Agnostic atheism

Agnostic atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Seems odd to me to hold to a belief which has no evidence to support it.
It would seem odd to me to hold to the beliefs of a Jew or a Sikh or a Christian etc. for the same reason.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

Agnostic atheist. Not sure, but denies without evidence to support that belief. What a strange place for the mind to be in. Dust in the wind. A blade of grass withering in the heat of the sun. "For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away".
Thanks for this glimpse of your mind map. It's nothing new to me though.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Theoretically, I suppose. But it'd be a bit of a stretch. I have about 10-20 more years left and I'm going to be fairly busy intellectually and spiritually (the latter word I use as I define it).

If something happens to show me I'm 'wrong', then sure - yes, why not, theoretically - I might become a Christian.

But I might become a Muslim or a Jew or a Hindu for the same sort of reason, and with a similar degree of likelihood. We shall see.
It seems that you’re adopting a passive position to a question of great importance. Sitting back and waiting for God to reveal Himself to you? Expecting God to dance to your tune? He’s not another one of your trolling victims.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

[Being an agnostic atheist is] like saying that what exists isn't evidence for what exists because the evidence for believing in what exists doesn't exist.
This doesn't work for me. You might be trying a little too hard with this sentence.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

I hear you saying that you deny the existence of a deity because you don't know if there is one, or not.
I don't deny the existence of a deity. Please read what I am posting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 18

Asking me if I am maybe going to be surprised and terrified to find "Romans1009" was right, is, to me, as debating goes, sheer prattle. Use it on someone else, please.
Not a question of whether I’m right. Remove me from the equation. I’m not the only one who knows the Christian God exists and is the only true, living God, nor is His existence dependent upon anyone believing in Him.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
It seems that you’re adopting a passive position to a question of great importance. Sitting back and waiting for God to reveal Himself to you? Expecting God to dance to your tune? He’s not another one of your trolling victims.
Thanks for this but it's not very interesting. It seems to rely quite heavily on not really factoring in anything that I have said to you previously in earlier posts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 18

What are you talking about?
I appreciate your substantive answer to a substantive question. Wasn’t entirely expecting it, but thank you.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

Not a question of whether I’m right. Remove me from the equation. I’m not the only one who knows the Christian God exists and is the only true, living God, nor is His existence dependent upon anyone believing in Him.
And...?

F

Moves
11 Feb 18
1 edit

I appreciate your substantive answer to a substantive question. Wasn’t entirely expecting it, but thank you.
Which question are you saying I didn't answer? When you put it in what I thought was a silly way, I dismissed it, and then you revised it to this: "That question was just another way of asking if you were open to the possibility that you’re wrong." And this question I have answered already.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 18

I think there may be a deity but no human claims about revelations of its instructions, promises, threats etc. have struck me as being authentic.
So you think 1st century humans invented God coming to earth as a helpless infant, living a life of poverty and serving others, preaching a message that was contrary to religious leaders of that day and then suffering a brutal death at the hands of Romans.

You think that deity “story” was invented by humans?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 18

It would seem odd to me to hold to the beliefs of a Jew or a Sikh or a Christian etc. for the same reason.
You’re assuming that no evidence exists for Christianity and that evidence for all religions is the same, and I respectfully suggest you’re wrong on both counts.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

So you think 1st century humans invented God coming to earth as a helpless infant, living a life of poverty and serving others, preaching a message that was contrary to religious leaders of that day and then suffering a brutal death at the hands of Romans.

You think that deity “story” was invented by humans?
My answers to these questions are answered to my satisfaction on the first 35 pages of the still current "Evidence please" thread. Prior to that, this area has been discussed ad nauseam by me and others going back as long as I have been active here. I am not going to discuss it with you at your behest or for your entertainment.

F

Moves
11 Feb 18

You’re assuming that no evidence exists for Christianity and that evidence for all religions is the same, and I respectfully suggest you’re wrong on both counts.
That you think these things is duly noted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Feb 18

Which question are you saying I didn't answer? When you put it in what I thought was a silly way, I dismissed it, and then you revised it to this: "That question was just another way of asking if you were open to the possibility that you’re wrong." And this question I have answered already.
<Which question are you saying I didn't answer?>

You answered it after that post and I was thanking you for doing so. Or can you not accept my thanks without wanting to argue?