1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 11:022 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A nice touch of 'under the radar' homphobic bigotry there Rob.

Classy.
    Lol, i thought Raj was a Jazz man, he certainly likes to blow his trumpet 😉
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:13
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Perhaps we should have a religion which has at its' core one thing : Charity.
    I admit that it is a novel idea but somehow we must get back to the garden.
    I thought that was what Christianity was all about.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Say what? Thats my line. I thought you were in the OSAS group?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:32
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I do not consider this heretical at all. God calls Israel his bride and the relationship between a man and wife is likened to the relationship between Christ and his Church in Ephesians 4. The idea of spiritual betrothal to God is also the cornerstone of Christian mysticism.
    Granted, but what would you say to the part where they elevated their organisation to the level of being Gods wife, and advised that God only deals with the Watchtower organisation and God requires obedience and respect to WT.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:37
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Granted, but what would you say to the part where they elevated their organisation to the level of being Gods wife, and advised that God only deals with the Watchtower organisation and God requires obedience and respect to WT.
    unmmm for your information Spanky, its states 'wifely organisation', that means 'wife like', as in not a literal wife. Do you understand the difference? When did we become Gods so that we are infallible? what a pure muppet you are.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:50
    Say what? Thats my line. I thought you were in the OSAS group?
    I am in the group that says that through faith in Christ we have salvation. Christ also said that love is the key to keeping the law, thus, charity(love) is the name of the game. Of course, we all inevitably hurt those we love at some point. Often times we do so without realizing it. The key point, however, is do we give a damn? If the answer is yes, then we make adjustments and beg their forgiveness. If we say no then we never loved them to begin with.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 12:57
    Perhaps we should have a religion which has at its' core one thing : Charity.
    I admit that it is a novel idea but somehow we must get back to the garden.
    Why?

Why would you even need a religion? Why not just go out and start giving? Or would you rather people are deceived into being charitable?

And which garden are you talking about getting back to? Do you actually believe the garden of eden existed? Or is that one of the myths you plan to include in your charitable religion?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 13:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why?

Why would you even need a religion? Why not just go out and start giving? Or would you rather people are deceived into being charitable?

And which garden are you talking about getting back to? Do you actually believe the garden of eden existed? Or is that one of the myths you plan to include in your charitable religion?
    According to the book of James a pure religion is visiting the widow and attending to the orphan. Should we then be decieved into doing these things?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Mar '10 15:34
    I am in the group that says that through faith in Christ we have salvation. Christ also said that love is the key to keeping the law, thus, charity(love) is the name of the game. Of course, we all inevitably hurt those we love at some point. Often times we do so without realizing it. The key point, however, is do we give a damn? If the answer is yes, the ...[text shortened]... ake adjustments and beg their forgiveness. If we say no then we never loved them to begin with.
    Well you probably cant see it but you are putting the cart before the horse.
    You have a chance at salvation after you demonstrate love.

I see it as :
    First faith and belief in Christ
    Then love and good works
    Then salvation when Christ returns

You and the OSAS group says:
    First faith and belief in Christ
    Then salvation which you cannot lose regardless of your actions.
    Then love and good works .. maybe, its optional.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 01:49
    Now that must be some kind of blasphemy. The JWs are claiming that the Watchtower Society is God's Wifely Organisation. Those two bozos Robbie and Galveston should be ashamed to proclaim their allegiance to such idiots .. but I guess they feel at home there 😀

Here are two extracts from the Watchtower Publications.

1957; Watchtower, May 1, p. 274 ...[text shortened]... ndently of his own [b]wifely organization
    , the "mother" of all those dedicated to God.[/b]
    Lol..Your so out of it.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 04:05
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I do not consider this heretical at all. God calls Israel his bride and the relationship between a man and wife is likened to the relationship between Christ and his Church in Ephesians 4. The idea of spiritual betrothal to God is also the cornerstone of Christian mysticism.
    I agree. That God is depicted with a spouse is a repeated theme in the Bible.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 04:37
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why?

It would be nice if we humans would really behave with charity for all. No deception intended.
    The phrase "getting back to the garden" has nothing to do with the mythological garden of eden. It is a phrase used back in the 60's.
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 04:41
    In theory, yes. But over 2000 years and the progress Christianity has failed to achieve indicates a failure.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 04:53
    It would be nice if we humans would really behave with charity for all. No deception intended.
    So why do you suggest inventing a religion to achieve that aim? And why do you suggest that it is somehow religions job to achieve that aim for you?

The phrase "getting back to the garden" has nothing to do with the mythological garden of eden. It is a phrase used back in the 60's.
    I see. I had never heard it before. Which country does it come from and whats its origin?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '10 05:071 edit
    In theory, yes. But over 2000 years and the progress Christianity has failed to achieve indicates a failure.
    You are really foolish to put trust in this.

It is not wise. It simply is not wise to invalidate the Gospel because of your perceived failure of Christianity.

In every age, every single age of the existence of the Christian church there have been some overcomers who rose to the normal Christian life.

They were not above the standard. They simply were AT the standard. They were not a class of superspiritual people. They were simply normal in regards to Christ's teaching.

And I feel sympathy for anyone who rests on his idea of the failures of Christianity as a comfort to him that he need not follow Christ.

What are you going to do when you come before God? Are you going to say "Well God I looked around and Christianity was a failure so I thought I would not waste time to love Christ, to live unto Christ" ?

God has his victorious believers in every age. They overcame the surrounding degradation. They did not use the surrounding degradation as an excuse to live godless lives in unbelief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree