1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:24
    Now that must be some kind of blasphemy. The JWs are claiming that the Watchtower Society is God's Wifely Organisation. Those two bozos Robbie and Galveston should be ashamed to proclaim their allegiance to such idiots .. but I guess they feel at home there 😀

Here are two extracts from the Watchtower Publications.

1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274
    "If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother. Today, also, God requires and exacts from his children obedience honor and respect. These must be rendered not only to the living God himself, but to his wifely organization as well."

Watchtower 1961 July 15 pp.431-2 Become Activated by the Spirit of Jehovah
    From a study of God's Word one appreciates that Jehovah does not dispense his dynamic energy through just any organization that chooses to label itself religious. Neither does God deal with individuals independently of his own wifely organization, the "mother" of all those dedicated to God.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:337 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Now that must be some kind of blasphemy. The JWs are claiming that the Watchtower Society is God's Wifely Organisation. Those two bozos Robbie and Galveston should be ashamed to proclaim their allegiance to such idiots .. but I guess they feel at home there 😀

1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274 ndently of his own [b]wifely organization
    , the "mother" of all those dedicated to God.[/b]
    why dont you get a life Raji and start reaching the good news of Gods Kingdom instead of hiding your talent away? why dont you go out and help somone Raji?

Just to demonstrate that Raji has not got a clue and all that he can do to help people is troll apostate websites, why dont you tell the people raji why Paul describes Jerusalem above as 'our mother', was Paul also a bozo in claiming that God has a 'wife like organisation'? What about the 'bride of Christ', for it is well known that Christ was unmarried, please tell the people why the Christian congregation is described in such feminine terms Raji? Please tell the forum why Paul became as a nursing mother Raji, was he also one of your idiots in describing himself as such?

I thought it was common knowledge among person of education that an organisation may be described in feminine terms, what about the woman of revelation, even Babylon the great, both organisations described in feminine terms. Once again, your lack of knowledge betrays just how ignorant you really are concerning either Jehovahs witnesses or the bible, suppose it must be all that helping others you do that has distracted you.

(Galatians 4:26) . . .But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.

(Revelation 21:2) . . .New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. . .

(Revelation 21:9-10) . . . “Come here, I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.” So he carried me away in [the power of the] spirit to a great and lofty mountain, and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God

(Revelation 14:8) . . .“She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, she who made all the nations drink of the wine of the anger of her fornication!”

(Revelation 12:1-2) . . .And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, 2 and she was pregnant. And she cries out in her pains and in her agony to give birth.

each and everyone a reference to an organisation, tell the people Raji why that should be. You do know what they refer to , dont you?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:52

1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274 ...[text shortened]... ndently of his own [b]wifely organization
    Has anyone told Elton John this?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 03:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    Has anyone told Elton John this?
    If anyone knows it will be Raj, he likes to hang out with him.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 05:55

1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274 ...[text shortened]... ndently of his own [b]wifely organization
    So from this I gather the JW's have two masters? Jehovah and the Watchtower society?
    So What if the Watchtower conflicts with Jehovah? Ummmmm Hummmmm??
    I find the most damning things are from the Watchtower and literature and How can G75 and RC argue with it? They can't it's their own garbage. Russell was a fraud period. His life was full of lies. He faked preached all over the Pacific. Apparently when He went to Hawaii He was there for 4 hours and never preached but made statements to the contrary. The Bride of Christ would be those redeemed by Christ!! I won't go as far as calling G75 and RC bozos. It does baffle me though because I perceive that RC in very intelligent. I like G75's simplicity at times but I feel he can't think for himself. it's all cut and paste right from the WT or Awake. I promise on my very life that if G75 and RC would think independently Jehovah will not smite them!

Manny
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 07:00

I do not consider this heretical at all. God calls Israel his bride and the relationship between a man and wife is likened to the relationship between Christ and his Church in Ephesians 4. The idea of spiritual betrothal to God is also the cornerstone of Christian mysticism.
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 08:16

Archaelogical finds have shown that some Jews worshipped god's wife, as a goddess. So this is not new, neither is it monotheism. Somebody needs to invent a new religion. The ones we have don't seem to be working.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 08:24
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Archaelogical finds have shown that some Jews worshipped god's wife, as a goddess. So this is not new, neither is it monotheism. Somebody needs to invent a new religion. The ones we have don't seem to be working.
    There are allusions to this idea in the works of the prophets; it is roundly condemned.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 08:46
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    There are allusions to this idea in the works of the prophets; it is roundly condemned.
    They are more than allusions or ideas. Archaeologists have found statues of her. A bit of a hottie. Of course you would expect that an omnipotent god would have a sexy wife.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 08:52

relax homie, the orthodox and probably the catholics believe god has a wife too.
    but not that ugly floozy watchtower society but the Church
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 09:27
    Somebody needs to invent a new religion. The ones we have don't seem to be working.
    Working? I what way? What do you think a religion should do and why?
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 09:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Working? I what way? What do you think a religion should do and why?
    Perhaps we should have a religion which has at its' core one thing : Charity.
    I admit that it is a novel idea but somehow we must get back to the garden.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 09:46
    They are more than allusions or ideas. Archaeologists have found statues of her. A bit of a hottie. Of course you would expect that an omnipotent god would have a sexy wife.
    But I am talking about the works of the prophets -- Isaiah and Wisdom for example.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 10:061 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I do not consider this heretical at all. God calls Israel his bride and the relationship between a man and wife is likened to the relationship between Christ and his Church in Ephesians 4. The idea of spiritual betrothal to God is also the cornerstone of Christian mysticism.
    thankyou Conrau, perhaps those facts escaped their notice in their ardour to discredit and slander, who can tell?
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 10:511 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If anyone knows it will be Raj, he likes to hang out with him.
    A nice touch of 'under the radar' homphobic bigotry there Rob.

Classy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree