1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    a time, and times, and half a time = 1 + 2 + 1/2 = 3 1/2 years, yes? This would be about the same as 1260 days, or 42 months, as you say.

Keep in mind this is AFTER the AntiChrist is revealed and he shows his true mission upon the earth. For the 3 1/2 years BEFORE this is when he comes to power and the whole world comes to follow him. The Bible warns ...[text shortened]... n of our Lord Jesus Christ to finally defeat Satan and death and hell and establish his Kingdom.
    The truth is that there is no mention of a seven years of Great Tribulation in the Holy Bible. That was made up and passed along by some prophecy teachers by misinterpretation and application of scripture. There is only the 42 months mentioned as I have pointed out.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:46
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Revelations is only just a part of the Bible. There are serious arguments in favour of leaving it out. You may want to take the precise predictions with a pinch of salt.
    Much of whay you read about in Revelation can be found in Daniel.

You may want to read it before claiming to be an expert on it.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 01:53
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Revelations is only just a part of the Bible. There are serious arguments in favour of leaving it out. You may want to take the precise predictions with a pinch of salt.

Not with a pinch of salt so much as with a lot of Christ.

It is after all "The revelation of Jesus Christ ..."
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 19:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The truth is that there is no mention of a seven years of Great Tribulation in the Holy Bible. That was made up and passed along by some prophecy teachers by misinterpretation and application of scripture. There is only the 42 months mentioned as I have pointed out.
    No, I'm pretty sure the Great Tribulation is seven years long, with 3 1/2 years of "miracles" from him before he starts his reign of terror. This is how he gains the confidence of the whole world. Halfway through, he receives a grievous head wound which supposedly "kills" him, and then he will be said to resurrect himself from the dead and this is when he starts saying he is God and requiring all to worship him or die.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 19:20
    No, I'm pretty sure the Great Tribulation is seven years long, with 3 1/2 years of "miracles" from him before he starts his reign of terror. This is how he gains the confidence of the whole world. Halfway through, he receives a grievous head wound which supposedly "kills" him, and then he will be said to resurrect himself from the dead and this is when he starts saying he is God and requiring all to worship him or die.
    Sister if you have a question for me, I would be glad to help if I can.

As you have probably seen on some details we differ, this student of the Word and myself.

Feel free to ask me if you want my take on the matter.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Sep '14 19:58
    That may or may not be true. However, my point is that there is nothing in scripture that says that the Great Tribulation will be 7 years long. I don't believe you could consider a period of miracles as part of the Great Tribulation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree