1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 23:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The day after having sexual intercourse a woman can take a pill which prevents any fertilised egg from the night before becoming fixed in the wall of the uterus by bringing on the woman's menstrual period and thus ejecting the fertilised egg. The fertilised egg/embryo is effectively "murdered".

Do you think this is morally acceptable?
    Yes.

The egg develops into a blastocyst, an embryo, then a fetus. It takes about 10 to 12 days to develop into an embryo according to this article.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/womens_health_issues/normal_pregnancy/stages_of_development_of_the_fetus.html

Therefore, I would consider the morning after pill a moral form of birth control.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I believe this would fall under pregnancy prevention. If that is the case, it may be okay.
    IUDs work in two ways; preventing fertilisation
    but also preventing fertilised eggs becoming viable

For someone so naïve/ignorant do you think you deserve an opinion?
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:32
    Talking about sacrificing humans for a "god!" How many child sacrifices have to be made before everyone calls it murder?

The way for unmarried people to perform planned parenthood is not to have sex to start with. But rather than not commit fornication, men and women want to do what they want to do in spite of Christian related commandments. Furthermore, many women want to kill their unborn child just because of convenience. The child in the woman is not part of "the woman's body." The child is not complex tissue which can be removed, but a human being which is murdered. The child is a separate human being.

And as for properly married people, murder is still murder.

King James Version
    ==============
    Thou Shalt Not Kill . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Exodus 20: 13
    Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. . . . Exodus 20: 14
    Flee Fornication . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I Corinthians 6: 18

II Samuel 12: 22, 23
    And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    IUDs work in two ways; preventing fertilisation
    but also preventing fertilised eggs becoming viable

For someone so naïve/ignorant do you think you deserve an opinion?
    I live in a democratic Republic and we believe every citizen deserves an opinion and a vote regardless of how ignorant he or she might be. That is why Obama is our President right now.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:21
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Sad isn't it, a prolife person kills/murders others. I do pity those abortion
    doctors and nurses when they stand before God to give an account of
    their lives. I guess everyone who dies in their sins will suffer and are to
    be pitied since they missed out on the grace that saves.
    Kelly
    You should pray for them
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 04:17
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    You should pray for them
    Pray that they get the punishment they deserve.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 05:14
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    You should pray for them
    What makes you think I don't?
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 05:49
    Kelly
    What makes you think that he thinks you don't?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 06:20
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What makes you think that he thinks you don't?
    Are you really that stupid?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 07:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The number of fertilized eggs that simply fail to attach to the womb is very high even without the use of birth control. Even a significant proportion of foetus' that make it past the first week are aborted due to natural causes.
    Until very recent times, the majority of children that were born, did not make it to adulthood.
    God may dislike murder, but just letting people die young seems to be something he is OK with.
    3/4 of this was fine and factual. Science and simple facts.

But then you had to ruin it with your "God letting people die" fanaticism.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 07:53
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The day after having sexual intercourse a woman can take a pill which prevents any fertilised egg from the night before becoming fixed in the wall of the uterus by bringing on the woman's menstrual period and thus ejecting the fertilised egg. The fertilised egg/embryo is effectively "murdered".

Do you think this is morally acceptable?
    This is not technically true.

The "morning after" pill is a dose of hormones typically equal to about 2 or 3 times the dosage in a normal birth control pill. Today's birth control pill works by changing the hormone levels in the body and therefore changing the chemistry so that 1) ovulation is suppressed, 2) the cervical mucous thickens, preventing sperm from reaching the egg and 3) the lining of the uterus changes to prevent eggs from implanting. It is this third chemical change that allows the action of a higher dose to act as a "morning after" pill. As usual, near the end of the menstrual cycle, hormone levels change again to shed the extra uterine tissue to reset the womb for the next cycle.

The "morning after" pill does not "bring on" the menstrual period any more than the regular birth control pill does (which is not at all).
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 08:02
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is not technically true.

The "morning after" pill is a dose of hormones typically equal to about 2 or 3 times the dosage in a normal birth control pill. Today's birth control pill works by changing the hormone levels in the body and therefore changing the chemistry so that 1) ovulation is suppressed, 2) the cervical mucous thickens, preventing sper ...[text shortened]... n" the menstrual period any more than the regular birth control pill does (which is not at all).
    Wouldn't it be better to take the pill immediately after rather than waiting for the morning after?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 09:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Wouldn't it be better to take the pill immediately after rather than waiting for the morning after?
    It can be taken any time up to 24 hours after fertilization. Since it's basically just a higher dose of birth control hormones, the effective window for effectiveness is only a little over 24 hours and as we know, fertilization can possibly take place up to three days after insemination, depending on exactly when ovulation occurs, so the next morning seems sufficient, especially if other methods are also used, such as cleansing, because even plain water is an effective spermicide. The woman, usually knowing her own cycle, including the day of ovulation, is the best judge. If ovulation has already occurred, yes, the sooner the better.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 22:441 edit
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Talking about sacrificing humans for a "god!" How many child sacrifices have to be made before everyone calls it murder?

The way for unmarried people to perform planned parenthood is not to have sex to start with. But rather than not commit fornication, men and women want to do what they want to do in spite of Christian related commandments. Furthe ...[text shortened]... uld I fast? can I bring him back again? [b]I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
    [/b]
    So how many humans on Earth would you say is too many? What would you do if the Earth gets to that population if you were the reproduction czar?

How is it murder if the sperm and egg never come in contact after sex? Is it still murder if you use a condom?

What would you do, invent an anti sexual desire virus? How would you deal with overpopulation. Doesn't it seem we are at that point already?
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:24
    Kelly
    I didn't think you don't. Was just making a general statement.

As for R. J. and his wish to punish them for "what they deserve" , where is Jesus in that statement, mister so called Christian. Have you become so proud that you are above all. Even Jesus never thought as you do. "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree