1. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 16:08
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Religion > thrēskeia, occurs 4 times in 4 verses in the New Testament of the KJV. The word means ceremonial observance.

In the broader sense it has little to do with what we see as "religion" in the real world, which is factionalized in the extreme.

A better understanding of what is "religion" can be had by dividing the concept in two.

1. Substit ...[text shortened]... by God.

Cain's was a sacrifice of the work of his own hands unacceptable by God. "Religion".
    You have a couple bible references to support your doctrine of what happened to Cain and Abel and why?

Failing that please direct me to your church's website so that I can have a read of their doctrine and conclusions
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 16:24
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Perhaps your version of Jesus will think the time you spend in here pontificating will be "acceptable" to him, instead of being in the streets warning people about him torturing them for eternity.
    Pontificating?

Is that what you call it?

Are you so throughly indoctrinated by what you think the scriptures teach that you fail to learn the truth about the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ?

Substitutionary atonement is a central tenet of the Christian faith as taught throughout the scriptures.

And you appear to know nothing about it.

Well, here's your "street warning". Go learn, or miss out on the real truth about Jesus' death on the cross. The cross of Christ is the center of the whole biblical narrative. Substitutionary atonement.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 17:50
    Pontificating?

Are you so throughly indoctrinated by what you think the scriptures teach that you fail to learn the truth about the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ?

Substitutionary atonement is a central tenet of the Christian faith as taught throughout the scriptures.

And you appear to know nothing about i ...[text shortened]... s. The cross of Christ is the center of the whole biblical narrative. Substitutionary atonement.
    Substitutionary atonement is a central tenet of the doctrine of Christian churches. It was never taught by Jesus Christ and Paul mentioned it in passing. It is therefore not a central tenet of anything significant neither would it impact on someones eternal life.

I have asked you to provide references already for many of your stated 'critical' doctrines and you have failed to provide any so I would not bother to ask. Even the disciples were unaware of the death and resurrection of Christ and even after Christ died they were surprised that he was raised in 3 days.

Clearly then your core beliefs have nothing to do with Jesus Christ, and the Apostles. What your church calls core is simply a man made list of doctrines which in no way has any scriptural support.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:06
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Substitutionary atonement is a central tenet of the doctrine of Christian churches. It was never taught by Jesus Christ and Paul mentioned it in passing. It is therefore not a central tenet of anything significant neither would it impact on someones eternal life.

I have asked you to provide references already for many of your stated 'critical' doctrines ...[text shortened]... ch calls core is simply a man made list of doctrines which in no way has any scriptural support.
    There are no references suitable for heretics, reprobates and apostates.

I've gone down that road with you before, and you closed your eyes and stopped your ears.

You're on your own Nabal.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:121 edit
    There are no references suitable for heretics, reprobates and apostates.

I've gone down that road with you before, and you closed your eyes and stopped your ears.

You're on your own Nabal.
    You have nothing. The doctrine of the churches is miles away from the teachings of Christ ... many miles away. Your name calling shows what an infantile personality you are.

Yes we went down that road with other doctrines which you similarly were at a loss to support from the bible
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:19
    You have nothing. The doctrine of the churches is miles away from the teachings of Christ ... many miles away. Your name calling shows what an infantile personality you are.

Yes we went down that road with other doctrines which you similarly were at a loss to support from the bible
    I provided the references which you refused to acknowledge.

You make yourself look like an idiot with every word you spew on these boards. You expose yourself as a fool to everyone who is biblically literate. You're a laughingstock.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:25
    This is NOT about salvation per-se.

Acceptable religion to God for Christians is:

James 1:27 New International Version (NIV)
    [b]Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I think this could be simply extrapolate ...[text shortened]... ptable good works before God but without any proselytising. Just make a point of helping people.[/b]
    Do you think Christ was sent to the cross for preaching helping the poor?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:261 edit
    I provided the references which you refused to acknowledge.

You make yourself look like an idiot with every word you spew on these boards. You expose yourself as a fool to everyone who is biblically literate. You're a laughingstock.
    The laughingstock is the man who believes in a whole pile of central tenets of Christianity, none of which are taught by Christ. NOT ONE

Your church doctrine is fabricated manmade nonsense.

I have proven you wrong over and over.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:29
    Pontificating?

And you appear to know nothing about i ...[text shortened]... s. The cross of Christ is the center of the whole biblical narrative. Substitutionary atonement.
    What has my criticism of sonship’s pontifications in this forum have to do with my understanding of the gospel?
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:31
    The laughingstock is the man who believes in a whole pile of central tenets of Christianity, none of which are taught by Christ. NOT ONE

Your church doctrine is fabricated manmade nonsense.

I have proven you wrong over and over.
    The only thing you have proven is that you're a liar, and a cad.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:31
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Yes.

You even asking this question makes me want to slap your face.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:38
    What has my criticism of sonship’s pontifications in this forum have to do with my understanding of the gospel?
    Are you inebriated and think you're FMF? It's like talking to a bunch of juveniles around here. 🙄

Go back and read post #10 on page 3 and come up to speed.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 18:46
    Yes.

You even asking this question makes me want to slap your face.
    Originally posted by @whodey

Originally posted by divegeester
    Yes.

Is that all you got!? Just a yes? Is that all the cross means to you?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 19:151 edit
    The only thing you have proven is that you're a liar, and a cad.
    The liar is the man who cannot support his critical doctrines from the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    You are a false follower of Christ heading for damnation.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '18 20:21
    Are you inebriated and think you're FMF? It's like talking to a bunch of juveniles around here. 🙄

Go back and read post #10 on page 3 and come up to speed.
    No. I’m not interested your wild goose-chases. You have little more to say than Eladar imo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree