abortion

abortion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
You have such a limited view on what constitutes an axiom and
why it may or may not be valid, I fear that any efforts I make to
demonstrate the validity of my axiom will be a waste.

Look up axiom and demonstrate an understanding of it by using
it correctly with a counter axiom instead of 'it was an axiom that
witches exist and should be burned,' and I will play ball.

Nemesio
Why don't you post your definition of it if you want to turn this into a word-debate. Seems reasonable since you included the term into the argument.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
19 Nov 05

Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
Why don't you post your definition of it if you want to turn this into a word-debate. Seems reasonable since you included the term into the argument.
I understand the word and don't misuse it. I'm not going to do
your homework for you. If you want to have a logical discussion,
then we have to agree on what axiom means. If you plan to
continue to use unorthodox (read: nonsensical) definitions of
common terms, I have no intention of discussing anything with
you and your feelings.

Nemesio

a

Forgotten

Moves
19 Nov 05

feelings??
sentiments??
ladies and gentlemen , i present for your total amazement
the amazing kreskin
the empath who knows your every thought

L

Moves
19 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Nemesio
I understand the word and don't misuse it. I'm not going to do
your homework for you. If you want to have a logical discussion,
then we have to agree on what axiom means. If you plan to
continue to use unorthodox (read: nonsensical) definitions of
common terms, I have no intention of discussing anything with
you and your feelings.

Nemesio
English is not my first language so I immediately looked up the term axiom as soon as you used it, so I know what an axiom is.

Nemesio quote:

That axiom could have been and is easily proven incorrect. I am not
saying that all axioms are equal. They are not. Some are demonstrably
flawed, inconsistent, vague, incomplete, or contradictory.

According to this statement you agreed with me that the existence of witches was an axiom but that it is easily proven incorrect. If you belief this then prove it incorrect...
If you cannot present a better argument then telling me I dont know the meaning of a word, or telling me you can prove someting does not exist without proving it, I see no reason to continue this debate.

f

Jupiter

Moves
19 Nov 05

I doubt any zealots really care about actual cases other than to procastinate about how people have done wrong, but I feel in my case abortion was totally justified.

A condom split when me and my then partner were in our early teens, we aborted it. I'm glad we did, we weren't meant to be together, and split up three years later, and now we are both in happy marriages with other people and still in touch.

Would keeping the baby have made either of us happy, and what about the baby ? I dispute anyone who says an unborn has sentient feelings - the first memory I have was at 2 years, and some daily mail readers still haven't had a worthy feeling at the age of 45 years !

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Nov 05

Originally posted by fooey
I doubt any zealots really care about actual cases other than to procastinate about how people have done wrong, but I feel in my case abortion was totally justified.

A condom split when me and my then partner were in our early teens, we aborted it. I'm glad we did, we weren't meant to be together, and split up three years later, and now we are both in ha ...[text shortened]... years, and some daily mail readers still haven't had a worthy feeling at the age of 45 years !
How old would your child be had you allowed him or her to live
now?
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
How old would your child be had you allowed him or her to live
now?
Kelly
Only a true fanatical jerk would ask that question, but I'm sure you knew that before you did. You obviously couldn't care less, but loaded the question with your preconceived ideas. You have no shame.

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
20 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by fooey

A condom split when me and my then partner were in our early teens, we aborted it. I'm glad we did, we weren't meant to be together, and split up three years later, and now we are both in ha ...[text shortened]... years, and some daily mail readers still haven't had a worthy feeling at the age of 45 years !
Let me ask you a fair question without judging your deeds. Did you not think about possibly giving up your child-to-be for adoption? In that case, all three of you would have "won". I am not calling what you did murder; that will be for God to judge. However, I am amazed that you can say you were "justified" in aborting your son or daughter-to-be. Maybe you were too young to rationalize what you did or didn't have good pre-parent counseling, but that is 'water under the bridge'. How do you know that an unborn child doesn't have feelings...of pain for one thing? At conception, a sperm and egg join to form a human, rergardless of the fact that it may not resemble a human. How old would that "feotus" be today, and does the fact that "it" could possibly be happy in an adoptive family and enjoying life today, as you and your ex obviously are, affect you or your ex in any form or fashion? I'm not giving you a hard time or judging you as I stated earlier, but I want to know how you really feel....does it bother you?

And, no1marauder, this is not a loaded question as you may think....I'm really trying to gage the feelings of post-abortive "parents-that-could-have-beens"....

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by chancremechanic
Let me ask you a fair question without judging your deeds. Did you not think about possibly giving up your child-to-be for adoption? In that case, all three of you would have "won". I am not calling what you did murder; that will be for God to judge. However, I am amazed that you can say you were "justified" in aborting your son or daughter-t ...[text shortened]... ..I'm really trying to gage the feelings of post-abortive "parents-that-could-have-beens"....
He already told both you and KellyJay that he doesn't agree with your religious beliefs that a "child" is formed at conception. Asking him how old his "child" would be now is BS, plain and simple. To his mind and to the mind of most people who have abortions, no child ever existed. You and KellyJay don't respect these people's beliefs. so why pretend that you give two s**ts about them when you're just trying to force your beliefs on them? KellyJay's question in particular is just another way for KJ to call the guy a baby killer like KJ calls anyone who says a pregnant woman should have the right to exercise self-autonomy over the confines of her body. Why don't you both stop being such self-righteous, judgmental jerks?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by chancremechanic
I'm really trying to gauge the feelings of post-abortive "parents-that-could-have-beens"....
My girlfriend had an abortion. I was 22, she was 24. Poverty was the main deciding factor for both of us. If the child had been born, it would be 10 now. As for feelings, we were both depressed about it (her to a much greater extent and for longer) but time has done its work. We're now married and have a 3-year-old son who we can provide for properly. No regrets.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
My girlfriend had an abortion. I was 22, she was 24. Poverty was the main deciding factor for both of us. If the child had been born, it would be 10 now. As for feelings, we were both depressed about it (her to a much greater extent and for longer) but time has done its work. We're now married and have a 3-year-old son who we can provide for properly. No regrets.
Baby killer.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Baby killer.
It's one of those things.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Nov 05

It's one of those things.
Chance: that will be for God to judge.

(But we know he'll get ya for that, Bosse).

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
20 Nov 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
He already told both you and KellyJay that he doesn't agree with your religious beliefs that a "child" is formed at conception. Asking him how old his "child" would be now is BS, plain and simple. To his mind and to the mind of most people who have abortions, no child ever existed. You and KellyJay don't respect these people's beliefs. so why pret ...[text shortened]... the confines of her body. Why don't you both stop being such self-righteous, judgmental jerks?
Wait a minute? Did I have a conversation with this dude before? If so, please point it out in the threads. I just stumbled on this thread and asked him a question, and a fair one too. Lay off the pseudoephedrine, no1, 'cause it makes you a hot-head....take a cold shower and calm down. I respected his belief by not calling him a murderer, OK?...did you not notice that? If there is a God, and I believe that there is, He will judge all of us, so I wasn't "judging" like you accused me of doing....lawyer thing I guess...., so does that make you a "judgemental jerk"?🙄...I respect the right of someone doing whatever they want to their own bodies....would it surprise you to know that I support anyone wanting to end their life if they were living in misery and pain and saw each day as a living hell? It may not be what God wants us to do, but I've already told my wife not to let me be another Terry Schiavo...I'm 44 and have lived life, so if I die tomorrow, no big deal. I just want to know how people feel days, months, and years later after they have gone through an abortion. Maybe listening to them will give me a better perspective of why they did it in the first place and maybe have more understanding of what they are going thru; but, no...you want to get all bent out of shape and start chit-slinging all over again...what are your average blood pressure numbers anyway....calm down, man...so far I've resisting the urge to load my chit sling-shot at you.....peace

c
Islamofascists Suck!

Macon, Georgia, CSA

Moves
20 Nov 05

Thank you for your answer...may peace continue for you and your family...