1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 00:45
    1. So are we alone? Surely you have some relatives out there?

2. How do you feel about reincarnation?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 01:49
    i used to be very rusty
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 01:50
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    How do you feel about reincarnation?
    There is absolutely no reason to believe that reincarnation exists. All evidence suggests irrefutably that life ends at death. Anybody telling you otherwise - or telling you about 'instructions from God' pertaining to whether or not you will 'live forever' or be reincarnated - is simply sharing with you their speculation and hopes about the supernatural. This can be quite interesting in an anthropological sense as it animates people and has shaped history, but sometimes such proponents of religion can be personally abusive and insulting when confronted with beliefs that deviate from their own. I only mention this abuse and insult aspect because you mentioned Dasa in the thread title.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 02:00
    "all evidence" ?

you have an agenda.

the truth has no agenda.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 02:04
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    "all evidence" ?
    Yes. All evidence. As I said. Your sincere hope or certainty that death is not the end is not, in and of itself, "evidence" of anything other than your sincere hope and certainty that death is not the end, which - incidentally - I accept as being true.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is absolutely no reason to believe that reincarnation exists. All evidence suggests irrefutably that life ends at death. Anybody telling you otherwise - or telling you about 'instructions from God' pertaining to whether or not you will 'live forever' or be reincarnated - is simply sharing with you their speculation and hopes about the supernatural. This ca ...[text shortened]... I only mention this abuse and insult aspect because you mentioned Dasa in the thread title.
    "All evidence suggests irrefutably that life ends at death".-FMF

There is no "evidence" of this.
    What evidence can you put forward that life is not eternal?
    You have no evidence of this.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 03:22
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    There is no "evidence" of [life ending at death].
    What evidence can you put forward that life is not eternal?
    You have no evidence of this.
    We die. And our families either cremate us or bury us in the ground and our bodies rot. Does anybody seriously dispute that? The onus is on you to provide evidence that something else - something you imagine or hope for - happens after that, e.g. "eternal life" or reincarnation. Of course you do not have any evidence at all that it does. So we are left with the facts that the body ceases to function, life therefore ends, and the 'person' we knew is gone. Pretty irrefutable really. You got evidence to the contrary?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 03:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    We die. And our families either cremate us or bury us in the ground and our bodies rot. Does anybody seriously dispute that? The onus is on you to provide evidence that something else - something you imagine or hope for - happens after that, e.g. "eternal life" or reincarnation. Of course you do not have any evidence at all that it does. So we are left with the ...[text shortened]... d the 'person' we knew is gone. Pretty irrefutable really. You got evidence to the contrary?
    I have some heresay evidence.
    I've been "dead" a few times and I've experienced a different realm where there was no physicality, and so "life" could "go on".
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 03:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    We die. And our families either cremate us or bury us in the ground and our bodies rot. Does anybody seriously dispute that? The onus is on you to provide evidence that something else - something you imagine or hope for - happens after that, e.g. "eternal life" or reincarnation. Of course you do not have any evidence at all that it does. So we are left with the ...[text shortened]... d the 'person' we knew is gone. Pretty irrefutable really. You got evidence to the contrary?
    The problem here is you are identifying The Self with this physical shell we call a body.
    I say different.
    So we got two different belief systems going on here.
    You said there is irrefutable evidence therefore the onus is on you to prove there is nothing else.
    That is, The Self is merely flesh and blood.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 03:57
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    1. So are we alone? Surely you have some relatives out there?

2. How do you feel about reincarnation?
    1. No. Relatives,yeah...

2.Reincarnation is totally misunderstood by nearly every poster on here. I am not saying I understand it that much better, but I know its not as simplistic as anyone has made it out to be , especially its main PROPONENT, Dasa.
    I dont think we should be debating things like reincarnation because of the time it wastes explaining not very much, other than ego satisfaction.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 03:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I have some heresay evidence.
    I've been "dead" a few times and I've experienced a different realm where there was no physicality, and so "life" could "go on".
    I believe you when you tell me that you believe that this "evidence" refutes the facts of life and death in some way.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Reincarnation is totally misunderstood by nearly every poster on here.
    I am pretty sure I have a good understanding of it.

It is a theory or hope, created by speculation on the part of people who think 'there must be more to life than merely this life we live'. This 'there must be more to life' assertion is something that every single religion has in common.

Individuals also speculate - independently of religious "explanations" - and some develop theories of their own about the supernatural. There is not a jot of credible evidence that 'reincarnation' is anything other than the result of surmise and aspiration.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:10
    You said there is irrefutable evidence therefore the onus is on you to prove there is nothing else.
    That we die is irrefutable. So yes, if you imagine something happens after that then the onus is on you - at least if you want to me to accept your theory/hope/assertion - to provide evidence that it does.
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    That we die is irrefutable. So yes, if you imagine something happens after that then the onus is on you - at least if you want to me to accept your theory/hope/assertion - to provide evidence that it does.
    Do you dispute that life is energy?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:12
    Do you dispute that life is energy?
    Asking me a question is not an example of "evidence". If you have any evidence I'd be interested in hearing it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree