1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 08:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    So there's to be no apology then?
    Does your self fabricated spirituality allow for manipulation?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 09:06
    Originally posted by Dasa
    FMF should apologize to you and myself for being an agitator and trouble maker.
    You compare me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy", for disagreeing with you over a spiritual matter and over me calling attention to your blatant plagiarism, and no apology ensues.

Me a trouble maker? All I have done is stuck firmly and forthrightly to my rejection of you superimposing of your subjective belief system onto me. I have not insulted you at all. I acknowledge your sincerity in many of my posts and I express my respect.

And here you are back to accusing me of being a liar and of being dishonest again. What am I supposed to do? Submit to the "authority" you happen to submit to and just keep quiet?

Added to which, now, is this raw personal abuse where you compare me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy".

How is "Dasa" different from "vishavetu" exactly?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 09:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    You compare me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy", for disagreeing with you over a spiritual matter and over me calling attention to your blatant plagiarism, and no apology ensues.

Me a trouble maker? All I have done is stuck firmly and forthrightly to my rejection of you superimposing of your subjective belief system onto me. I have not insulted you ...[text shortened]... old child with cerebral palsy".

How is "Dasa" different from "vishavetu" exactly?
    Your have been untruthful for misrepresenting what I said........dont do it.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 10:08
    Even when you reject something, it is not backed up by giving some higher proposal....you just say I reject ... and that's it....a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy can reject, its not difficult.
    Oh? A 7 year old child with cerebral palsy?
  5. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 15:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Question: What percentage of people..
    I got this far into your post and quit reading 😀

I'm gonna go peel onions in my apathetic state
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 15:486 edits
    I would respect that stance if it was an informed stance....but it is a whimsical stance based on lack of understanding.

If you say it is not the authority which you have the right to do, then you must inform me of the true authority and give some description of its teaching.

After all this is the spirituality forum where we are all discussing our spiritu ...[text shortened]... as well, so if their is another authority then I would like to hear about it and learn from it.
    If you say it is not the authority which you have the right to do, then you must inform me of the true authority and give some description of its teaching.

You might as well have said if 134354225809324293425264353 is not the biggest natural number then you must inform us what *is* the biggest natural number.
    There is no such thing as a biggest natural number; andReveal Hidden Content
    I strongly doubt
    there is such a thing as a true authority (on spiritual matters at least).

Nobody needs to provide an alternative "authority" if they want to claim your "authority" (or any other theist's "authority" ) is dubious, they can merely demonstrate it is not an authority with simple reason (as many have).
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 18:05
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]If you say it is not the authority which you have the right to do, then you must inform me of the true authority and give some description of its teaching.

You might as well have said if 134354225809324293425264353 is not the biggest natural number then you must inform us what *is* the biggest natural number.
    There is no such thing as a biggest natu ...[text shortened]... us, they can merely demonstrate it is not an authority with simple reason (as many have).[/b]
    That just the point, FMF has not presented reason but rejects whimsically.

He rejects not because of higher knowledge....but because of zero knowledge.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 19:42
    I hope you are referring to Dasa and not utherpendragon.
    If that stuff that uther has said consitutes insult(s), then I have to really revise my posting habits, as it is not my intention to insult (or convert) anyone. I beleive utherpendragon is of the same persuasion.

As soon as a comment is taken as an insult, or my words are taken as if I were a ...[text shortened]... get saddenned for leading the "debate" into a place where I definately did not want it to go.
    I wasn't really singling anyone out when I said that. I certainly wouldn't have pegged you as prone to this sort of behaviour, and you're right, Vishvahetu/Dasa is certainly one of the worst offenders, but there's a lot of it around on all sides of all of the fences. It seems to me that Utherpendragon and FMF have something of a history, but that aside FMF is notable, in my opinion, in resisting this trend despite considerable provocation.

I feel that his measured opposition to Vishvahetu/Dasa's ignorant brow-beating is to be applauded regardless of the presence or otherwise of wisdom hidden within vishva's tiresome cut&pastes.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:121 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Clearly what? Will you please just speak for yourself and do not presume to speak for me or make assertions about what I do and what I don't "get". Dasa is not deep or difficult to comprehend. Dasa has compared me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy" for disagreeing with him and for raising the issue of his repeated and unapologetic plagiarism. What "conte ou making common cause with arguably this community's most disgraceful member?
    Clearly you dont get the context the way I get it, or are YOU really the satirist 😉 ?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't attack his beliefs. Nor do I attack yours. And I am not in the slightest bit "defensive" about my own spiritual path. I simply reject assertions made about me if and when they arise. Dasa's "spiritual path" seems to be a mixture of unattributed ideas he has found on the net [or in books] and internalized, hammered home with raw personal abuse and dreary ...[text shortened]... ty Forum. You may rush to his aid here if you wish. People will make of it what they will.
    I make of it that you come across defensive and nit-picky.
    Can you let that one go? or do you have to reply? Its just my opinion about your behaviour.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I ignore most of your posts quite deliberately. But I do focus on the ones that are directed at me or that seek to defend Dasa even though he is extraordinarily abusive and "intellectually" tyrannical.

[b]Post after post you offer not much in the way of actual "meat" for discussion. Most of your posts seem to consist of picking apart others' arguements ...[text shortened]... full of "meat" that is fine. I have no reason to doubt your sincerity.
    Fine. The fact that you replied to me 3 times in a row over a matter that has been beaten to death...Here ya go. Here's the last word for ya

BTW,I got compared to you when I first joined. What does that suppposed to mean? I took it as a compliment🙂
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 21:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    So there's to be no apology then?
    War is war, loser.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 22:05
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I wasn't really singling anyone out when I said that. I certainly wouldn't have pegged you as prone to this sort of behaviour, and you're right, Vishvahetu/Dasa is certainly one of the worst offenders, but there's a lot of it around on all sides of all of the fences. It seems to me that Utherpendragon and FMF have something of a history, but that a ...[text shortened]... ardless of the presence or otherwise of wisdom hidden within vishva's tiresome cut&pastes.
    I was applauding it for the first 15 or 20 posts too.
    I;m just bored with it now. FMF this, Dasa that, and so on...

I was accused by FMF of propping up Dasa and supporting him. I dont bring his posts to the top nearly as much as he does. And despite what FMF may say, he has totally misunderstood my stance on Dasa.

And it seems he continues to do so.
    Yes he has pulled up Dasa for Dasa's innapropriate conduct. Whoppee!!
    Its been done. The other posters have made up their minds. Lets move on.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 00:44
    That just the point, FMF has not presented reason but rejects whimsically.

He rejects not because of higher knowledge....but because of zero knowledge.
    I believe you are being completely sincere when you say you believe I have "zero knowledge".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Feb '11 00:49
    Clearly you dont get the context the way I get it
    Hey well then, I'll go back and take a look at the context again and try to see how it justifies Dasa comparing me to "a 7 yr old child with cerebral palsy" for disagreeing with him. I just don't get the context like karoly aczel and Dasa do. Mmmm. "Cerebral palsy" eh? I just got to get that context, it seems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree