Abraham's Offering

Abraham's Offering

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
15 Sep 11

Originally posted by galveston75
No "pranks" were played on anybody and especially by God. God does not do "pranks". Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of these events and what they showed us about God and why he allowed these things to happen. Perhaps a better understanding of the Bible would help you have a clear understanding of this.
god told abe to kill his son, but didn't meant for abe to kill his son. so right before abe plunged the knife into his son's heart, god stopped him. at that very moment, ashton kutcher jumped from the bushes and said "you have been punk'd!!!!"

and this was nothing as to what happened to job. that prank went on and on. people and livestock died. and when god decided the prank was getting old, he told job and "fixed it" by giving him new sons and daughters, new servants. admittedly, the sons and daughters that died, and the original servants were pretty pissed to be roasting in hell and not even having the chance to enjoy their short lives because god decided to show satan what respect job had for him. (some christians claim that all people before jesus went to hell and jesus busted them all out when he died)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Sep 11

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
god told abe to kill his son, but didn't meant for abe to kill his son. so right before abe plunged the knife into his son's heart, god stopped him. at that very moment, ashton kutcher jumped from the bushes and said "you have been punk'd!!!!"

and this was nothing as to what happened to job. that prank went on and on. people and livestock died. and wh ...[text shortened]... aim that all people before jesus went to hell and jesus busted them all out when he died)
The Bible teaches nothing about a "burning hell" that supposed bad people go to. Perhaps if you had a clearer understanding of the Bible it would help you understand these situations that you so easily condemn.

Z

Moves
15 Sep 11

The Bible teaches nothing about a "burning hell" that supposed bad people go to. Perhaps if you had a clearer understanding of the Bible it would help you understand these situations that you so easily condemn.
perhaps if you took the time to address the main issues outlined in ones post and not a random side note (that i only inserted as a finishing touch, that i mentioned that it wasn't a general opinion, and that had no bearing on the overall point) you might not come across as a weak debater who changes the subject or clings on technicalities whenever something is to hard to argue

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Sep 11

perhaps if you took the time to address the main issues outlined in ones post and not a random side note (that i only inserted as a finishing touch, that i mentioned that it wasn't a general opinion, and that had no bearing on the overall point) you might not come across as a weak debater who changes the subject or clings on technicalities whenever something is to hard to argue
No need to be rude. I'm only suggestiing that you study the Bible more to learn what truely happens in these situations and to come to a correct understanding.

Z

Moves
15 Sep 11
2 edits

No need to be rude. I'm only suggestiing that you study the Bible more to learn what truely happens in these situations and to come to a correct understanding.
no need to be snide. i am only suggesting that i did all my bible studying and i know what these stories are about. and while their message is blind faith which might have been acceptable at that time, the absurdity of their premisses is enough to prove that the bible is not to be taken literally.

your problem is that whenever someone has a different opinion than yours, you believe he didn't read the bible 100 times or more. you don't believe 1 or 2 times might be enough to conclude that in the story of job, god is being portrayed as a cruel kid that lets the cruelest kid on the playground play with his nicest toy, job, just to prove that job is really a nice toy, and therefore, rather than believe god is an ahole, it is easier to assume a moron savage made up that story and stuck it in the bible to teach his fellow savages how nice it is to accept the crp life throws at you.

i don't think i need to read the passage "1:12 So the Lord said to Satan, “All right then, 54 everything he has is 55 in your power" more than a couple of times to conclude it is wrong. horribly wrong. the god that so loved the world that he sent his only son to die on earth, casually allowed his most devout follower to be hurt by satan in a sadistic manner.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
16 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
So now that you have some true gods, then doesn't that make you
Polytheist? Yes, that is correct. Now we need to eliminate all but
one true god and you will be theist. Then if you could be convinced
that one true god is actually the God of the Holy Bible, you would
not be too far from believing Jesus was the Son of God. Then you
would be on yor way ...[text shortened]... the Lord, I saw the Light".
You too will feel like singing praises to the Lord, HalleluYah.
you need to become acquainted with the term 'hypothesis.'

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Sep 11

no need to be snide. i am only suggesting that i did all my bible studying and i know what these stories are about. and while their message is blind faith which might have been acceptable at that time, the absurdity of their premisses is enough to prove that the bible is not to be taken literally.

your problem is that whenever someone has a different op ...[text shortened]... earth, casually allowed his most devout follower to be hurt by satan in a sadistic manner.
The Bible also makes it clear that God will allow only those whom he approves will understand the Bible. Just something for you to think about.....

Cape Town

Moves
16 Sep 11

The Bible also makes it clear that God will allow only those whom he approves will understand the Bible. Just something for you to think about.....
And how do you know whether or not you are on the 'approved' list? What if your understanding that the Bible "makes it clear that God will allow only those whom he approves will understand the Bible" is wrong because you are not on the 'approved' list?

Z

Moves
16 Sep 11

yeh, i heard this stupidity a while back. let me make sure it is the same stupid crp.

so only those that god approves understand the bible? what happened to salvation is available to all? and why does god approves or not that you or anyone understands the bible or not? is he playing pranks again like he did on abe and job?

or are you saying something else?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
16 Sep 11

What do you think of this?

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/hell.html

"Hell is translated twelve times from Gehenna (or, as it is sometimes transliterated, Geenna). This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Hinnom, which is the name of a valley outside Jerusalem where garbage and the carcasses of animals were cast into and consumed by fire constantly kept burning. Thus, Gehenna is the only one of those words translated as "hell" in the Bible, that has any idea of fire or torment resident in it. Look at Matthew 5:22,29-30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15,33 and Mark 9:43,45,47. It is apparent from these texts that the whole physical body is cast into Hell, and not just the soul. Gehenna is also used in Luke 12:5 and James 3:6.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Sep 11
1 edit

Hell may also be a freezing place.

P.S. What does Luke 16 teach about where the rich man was?
Why would his tongue need cooling off from the flames?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Sep 11

Clearly the JWs are not one of the approved groups. God would not have an approved group be such an embarrasment to HIM, with the hundreds of false prophesies plus the false teachings. You should have some shame and crawl back into your JW Kingdom Hole. Decent people are getting tired of your strutting around with your nose in the air.