1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55242
    08 Jun '08 06:151 edit
    Especially for Josephw, the most productive religious zealot in our community.

    Just answer the questions one for one. You receive 1 point for every "yes"
    answer:

    1. Have you ever smelled God (and no, a flower is a flower and isn't God)?
    2. Have you ever touched God?
    3. Have you ever heard God?
    4. Have you ever seen God?
    5. Have you ever tasted God (excluding oral sex with myself)?
    6. Are you using anti-psychotic drugs?

    If you score:

    0 points:
    See. God doesn't exist. No need to worry.

    1 to 5 points:
    Really now? Are you sure you aren't fibbing? Maybe you should see a shrink, it's basically unhealthy to hear things that nobody else can hear.

    6 points:
    At least your working on your problems.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Joined
    14 Jan '07
    Moves
    58559
    08 Jun '08 10:50
    Why would you write this Shav?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    08 Jun '08 11:05
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Why would you write this Shav?
    Because it's funny and true.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jun '08 11:23
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Why would you write this Shav?
    Don't worry yim, while shav recognises that I am the most "productive religious zealot" in this community, it is also recognised that he is the most blasphemous. It doesn't bother me.

    I'll give him this though, he has a sense of humor, and that's hopeful.

    Even shav isn't beyond the reach of God!
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jun '08 11:26
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Especially for Josephw, the most productive religious zealot in our community.

    Just answer the questions one for one. You receive 1 point for every "yes"
    answer:

    1. Have you ever smelled God (and no, a flower is a flower and isn't God)?
    2. Have you ever touched God?
    3. Have you ever heard God?
    4. Have you ever seen God?
    5. Have you ever tasted G ...[text shortened]... ar things that nobody else can hear.

    6 points:
    At least your working on your problems.
    Ps 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

    Do you think shav, that God is comprehensible to the physical senses?
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55242
    08 Jun '08 17:56
    Originally posted by josephw

    Do you think shav, that God is comprehensible to the physical senses?
    Well, me being an atheist makes that question a little silly now, doesn't it?
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    55242
    08 Jun '08 17:57
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Why would you write this Shav?
    "Why not?" is the obvious answer.

    However, what I'm trying to make clear is that if someone has any reason other than a "hunch" that God exists, then he or she is clearly as mad as a hatter on LSD and in serious need of help.
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    08 Jun '08 17:59
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    "Why not?" is the obvious answer.

    However, what I'm trying to make clear is that if someone has any reason other than a "hunch" that God exists, then he or she is clearly as mad as a hatter on LSD and in serious need of help.
    For example:

    YouTube
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jun '08 20:10
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Well, me being an atheist makes that question a little silly now, doesn't it?
    Not really. Even as an atheist you cannot logically deny the existence of God simply because you can't see, hear, feel, smell, taste, or touch Him. That would mean you have your head in a box. Closing the door to the possibility of the existence of things beyond your physical senses is the epitome of closed mindedness.

    Wouldn't it be safer to call yourself an agnostic? 😉
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jun '08 20:14
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    "Why not?" is the obvious answer.

    However, what I'm trying to make clear is that if someone has any reason other than a "hunch" that God exists, then he or she is clearly as mad as a hatter on LSD and in serious need of help.
    Who ever said "I have a hunch" god exists, therefor I believe? 🙄
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    9174
    08 Jun '08 20:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    Closing the door to the possibility of the existence of things beyond your physical senses is the epitome of closed mindedness.

    Wouldn't it be safer to call yourself an agnostic? 😉
    Do you allow for there not being a god?

    Nothing you have said on this forum has made me suggest that you do. That would make you equally as closed minded.

    Also, I can't speak for someone else, but allowing for the possibility of there being a god doesn't make you an agnostic.

    I am an atheist and I believe there is no god, but I don't think there is a 0% possibility of god existing - I just don't believe in that which I have no evidence for.
  12. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Joined
    27 Apr '02
    Moves
    16879
    08 Jun '08 21:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not really. Even as an atheist you cannot logically deny the existence of God simply because you can't see, hear, feel, smell, taste, or touch Him. That would mean you have your head in a box. Closing the door to the possibility of the existence of things beyond your physical senses is the epitome of closed mindedness.

    Wouldn't it be safer to call yourself an agnostic? 😉
    Do you think that Shavixmir is capable of love?
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    08 Jun '08 22:03
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Do you think that Shavixmir is capable of love?
    Yes.

    Although this has nothing whatsoever to do with the existence of God.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    08 Jun '08 22:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    Who ever said "I have a hunch" god exists, therefor I believe? 🙄
    Every theist who has ever existed.
  15. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    08 Jun '08 22:04
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Do you think that Shavixmir is capable of love?
    Of course. We all love.

    Do you think I think atheists are subhuman? I suppose some are, but I know some Christians that are some of the ugliest people you ever want to meet.
Back to Top