1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    31 Oct '13 16:06
    Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination

    Leviticus 11: 10 -11
    10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

    11 They shall be even an abomination unto you[...]


    Isn't it funny how both these actions were called abomination? christians now gorge themselves on lobster, yet if 2 men love each other, they are condemned to an eternity of hell.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    31 Oct '13 16:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination

    Leviticus 11: 10 -11
    10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

    11 They shall be even an abominatio ...[text shortened]... themselves on lobster, yet if 2 men love each other, they are condemned to an eternity of hell.
    This brings up a deeper issue: was the Abominable Snowman gay, or did he just love seafood?
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '13 16:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination

    Leviticus 11: 10 -11
    10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

    11 They shall be even an abominatio ...[text shortened]... themselves on lobster, yet if 2 men love each other, they are condemned to an eternity of hell.
    Christians are no longer under the Mosiac law, this fact makes your assertions against Christians the pure straw that it purports to be! so sad, a potential piece of trolling gone to waste, just like that.
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    31 Oct '13 16:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christians are no longer under the Mosiac law, this fact makes your assertions against Christians the pure straw that it purports to be! so sad, a potential piece of trolling gone to waste, just like that.
    So what is, or is not, an abomination depends on the law?
  5. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51480
    31 Oct '13 16:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christians are no longer under the Mosiac law, this fact makes your assertions against Christians the pure straw that it purports to be! so sad, a potential piece of trolling gone to waste, just like that.
    But the principle remains though?
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    31 Oct '13 17:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christians are no longer under the Mosiac law, this fact makes your assertions against Christians the pure straw that it purports to be! so sad, a potential piece of trolling gone to waste, just like that.
    No, but you claimed to me before that, although the law does not apply in practice, it does 'in principle'.

    So, is eating lobster still morally wrong 'in principle'?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    31 Oct '13 17:39
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    This brings up a deeper issue: was the Abominable Snowman gay, or did he just love seafood?
    hey, I lol'ed. 🙂
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    31 Oct '13 17:40
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    No, but you claimed to me before that, although the law does not apply in practice, it does 'in principle'.

    So, is eating lobster still morally wrong 'in principle'?
    It's still not kosher, if that's what you mean.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '13 18:091 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    No, but you claimed to me before that, although the law does not apply in practice, it does 'in principle'.

    So, is eating lobster still morally wrong 'in principle'?
    no why would it be, the Law with its ordinances was never binding on Christians in practice, it was specifically for the nation of Israel, why this should be hard to comprehend, i cannot say. Eating Lobster is not morally wrong for as Paul mentions, the Kingdom of God does not mean eating or drinking, homosexuality is morally wrong because as Paul states, its unnatural.
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '13 18:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So what is, or is not, an abomination depends on the law?
    how could it if the law has been nullified, what part of, 'the law is no longer binding on Christians', are you having difficulty with?
  11. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    31 Oct '13 18:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    But the principle remains though?
    yes generally the principles remain, for example the law stated, you must not commit adultery, it remains binding upon Christians, you must not steal, again remains binding on Christians because both of them violate the Christian principle of love of God and love of neighbor.
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    31 Oct '13 18:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes generally the principles remain, for example the law stated, you must not commit adultery, it remains binding upon Christians, you must not steal, again remains binding on Christians because both of them violate the Christian principle of love of God and love of neighbor.
    Surf and turf must be a double no-no for you, then, what with the old 'abstain from blood' thing.

    😉
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    31 Oct '13 18:33
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Surf and turf must be a double no-no for you, then, what with the old 'abstain from blood' thing.

    😉
    Gotta love them "well done only" barbecues, huh?
  14. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51480
    31 Oct '13 18:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes generally the principles remain, for example the law stated, you must not commit adultery, it remains binding upon Christians, you must not steal, again remains binding on Christians because both of them violate the Christian principle of love of God and love of neighbor.
    So how does that relate to shellfish and other crustaceans? Which is what this piece of scripture is referencing.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35531
    31 Oct '13 18:36
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So how does that relate to shellfish and other crustaceans? Which is what this piece of scripture is referencing.
    Shellfish is not kosher for Jews. Christians, not being under Mosaic law, are not expected to keep kosher. But even though we may not be under Mosaic law, there are still other commandments which do pertain to Christians.

    I think that's his point.
Back to Top