CiNO = Christian in Name Only.
    oh, how rude.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 16:10
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    What would you think if you asked your neighbour why he was building a large stone table in his backyard, and he said, "I'm building an altar because God has commanded me to sacrifice my son as a whole burnt offering. Won't you come to the ceremony tomorrow morning?" All agree that the neighbour should be committed to a mental hospital.

Robert Adams

What lesson is to be learned from Abraham's relationship with God?
    To have faith in God and his plans even if we don't understand them at the time.
  3. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 16:16
    Originally posted by galveston75
    To have faith in God and his plans even if we don't understand them at the time.
    So you disagree with Adams? You'd happily attend the ceremony?
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 17:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is the lie children are told which indoctrinates them into a lifetime of sin. Blasphemy is a sin unto God, which is the most serious of sins.
    Yeah, murder, adultery, is nothing compared to saying "JESUS CHRIST!!!!" after stubbing your toe.

A sin unto God? So yes, a victimless crime.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    13 Sep '11 17:51
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he is saying that because since he doesn't believe god exists, in his view, blasphemy is a victimless crime. because the victim doesn't exist.

from my point of view, i would not commit blasphemy because it would be rude towards god. and i would not want to jeopardise our friendship. but if i were to commit blasphemy, i figure god might not care. him be ...[text shortened]... a like me getting annoyed that a chatbot called me a moron and throw my laptop out the window.
    it would kinda like me getting annoyed that a chatbot called me a moron and throw my laptop out the window.

More than that, a chatbot that you created. Hell, I'd be stoked if a chatbot I'd created started disbelieving in me and getting obnoxious about it.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 01:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Blasphemy, whether cloaked in the guise of joking around or not, is still blasphemy.
    you can't blaspheme against a true god.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 06:35
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you can't blaspheme against a true god.
    Can you describe one of your true gods?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "To have faith in God and his plans even if we don't understand them at the time"

except that in this case, god didn't have a plan, he was just messing around.

what about job? the biggest prank was played on him, his sons and daughters were killed, his servants were killed, people that had absolutely no fault, and for what? so that god would prove to satan that job is his most faithful servant? are you kidding me?

so have faith in god and his plans, even if sometimes he just likes to play pranks.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 11:19
    1:6 Now the day came when 33 the sons of God 34 came to present themselves before 35 the Lord – and Satan 36 also arrived among them. 1:7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” 37 And Satan answered the Lord, 38 “From roving about 39 on the earth, and from walking back and forth across it.” 40 1:8 So the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered 41 my servant Job? There 42 is no one like him on the earth, a pure and upright man, one who fears God and turns away 43 from evil.”

1:9 Then Satan answered the Lord, “Is it for nothing that Job fears God? 44 1:10 Have you 45 not made a hedge 46 around him and his household and all that he has on every side? You have blessed 47 the work of his hands, and his livestock 48 have increased 49 in the land. 1:11 But 50 extend your hand and strike 51 everything he has, and he will no doubt 52 curse you 53 to your face!”

1:12 So the Lord said to Satan, “All right then, 54 everything he has is 55 in your power. 56 Only do not extend your hand against the man himself!” 57 So Satan went out 58 from the presence of the Lord. 59

awesome. god is having sunday brunches with satan, the dude that rebelled against him, the dude that god sent him to hell as punishment. and god casually lets satan fuk job in the buttocks just to prove a point? god being omniscient and not being required in any way to prove anything to anyone, especially satan.

and some people still consider the bible to be 100% the word of god. christian people.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 00:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Can you describe one of your true gods?
    i just did.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 06:23
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i just did.
    So now that you have some true gods, then doesn't that make you
    Polytheist? Yes, that is correct. Now we need to eliminate all but
    one true god and you will be theist. Then if you could be convinced
    that one true god is actually the God of the Holy Bible, you would
    not be too far from believing Jesus was the Son of God. Then you
    would be on yor way to accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
    Perhaps the Holy Spirit is hard at word repairing your warped brain
    and you will eventually be able to see the Light, like Hank Williams
    when he sung the the song, "Praise the Lord, I saw the Light".
    You too will feel like singing praises to the Lord, HalleluYah.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 11:32
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What good is a god who is unknowable?
    Well we agree on something.
    Kelly
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 11:48
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    So you disagree with Adams? You'd happily attend the ceremony?
    Probably not as many claim to be prophets and such. I would think if this were to really happen today as with Abraham and that person had the type relationship that God had with Abraham, it would not be a neighborhood event that all the neighbors would be invited too.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 11:52
    "To have faith in God and his plans even if we don't understand them at the time"

what about job? the biggest prank was played on him, his sons and daughters were killed, his servants were killed, people that had absolutely no fault, and for what? so that god would prove to ...[text shortened]... g me?

so have faith in god and his plans, even if sometimes he just likes to play pranks.
    No "pranks" were played on anybody and especially by God. God does not do "pranks". Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of these events and what they showed us about God and why he allowed these things to happen. Perhaps a better understanding of the Bible would help you have a clear understanding of this.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '11 11:531 edit

what about job? the biggest prank was played on him, his sons and daughters were killed, his servants were killed, people that had absolutely no fault, and for what? so that god would prove to ...[text shortened]... g me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree