1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 12:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are NOT RJπŸ™‚ One thing the 70's taught me about drugs: I met this guy, a nice guy really, I rented an RV from him for a family vacation, another story, but one day he let me have a line of coke.

Well, living in Venice beach, I started riding my bicycle on the bike path, like totally high and re-inventing the worldπŸ™‚

So a couple of weeks later, th ...[text shortened]... the time and concluded there was no getting back to that original high and never tried it again.
    You were smarter than me. Maybe you still are. πŸ˜‰

From the late 60's to the early 90's was a blur. Not really, but bad enough. Crack was my downfall. 6 months and 10,000 dollars gone forever. Embarrassing. But a quarter of a century ago. Good now. Better than I ever dreamt it could be. If it wasn't for Jesus I'd be dead for sure. πŸ˜€
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 12:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I mentioned John McCutcheon's version on a CD from quite a while ago, only one voice but with great instrumentation, he sang the definitive version. I only found him doing that song playing just an autoharp, nice but nothing like the studio version.
    Listen to this more recent song from him, quite nice: Room at the top of the stairs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-u5J0j_3js
    Touching! I like that one. I have a twelve year old son with a room at the top of the stair. I'll play this for him and his mother later today. Thanx.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 20:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    Touching! I like that one. I have a twelve year old son with a room at the top of the stair. I'll play this for him and his mother later today. Thanx.
    John McCutcheon is a national treasure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree