1. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 07:50
    Originally posted by rooktakesqueen
    if christians are 100% certain that they're belief is the right one and god is a christian god, would that be implying that every other religion is wrong, and so offended two thirds of the world's population?
    Christ is the way. No-one gets to the Father except through Christ. Not sure how many more times you must be told this.

Listening but never hearing.

Looking but never seeing.

Searching but never attaining.

All of this........by your own choice.
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 07:56
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    Christ is the way. No-one gets to the Father except through Christ. Not sure how many more times you must be told this.

Listening but never hearing.

Looking but never seeing.

Searching but never attaining.

All of this........by your own choice.
    You can tell me this as many times as you like.
    Try telling me once a minute for the next 50 years say - that's roughly 26 million times.

But I'll never believe you ...
  3. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:11
    Originally posted by amannion
    You can tell me this as many times as you like.
    Try telling me once a minute for the next 50 years say - that's roughly 26 million times.

But I'll never believe you ...
    Yes, your right. You're lost.
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:24
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    "This little game you play of saying it's people who send themselves to hell is not very convincing. We have to ask for salvation. If we don't, then we are sent to hell." ---ringwett

If I stop by your house and ask you to jump in my car and you reject my offer and choose to stay in your burning house , is it me that's done this to you or yo ...[text shortened]... ift spurned. We have to want to be there , he won't force us, that would be perverse.
    A little late in the day to jump in, perhaps. I apologize, but your post strikes me as interesting...

...rejecting a god of your own imaginings) would mean a hell like state of mind anyway. You would be rejecting the only purpose for which you were created.

I'm curious. In your opinion, what was the only purpose for which we are created? How did you arrive at such a conclusion?

Death may or may not be an option for us because we are created as eternal /spiritual beings (except we have forgoten this).

In your opinion, are animals created as eternal/spiritual? Do animals have souls? When animals die, do they also have to worry about heaven and hell? Do the (human) canibals in the deep Amazon jungle have souls? Do they get to go to heaven/hell when they die?
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:27
    Yes, your right. You're lost.
    Who are YOU to proclaim another living soul to be LOST? Have YOU taken HIS place?

Your arrogance puts people off, helps no one, and convinces no one.

Your pride is a sin against the God you claim to believe in.

Your anger (shown in the way you attack others) is also a sin by your own standards.

There is no way God or Jesus is pleased with your behavior at this moment.

Think about the meaning of 'humility'.
  6. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:41
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Who are YOU to proclaim another living soul to be LOST? Have YOU taken HIS place?

Your arrogance puts people off, helps no one, and convinces no one.

Your pride is a sin against the God you claim to believe in.

Your anger (shown in the way you attack others) is also a sin by your own standards.

There is no way God or Jesus is pleased with your behavior at this moment.

Think about the meaning of 'humility'.
    Truth hurts, huh?

Amazing how you and your fellow thumb suckers can tear into someone but when that person does the same all of a sudden the word "sin" comes into play.

All of a sudden God exists and isn't pleased with me.

You sir are a hypocrite. You are confused about everything, yet you lecture all who stand up for the God they believe in.

Do me a favour. Shut your yap. Your making a complete fool of yourself.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 09:04
    Truth hurts, huh?

Amazing how you and your fellow thumb suckers can tear into someone but when that person does the same all of a sudden the word "sin" comes into play.

All of a sudden God exists and isn't pleased with me.

You sir are a hypocrite. You are confused about everything, yet you lecture all who stand up for the God they believe in.

Do me a favour. Shut your yap. Your making a complete fool of yourself.
    Not at all. The truth shall set you free -- if you can face it.

I tell you to your face that you are not living Christ's word. If anyone is lost -- you are. You are living by the letter, not the spirit.

I'm not even sure why I am moved to tell you this. I don't know you.

But there it is.
  8. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 09:13
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Not at all. The truth shall set you free -- if you can face it.

I tell you to your face that you are not living Christ's word. If anyone is lost -- you are. You are living by the letter, not the spirit.

I'm not even sure why I am moved to tell you this. I don't know you.

But there it is.
    Thanks for the concern shown.
  9. Joined
    03 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 15:28
    but you've missed my point clean cut, you are saying that if you do not follow the way of christ then you are doomed; what of the person who devolts his life to a different religion; lets say this person is good, kind, peaceful and loving; are you honestly saying god will still send this person to hell for believing in him, but not christ? if so, i dont think i want to be with your god..!
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 20:09
    Originally posted by GregM
    Why are my questions "fantastic"? If we start from zero knowledge, isn't a bad God as likely as a good God? And do we really have any concrete knowledge other than your "sublime and experiential" certainty? What if I have some "sublime" experience that convinces me that God is out to make life miserable for mankind?

Your argument seems to boil down to "God ...[text shortened]... ile others can't seems to be "Jesus said I'm right." These aren't very convincing.
    What if I have some "sublime" experience that convinces me that God is out to make life miserable for mankind?

...in that case it wouldn't be sublime...once you have felt it you KNOW the difference ...just like one knows the difference between quality beer and cheap booze. Why do you think the Bible says taste and see that the Lord is good!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree