1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 04:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Jesus should be our everything. And the works are a byproduct of our new nature. They have nothing to do with salvation.
    I've been saying that all along which is why you'd see them.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 11:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I've been saying that all along which is why you'd see them.
    You wrote this....
    I'd submit that for things that have not happen yet, its open ended unless you think that
    our lives are like a book and we are simply doing what was written without choice to
    change. Since I believe God gave us the ability to make a choice it is up to us to make
    them. Difficult to judge someone good or bad without the ability to do only one and not
    the other. I do think He has every base covered no matter what.

That is why I questioned you...unless you spoke of judging for rewards....
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 13:10
    You wrote this....
    I'd submit that for things that have not happen yet, its open ended unless you think that
    our lives are like a book and we are simply doing what was written without choice to
    change. Since I believe God gave us the ability to make a choice it is up to us to make
    them. [b]Difficult to judge someone good or bad
    without the ...[text shortened]... tter what.

That is why I questioned you...unless you spoke of judging for rewards....[/b]
    "Does God not know what sins you will commit in the future?"

🙂 The one of the troubles with human conversation sometimes we can miss some of the
    points the other was making and why. I only said that because you said what I quoted
    above. I believe God has given us the ability to choose and if we are locked into all of
    our choices what is the point we are simply living out our lives as if you are reading a
    book not making meaningful choices that are going to impact our futures. I think God has
    it all covered no matter what is done, but we are the ones making our choices in this
    life so we can be held accountable for them.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 13:17
    "Does God not know what sins you will commit in the future?"

🙂 The one of the troubles with human conversation sometimes we can miss some of the
    points the other was making and why. I only said that because you said what I quoted
    above. I believe God has given us the ability to choose and if we are locked into all of
    our choices what is the point we ...[text shortened]... ne, but we are the ones making our choices in this
    life so we can be held accountable for them.
    Absolutely...🙂
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 17:421 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:a The old has gone, the new is here! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them.

2 Cor 5:17
    IF! Did you see that word IF?

Christians are given a new life in Christ. They are of course forgiven of all sins. But there are some who do not live in accordance with that new life and go back, they fall away, they return to the vomit, they like sin, they love the world and the things of this world, and they give up God and Christ.

The warnings to these Christians are very severe.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 21:49
    Originally posted by Rajk999

Christians are given a new life in Christ. They are of course forgiven of all sins. But there are some who do not live in accordance with that new life and go back, they fall away, they return to the vomit, they like sin, they love the world and the things of this world, and they give up God and Christ.

Do you know this by experience?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 23:431 edit
    Do you know this by experience?
    The Bible says it. Do you need the references?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 00:25

The truth of that scripture is there for you to accept or discard.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 01:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The truth of that scripture is there for you to accept or discard.
    Cherry picking is what you like because it suits your lifestyle... So enjoy while it lasts
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 05:03

Is this a life style choice in how you view it or some act where they sin and realize they
    did and then turns back to God?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 10:34
    Is this a life style choice in how you view it or some act where they sin and realize they
    did and then turns back to God?
    I dont understand that question to be honest, but it sounds like you are asking me about a specific case and the answer like I keep saying that it is up to Christ to decide.

What I know is what the Bible is clear about and that is that there are two types of Christian:
    - those that please God and who are referred to as sheep, fruitful branches, the elect, good seed, the righteous and other names, who will get eternal life plus varying rewards
    - those that do not please God and who are referred to as goats, unfruitful branches, bad seed, the unrighteous etc, and who will receive eternal damnation.

Christians generally say that the latter category is not possible as all Christians will get eternal life.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 10:38
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    "...but than again..."

I'm shocked, Suzianne!
    Me too! 😳
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 10:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its not even that, its simply a rather clumsy attempt to project values that the OP has not expressed.
    But then again, I wasn't talking to either you or the OP.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 10:45

And WHY do you assume that ALL Christians are like this?

I say far, far more are NOT like this than are.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 11:14
    I dont understand that question to be honest, but it sounds like you are asking me about a specific case and the answer like I keep saying that it is up to Christ to decide.

What I know is what the Bible is clear about and that is that there are two types of Christian:
    - those that please God and who are referred to as sheep, fruitful branches, the elec ...[text shortened]... generally say that the latter category is not possible as all Christians will get eternal life.
    No the question is much simpler than you are making it out to be.

One who is following Christ and decides that sin is the way to go is a life style choice,
    forgetting that Christ has saved them from their sins they go back to their vomit so to
    speak.

One who is following Christ and sins, but repents and turns to Jesus asking for
    forgiveness. That sin is but a blip in their lives sanctification is on going as they draw
    closer to God, that sin isn't the master of them.

Is that how you see them or do you see them as something else?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree