1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 12:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I was asking whether something is an abomination based on whether it is in the law. If the law says eating seafood is an abomination and then the law is nullified, is eating seafood no longer an abomination? If so, then why don't we just use a word like 'crime' or 'illegal'?
    you are free to find an alternative translation
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 13:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christians are no longer under the Mosiac law, this fact makes your assertions against Christians the pure straw that it purports to be! so sad, a potential piece of trolling gone to waste, just like that.
    Not to harp on this, but I love how christains , these days, use the scripture to their own benefit. Tithing was part of the Mosiac law, but in all churches it has become a primary issue. However, the one thing Jesus asks of us, almost no one does. Or they do it once in a while. "Do this in remembrance of me". The breaking of the bread.
  3. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 13:41
    I was asking whether something is an abomination based on whether it is in the law. If the law says eating seafood is an abomination and then the law is nullified, is eating seafood no longer an abomination? If so, then why don't we just use a word like 'crime' or 'illegal'?
    Something to think about concerning the law. Paul states, "those ho know the law will be judged by the law, and those who do not know the law, will be judged by the law written in there hearts."
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 13:51
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Not to harp on this, but I love how christains , these days, use the scripture to their own benefit. Tithing was part of the Mosiac law, but in all churches it has become a primary issue. However, the one thing Jesus asks of us, almost no one does. Or they do it once in a while. "Do this in remembrance of me". The breaking of the bread.
    Jehovahs witnesses have ever tithed anyone nor do we take collections at our meetings, we are simply not prepared to turn the house of the Father into a cave of robbers. The memorial of Christs death was instituted on a annual celebration, it should be practiced annually.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 14:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Jehovahs witnesses have ever tithed anyone nor do we take collections at our meetings, we are simply not prepared to turn the house of the Father into a cave of robbers. The memorial of Christs death was instituted on a annual celebration, it should be practiced annually.
    I think it is ok for you to say ' you rather practice it annually'. It is not correct to say ' it should be practiced annually', as a general rule for everyone. This is the kind of ceremony that is left up to the individuals conscience. People remember Christ and His death is a variety of ways. The breaking of bread and drinking of wine is just one of many.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 14:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think it is ok for you to say ' you rather practice it annually'. It is not correct to say ' it should be practiced annually', as a general rule for everyone. This is the kind of ceremony that is left up to the individuals conscience. People remember Christ and His death is a variety of ways. The breaking of bread and drinking of wine is just one of many.
    On the contrary, its my way or the highway!
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 14:45
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    However, the one thing Jesus asks of us, almost no one does. Or they do it once in a while. "Do this in remembrance of me". The breaking of the bread.
    My understanding is that Roman Catholics and Anglicans and various other denominations do this every Sunday. Thats hardly 'almost no one'. Its more than half of all Church attending Christians.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 14:58
    My understanding is that Roman Catholics and Anglicans and various other denominations do this every Sunday. Thats hardly 'almost no one'. Its more than half of all Church attending Christians.
    Correct. I'm Episcopalian (basically American Anglicanism) and we take the Eucharist every Sunday.
  9. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 15:181 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think it is ok for you to say ' you rather practice it annually'..
    It is not OK! When will any understand the difference between a noun and a verb? The verb is "practise" with an "s", the noun is "practice" with a "c". So it is ok for you to say "you rather practise it annually." - verb.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 15:38
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    It is [b]not OK! When will any understand the difference between a noun and a verb? The verb is "practise" with an "s", the noun is "practice" with a "c". So it is ok for you to say "you rather practise it annually." - verb.[/b]
    And when will YOU understand that this is the British spelling?

In American English, practice is the word, noun OR verb.

(Granted, though, this gives Robbie no excuse. 🙂 )
  11. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 16:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And when will YOU understand that this is the British spelling?

In American English, practice is the word, noun OR verb.

(Granted, though, this gives Robbie no excuse. 🙂 )
    Thank you. I stand corrected!
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 20:05
    Thank you. I stand corrected!
    Although, as Wikipedia loves to point out to me most of the time, most of the world that uses English, uses British English over American English.

The English language Wikipedia shows a highly irritating British English preference. I'm guessing that an inordinate number of staff editors are British, and they are constantly editing pages to remove American spellings.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 03:35
    It is [b]not OK! When will any understand the difference between a noun and a verb? The verb is "practise" with an "s", the noun is "practice" with a "c". So it is ok for you to say "you rather practise it annually." - verb.[/b]
    In the US, you can use practice for noun and verb.

The Instructor
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 19:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In the US, you can use practice for noun and verb.

The Instructor
    I feel like I've heard this somewhere before.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '13 19:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I feel like I've heard this somewhere before.
    Really?

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree