.

The complexity of nature should be proof enough.

Theists have nothing to do with your.......metamorphosis. It just sounds like you've got other issues within...... a deep seeded anger for people like me who have found something that is real and you can't handle it. I hope someday you open your eyes so that you can see and open your ears so that you can hear.

I really don't care about religion per se either because it's faith in Jesus that's the issue- not tradition or ritual.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:22
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Hence, assuming biblical inerrancy, ....
    But nobody with even the slightest amount of sense assumes both biblical inerrancy and biblical interpretation inerrancy. So unless you can show that your interpretation is inerrant, you cannot really make any conclusions based on biblical inerrancy. 🙂
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:22
    Please go to this website.
    http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/
    This has been so completely taken apart on these very forums that no sensible person could possibly take it seriously. It presents numerous false choices, and does not allow the selection of valid choices.

More rubbish. Nothing, no-one, over the last 4 years has managed to provide even the slightest shred of credible evidence. You think you can? Good luck.

p.s. give me $100.
  9. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:23

If you want someone to blame for the way I am, blame the theists here. I started off here just looking at the evolution threads, and was shocked by the blatant lies that were being posted by the theistic community. ...[text shortened]... hoot about religion - I didn't care.

You'll happily LET me explore it all I want. Gee, thanks for your permission. I was not aware I had to get your permission.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:23

Theists have nothing to do with your.......metamorphosis. It just sounds like you've got other issues within...... a deep seeded anger for people like me who have found something that is real and you can't handle it. I hope someday you open your eyes so that you can see and open your ears so that you can ...[text shortened]... ligion per se either because it's faith in Jesus that's the issue- not tradition or ritual.
    The complexity of nature is explained by Darwin.

Where's my $100??
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:24
    Explain your proof.

Keep in mind that unless you are very very careful I will use your proof to prove that Gods complexity is proof that there is a greater God than himself.
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:28
    You'll happily LET me explore it all I want. Gee, thanks for your permission. I was not aware I had to get your permission.
    Okay, how about, if you can prove to me that religion isn't a sham I'll leave you alone.
  13. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Explain your proof.

Keep in mind that unless you are very very careful I will use your proof to prove that Gods complexity is proof that there is a greater God than himself.
    Who else but God could invent DNA?
  14. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:30
    Okay, how about, if you can prove to me that religion isn't a sham I'll leave you alone.
    Religion isn't important as I've said it's faith in Jesus that's important.
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 07:32
    Religion isn't important as I've said it's faith in Jesus that's important.
    okay, well on an Atheist chat radio program I'm currently listening to, a pastor (or ex-pastor, actually) freely admits that there is no historical evidence of Jesus ever existing.

Even better, Nazareth didn't exist until the 2nd Century AD - Jesus could not have been from there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree