Adam and Eve

Adam and Eve

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
We are totally agree on that the bible is not written by god. Some christians say so, but they are mistaken.

If the bible is written by men with the inspiration of god or the holy spirit, inlikely in my opinion, it wouldn't been written as a series of stories, not very intelligent stories I might add, see the story of Simson, and it wouldn't be with al ...[text shortened]... f any supernatural beings. As it is read by men without any help of any supernatural beings.
Well as you say, it's "your opinion" and nothing else... You are greatly out numbered.

F

Moves
18 Sep 09
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
Well as you say, it's "your opinion" and nothing else... You are greatly out numbered.
Then what's your opinion? Is your opinion anything else than 'nothing else'?
There are no scientific proof of either kind here. As it is about religion. Religion and science can never mix.

Out numbered? I'm not so sure about that. If this was a democracy, then you should think of that christians, especially of your denomination, is a minority amongst the people of the Earth. Does that mean that you are wrong? This is not a democracy. This is not politics. This is about opinions. Nothing else.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
18 Sep 09

Originally posted by menace71
God planted fossils ? To mimic evolution?

Manny
How else can you reconcile the layers of fossil bearing sediment with the age of the earth as revealed by Holt Scripture?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]Also the Bible has not ever contridicted itself

Are you sure, because these two passages look a little contradictory.

•Ephesians 2:8,9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith . . . not of works."

•James 2:24 "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

And if this isn't a contradiction then i don't know w ...[text shortened]... g took the two sons of Rizpah . . . and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul."[/b]
Do a little more research buddy.

Your first accusation is easy:

Read with understanding and you might get it.
If one relys on his works as to brag and thinks that will get him approval, it is foolish.
But it is the honest works along with faith that will get him approved. It takes both and that's what these scriptures are saying.
That's easy to understand I would think...

And your second accusation:

Michal was without any children of her own as is stated at 2 Sam 6:23. The 5 sons that she raised were the children of her sister Merab who died an early death.
Isaac leeser's translation of the Jewish Bible and a footnote in the Jewish Targum speaks of this.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 09

Then what's your opinion? Is your opinion anything else than 'nothing else'?
There are no scientific proof of either kind here. As it is about religion. Religion and science can never mix.

Out numbered? I'm not so sure about that. If this was a democracy, then you should think of that christians, especially of your denomination, is a minority amongst ...[text shortened]... wrong? This is not a democracy. This is not politics. This is about opinions. Nothing else.
Ok then.....Whatever.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Sep 09

If one relys on his works as to brag and thinks that will get him approval, it is foolish.
But it is the honest works along with faith that will get him approved. It takes both and that's what these scriptures are saying.
That's e ...[text shortened]... leeser's translation of the Jewish Bible and a footnote in the Jewish Targum speaks of this.
Your posts get more layered with vitriol everytime. Love it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 09

Your posts get more layered with vitriol everytime. Love it.
Just can't admit your wrong can you? Lol.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Sep 09

Just can't admit your wrong can you? Lol.
Wrong about what?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Sep 09

Wrong about what?
"""And if this isn't a contradiction then i don't know what is."""

Lol.

F

Moves
18 Sep 09

That's e ...[text shortened]... leeser's translation of the Jewish Bible and a footnote in the Jewish Targum speaks of this.
Try the other example too, if you don't mind.
Not having children, and suddenly having five sons.
Sounds very much as a contradiction to me.

d

Moves
21 Sep 09

Were they christians?
Yes.

d

Moves
21 Sep 09

Originally posted by PBE6
Were they black?
NO!

d

Moves
21 Sep 09

Originally posted by PBE6
Or were they Asian?
NO!

d

Moves
21 Sep 09

Since we all came from them they were no doubt a mixture of all of us....
Not really as we "changed" over time, not like evolution says but some got darker by the sun, some were tall or short, big or little eyes, yellow, black, white, brown depending on 1. Where they lived, 2. What they ate, 3. How much or little time they spent outside or in the sun. Of course this took a long time so they changed little by little (again I evolution doesn't exist but this isn't evolution but little changes within the same species)

d

Moves
21 Sep 09

Originally posted by menace71
Didn't they somehow prove genetically that we came from one women? Skin color who cares.

Manny
Eve.